Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ok, this is where I step in. I absolutely will not tolerate politically correct outrage here. Jokes about men, women, Republican, Democrat, liberal, conservative, gay, straight, short, tall, skin

For people without comorbidities, COVID-19 is not the apocalyptical virus the media makes it out to be. As recently as 3 weeks ago (I think?) the WHO reversed itself, now saying that societal lockdown

There's a couple of posts of this nature and yes, that's no good. But again, this side of the coin gets well represented, but can we allow some representation for the other side of the coin? Or is thi

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Glen said:

last stat I read was that long COVID is infecting 1 in 10

not a great stat all said and done 

still amazes me people comparing this to the flu. I had flu at least a few times and yeah I felt a bit shitty but not that bad.

I don't want to see how C-19 turns out to be honest 

And see I've had at least 7 friends tell me the same thing, "I felt lethargic for like 3 weeks, absolutely zero power or energy, but I had the flu last winter and I thought it was a million times worse then this" 7 bro!  my ex has a fever, my daughter is just sluggish, keeps wanting to go do shit then cant find the energy, so like I said before, I don't personally know anyone who's died of either, but I know a whole fuckload of people who died of Cancer, but I don't worry about it 24/7, whats the point in that? if you don't think for a second this thing isnt going to go into the smallest corner in the world, you must be smokin that dust, this thing is never going anywhere, it's only going to spread, and best just start thinking of it like the flu, think people are being just a tad funny about all of this, don't you? a bit mellow dramatic, perhaps it's time to stop, and do an honest introspection, is it truly worth all the bullshit we sacrificed for it? all the jobs, the industry's, people's lives, peoples death's, all the internal strife within America, with the BLM, was all the blood sweat and tears truly worth all the dying, pain, destruction, and destitution, just to see the smoke clear and realize that it was all just for nothing, because you couldn't stop TRUMP 2020 II The Reckoning!!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Glen said:

And here's an article on the long term effects of the flu that some people might experience;

https://www.health.com/condition/cold-flu-sinus/flu-long-term-effects

You can find an article for any panic-stricken agenda you like. 

What I was trying to say above is that yes, for some people there will be long term side effects of having had Corona. Just like, for some people, there will be long term side effects after they have the flu, or are in a car crash, or get attacked by a shark. But for others, there won't be long term side effects. It's not a one size fits all scenario.

Have you heard about how many people don't even know they have/had covid-19? Will all these people have side effects for the rest of their life?;

https://www.healthline.com/health-news/50-percent-of-people-with-covid19-not-aware-have-virus

As I noted, neither you or I have travelled in time to have evidence for either scenario, but I'm willing to bet a whole wad of cash that the overwhelming majority of people will not experience these long term side effects from covid-19 that you want to scare everyone with. 

I just don't understand why you think every human is wired the same and you feel the need to push this idea that this thing basically destroys everyone who has it. I believe, what some would call you, is a Doom Booster. 

As with the other discussion, it'd do you well to acknowledge a second side of the story, and not just the one that suits - for whatever reason - your fear-riddled agenda, to a tee.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Geoff said:

And here's an article on the long term effects of the flu that some people might experience;

https://www.health.com/condition/cold-flu-sinus/flu-long-term-effects

You can find an article for any panic-stricken agenda you like. 

What I was trying to say above is that yes, for some people there will be long term side effects of having had Corona. Just like, for some people, there will be long term side effects after they have the flu, or are in a car crash, or get attacked by a shark. But for others, there won't be long term side effects. It's not a one size fits all scenario.

Have you heard about how many people don't even know they have/had covid-19? Will all these people have side effects for the rest of their life?;

https://www.healthline.com/health-news/50-percent-of-people-with-covid19-not-aware-have-virus

As I noted, neither you or I have travelled in time to have evidence for either scenario, but I'm willing to bet a whole wad of cash that the overwhelming majority of people will not experience these long term side effects from covid-19 that you want to scare everyone with. 

I just don't understand why you think every human is wired the same and you feel the need to push this idea that this thing basically destroys everyone who has it. I believe, what some would call you, is a Doom Booster. 

As with the other discussion, it'd do you well to acknowledge a second side of the story, and not just the one that suits - for whatever reason - your fear-riddled agenda, to a tee.  

err just to make this absolutely clear - this is not coming from me. 

And that is not a panic stricken website it is the official UK government website with comments directly from our health secretary ffs

you do what u like. at 30 odd years old yes your risk is prob negligible. At nearly 51 I would be far greater risk category even being fit for my age.

And as for my parents they would prob die sadly.

both have had their yearly flu jab so that risk in minor in comparison - for covid there is no treatment or vaccine. Comparing the two is quite frankly bollocks.

so I continue to be careful and prudent 

but I am not living my life in fear thank you very much and I am not doom mongering 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/27/2020 at 2:37 PM, Leykis101 said:

But if it was food stamps or some other hand out everyone else has to pay for, the dems would green light it in a second, this is just pelosi working her way out of office, if she gets re-elected next go around, I'll eat my shorts, she's a literal cancer on our society, she's the exact opposite of the regular everyday American, she's a load that should've been swallowed, fuck Nazi Pelosi!!! and her god damned, excrement covered, backwards ass garbage dump of a city(that she helped make that way) her and Schummar are the 1st 2 that need to be kicked the fuck out the door.

Pelosi is no worse than Mitch Mcconnell as they both put party first before the country.....

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Glen said:

err just to make this absolutely clear - this is not coming from me. 

And that is not a panic stricken website it is the official UK government website with comments directly from our health secretary ffs

you do what u like. at 30 odd years old yes your risk is prob negligible. At nearly 51 I would be far greater risk category even being fit for my age.

And as for my parents they would prob die sadly.

both have had their yearly flu jab so that risk in minor in comparison - for covid there is no treatment or vaccine. Comparing the two is quite frankly bollocks.

so I continue to be careful and prudent 

but I am not living my life in fear thank you very much and I am not doom mongering 

I'm not sure who you think is comparing it to the flu but as my point is clearly getting lost on you, I won't mention the flu in this post. 

So, around one million people die due to mosquito bites every year - true story. 

This, does not mean that every person who gets bitten by a mosquito will die or have side effects for the rest of their life. As with every other death on the planet, there will be a tear-jerking story behind most of those deaths. It is a very sad thing. 

But, we do not pause the planet to deal with mosquito bite deaths. 

As with the BLM thing, you proved yourself single-minded and it's happening here again. 

No one is saying this thing is a minor thing that we should ignore... but how much longer do we put the world on hold? What if there is never a vaccine? We're something like 10 months in now, so I think we have a fair idea of how to exercise some common sense. 

But anyway, like I said above, I hate getting sucked into these discussions as I can't completely verbalise my thoughts on the whole thing. 

All I know is that it irritates me greatly seeing this garbage about everyone who has the disease is doomed forever, when I truly don't believe that to be the case at all. It's creating fear and doom mongering for no reason I can see.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

The world can not and should not shut down to deal with this virus as it is way too expensive to follow that path for long....however we should be using a little common sense , social distancing and face masks seem to work just fine if everyone would get onboard with this direction....the problem is many people seem to think this is a terrible infringement of their liberties which is ridiculous.....show a little respect and responsibility to your fellow man....besides wearing face masks has a real advantage, we don't have to see how ugly many people (Geoff) are, some people(Geoff) should have to wear masks by law so the rest of us can be spared the uglyness...:lol:

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Geoff said:

I'm not sure who you think is comparing it to the flu but as my point is clearly getting lost on you, I won't mention the flu in this post. 

So, around one million people die due to mosquito bites every year - true story. 

This, does not mean that every person who gets bitten by a mosquito will die or have side effects for the rest of their life. As with every other death on the planet, there will be a tear-jerking story behind most of those deaths. It is a very sad thing. 

But, we do not pause the planet to deal with mosquito bite deaths. 

As with the BLM thing, you proved yourself single-minded and it's happening here again. 

No one is saying this thing is a minor thing that we should ignore... but how much longer do we put the world on hold? What if there is never a vaccine? We're something like 10 months in now, so I think we have a fair idea of how to exercise some common sense. 

But anyway, like I said above, I hate getting sucked into these discussions as I can't completely verbalise my thoughts on the whole thing. 

All I know is that it irritates me greatly seeing this garbage about everyone who has the disease is doomed forever, when I truly don't believe that to be the case at all. It's creating fear and doom mongering for no reason I can see.  

The issue is my friend that mosquito bite victims do not occupy 50% of ICU beds in France, hence lockdown commencing 01.11

as I said this is not me doom mongering I am merely commenting on what is unfolding in Europe.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Dead Planet said:

The world can not and should not shut down to deal with this virus as it is way too expensive to follow that path for long....however we should be using a little common sense , social distancing and face masks seem to work just fine if everyone would get onboard with this direction....the problem is many people seem to think this is a terrible infringement of their liberties which is ridiculous.....show a little respect and responsibility to your fellow man....besides wearing face masks has a real advantage, we don't have to see how ugly many people (Geoff) are, some people(Geoff) should have to wear masks by law so the rest of us can be spared the uglyness...:lol:

We don't do this for the flu! Tuberculosis, Rhinovirus, Ebola, interesting to know how many people each of these took out before they were first discovered? regardless, I think we are all safe, because this will all go away after next Tuesday so I can wear a mask until then, sorry I'm so cynical, I guess if I catch it and die, you guys can all get on here and make jokes and post I told you so, I would look at it as disrespectful if you did anything other.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just saw Trump likened to a dictator in another thread.

Thought I'd update here.

Here, in Melbourne, Australia, we now have had no new cases for 7 days, and a grand total of 15 active cases out of 6 million people.

Yet we still have mandatory masks inside and outside, limit of 25km travel from home, a regional border banning us from entering rural area, and then state borders keeping us out, resturants and pubs limited to 10 people inside.
If I want to see all my kids, we have to arrange to meet in a public outdoors area, where 10 of us can gather togerther (we have 6 kids who all have partners) we cannot have more than 2 of them visit our home at a time.
Shopping centres are open again under strict conditions, but around 40% of shops are still closed in my area with the impact of 4 to 5 months lockdown soon to hit hard.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CureTheSane said:

Just saw Trump likened to a dictator in another thread.

Thought I'd update here.

Here, in Melbourne, Australia, we now have had no new cases for 7 days, and a grand total of 15 active cases out of 6 million people.

Yet we still have mandatory masks inside and outside, limit of 25km travel from home, a regional border banning us from entering rural area, and then state borders keeping us out, resturants and pubs limited to 10 people inside.
If I want to see all my kids, we have to arrange to meet in a public outdoors area, where 10 of us can gather togerther (we have 6 kids who all have partners) we cannot have more than 2 of them visit our home at a time.
Shopping centres are open again under strict conditions, but around 40% of shops are still closed in my area with the impact of 4 to 5 months lockdown soon to hit hard.

be thankful

yesterday we had over 35000 cases and nearly 400 deaths which could have been avoided if people had followed the rules.

now we enter 4 weeks of lockdown again or else our ICU will be overrun and even more people will die.

Plus other patients will cancer will miss out on operations leading to further tradegy behind the scenes

And I called trump a dictator for good reason. If I go down the whole system goes down with me - recount for sure, calling fraud is a disgrace 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Glen said:

be thankful

yesterday we had over 35000 cases and nearly 400 deaths which could have been avoided if people had followed the rules.

now we enter 4 weeks of lockdown again or else our ICU will be overrun and even more people will die.

Plus other patients will cancer will miss out on operations leading to further tradegy behind the scenes

And I called trump a dictator for good reason. If I go down the whole system goes down with me - recount for sure, calling fraud is a disgrace 

Right. One of my best friend's has breast cancer. If anybody on Chemo gets it then it's a super high risk as the immune system is servery compromised. I'm super worried about her. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/6/2020 at 2:04 AM, PeterS said:

Right. One of my best friend's has breast cancer. If anybody on Chemo gets it then it's a super high risk as the immune system is servery compromised. I'm super worried about her. 

Like I said, I have kidney failure, if I get it supposedly im a gonner, but I'm not going to spend the time I do have left in hiding, doesnt seem to be an even takeaway for me.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Leykis101 said:

Like I said, I have kidney failure, if I get it supposedly im a gonner, but I'm not going to spend the time I do have left in hiding, doesnt seem to be an even takeaway for me.

My children’s maternal grandmother at 80 and with asthma got it and survived.

Nothing is guaranteed but you can play with the odds. 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

US is out of control.

60,000 cases a day / 1500 deaths a day. 

So sad. 

I was listening to report on El Paso. 1100 in ICU and mobile morgues bought in. Grim reality.

Vaccine is good news but rolling out could take months.

I fear for folk over there - at this rate of death you could be looking at over 50,000 dead between now and Christmas :(

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

We were one of the best states in the nation with Covid-19 numbers running low.

The last 10 days has seen a dramatic increase in the numbers.

DATE    POS RESULTS
10/30   925
10/31   793
11/1   1034
11/2    850
11/3    772
11/4    983
11/5   1192
11/6   1540
11/7   1234
11/8   1253
11/9   1373
11/10  1325
11/11  1714

We had been seeing around 400 to 600 a day but no where near 1,000 a day.

Edited by AlphaMale
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, AlphaMale said:

We were one of the best states in the nation with Covid-19 numbers running low.

The last 10 days has seen a dramatic increase in the numbers.

DATE    POS RESULTS
10/30   925
10/31   793
11/1   1034
11/2    850
11/3    772
11/4    983
11/5   1192
11/6   1540
11/7   1234
11/8   1253
11/9   1373
11/10  1325
11/11  1714

We had been seeing around 400 to 600 a day but no where near 1,000 a day.

meanwhile your president hides in his bunker dreaming up shit about voter fraud cos he can't believe he actually lost something in his life and can't worm his way out of it.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Let's focus on the topic at hand please rather than turning this into yet another Orange Man Bad! thread.

 

I think a certain level of increase should have been expected, as (1) we're now heading into normal flu season, and (2) the colder weather means that groups are now congregating more indoors than they were outdoors.

We're seeing a surge here as well, although nothing remotely overwhelming with respect to the medical system.

County population is 209,000 and we currently have 528 active cases, of which 7 are hospitalized. Cumulative deaths in the county to date: 37 (most of which came from a nursing home outbreak, high level of comorbidities).

https://www.c-uphd.org/champaign-urbana-illinois-coronavirus-information.html?fbclid=IwAR1W3IEH2hr-GDnTIrzVX7NoGvy0GLrKI2h2arZ1U51PyamieaUvfCS2D6A

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2020 Gold Donors

I'm absolutely no expert, but I cannot for the life me, understand how the US can have a higher infection and death rate than India or Brazil??

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.