Stefan

House Of Lords - New World - New Eyes

Yep, that's sounding pretty meek. :(

those 2 songs are really weak. 

New song 'Chemical Rush'.

Hmmm...still no boom to the sound...that old HOL big sound still missing,it would make these tracks better...for me anyway.

I agree, there's something missing.

Yeah it's a really terrible sound which just makes the whole listening experience poor. 

Another weak effort. With Christian's diminished vocals, you would think they'd made the record sound huge to cover up the limited range. This is just a shell of the HOL we loved. Very sad.

Listening to the album now and...yeah, this is pretty dire. The production sucks obviously but the songwriting just isn't good at all. It's a flat-out boring album. When I think "House of Lords" I think huge, epic songs and there are none of them here. Major letdown.

Oh, and that production - how is this still happening in 2020? It's not like this is a new band or an indie release either. I'm flummoxed.

I’ve seen reviews and people on social media rating this very highly - I must be missing something?

Weak songs and that production is dire, don’t understand how it’s even been signed off. 

Mine arrived this morning and im in the middle with it atm,not loving nor hating it...yet,sound wise I don't have to add anything to what has already been said,it just lacks in pretty much every dept but for me the overall feel is not of HOL cd...just like the last half dozen but yet I still find myself going back and purchasing the next release...but where is the Ummphh!!!  :(

The first release by the band that I will pass on....

Should've named this 

New Album - Same Producer

Absolutely agree with most that has been said here already, add to the poor sound the usual too many lame lyrics and the horrible running order (doesn't make sense having a super long intro for track2 but not to open the record?) doesn't bode too well, but...

There's a little pomp back and some cracking melodies (vocally too), and quite a good amount of material to like! We're All That We Got, Better Off Broken and The Both Of Us are a slight nod back to their World Upside Down through Cartesian Dreams eras, perhaps ;)

Still feel this band could release something really special, but at least liking enough of this, even if there's an air of 'could've been / should've been' about it. 

I have to say, I didn't think this was so bad either. I don't actually mind the production to be totally honest. Heard a lot worse. For instance, I think production wise it sounds a lot better than Harem Scarem, which gets little critique. 

Anyway, production aside, the first 4 songs are terrible. Was ready to completely write the band off, but I'll be balled if the next 4 songs aren't all pretty good. Then the last two disappoint again, but there are 4 keepers on here, which I think is better than recent albums? Not exactly something to rejoice about, but it's not all terrible. 

I didn't hate it on the first spin through but it's definitely not among their best.  Feels more like a James Christian solo album, missing the oomph of an HoL release.  Not terrible but nothing special.

Not quite getting all the hate for this one. It's not a barnburner, but it's not horrid either. It's "ok".

• Like 2

Below 70% for me

Yeah "ok" is a good point of reference for this one,but it could've/should've been so much better,we know from World Upside Down that they still have it in them...somewhere.

New acoustic version of 'Perfectly (Just You and I)'.

Bonus track for the Japan release?

I agree with Geoff. The first 4 are bad, next 4 are decent, last 3 are bad.

Solid(ish) and that's about all

New video for ' The Both Of Us'.

On 6/23/2020 at 2:14 PM, Stefan said:

New video for ' The Both Of Us'.

I agree with the overall consensus on this release.  A couple of good tracks like this one, but too many mediocre songs and an overall lackluster sound prevents the album from being a keeper for me.