Robin Red (Degreed) - s/t

Stefan

• 3 weeks later...
  • Stefan changed the title to Robin Red (Degreed) - s/t
1 hour ago, tts42572 said:

Ok song but not really exciting me much.

Based upon samples I think there will be some better stuff on the album.

based on samples I'd say thats the worst song on the album.

still good for the worst song ;)

• 4 weeks later...

Nice enough tune but I can't help but compare this stuff to Degreed and for me, I like Degreed more than these solo tunes.  Degreed just has more bite and edge than these tunes which I guess is more in my wheelhouse.

16 hours ago, lettard said:

I like that,I don't want him to make a Degreed album...we have Degreed for that,so this solo stuff is a nice distraction.

100% - Best of both worlds. Really enjoying the ‘lite’ direction he has taken. Really well crafted songs. 

Degreed are awesome and certainly rock harder - this project was never about that and he has nailed the AOR / Pop Rock sound. 

• Like 2

This is something Thomas McFapperson would really like. Going to inform him about it.

• My Little Pony
9 hours ago, Thomas/Coastline said:

This is something Thomas McFapperson would really like. Going to inform him about it.

Just be sure to knock on the door before you enter. 

• Haha 1

Got this today and its excellent...so upbeat...sounds really summery...some cracking tunes...will get more spins over weekend but Don't Leave Me (with a broken heart) just kicks it all off so well :)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, lettard said:

Got this today and its excellent...so upbeat...sounds really summery...some cracking tunes...will get more spins over weekend but Don't Leave Me (with a broken heart) just kicks it all off so well :)

how so early? 

11 hours ago, Glen said:

how so early? 

I always pre-order from the same shop online and they send them out as soon as they get them...sometimes late sometimes early...this time they were early  :) but Escape had them for sale on ebay since last week.

• Like 1

Gave this album a listen.  Pretty sure I'll be in the minority but just not exciting me much.

Now I'll say it is excellent for what it is and is a well crafted AOR album.  I know the point of a solo album was to do something different than Degreed and he did that....but I guess I struggle a bit as I inevitably keep comparing this to Degreed who I dig and this is like Degreed Ultra-Lite.

That said....I do like a few tunes here.  Don't Leave Me With A Broken Heart, Midnight Rain and Nitelife are pretty good and will be added to my playlist.  Heart of Stone isn't too bad.  It's really all very "nice" and listenable but that's about all that stood out for me upon my first listen.  

• My Little Pony

Gave this album a listen.  Pretty sure I'll be in the minority but just not exciting me much.

Now I'll say it is excellent for what it is and is a well crafted AOR album.  I know the point of a solo album was to do something different than Degreed and he did that....but I guess I struggle a bit as I inevitably keep comparing this to Degreed who I dig and this is like Degreed Ultra-Lite.

That said....I do like a few tunes here.  Don't Leave Me With A Broken Heart, Midnight Rain and Nitelife are pretty good and will be added to my playlist.  Heart of Stone isn't too bad.  It's really all very "nice" and listenable but that's about all that stood out for me upon my first listen.  

So it doesn't compare to Degreed...

but how does it compare to H.e.a.t?

;}

• Haha 3

very nice album. A couple of fillers, but this will be getting huge rotation from me. Feel good old school AOR - really nice solo project and a different side to his Degreed stuff. 

• Like 2

I agree, the singles released were really good but as a whole the album doesn’t excite me much.