Bands from the 80's that did not deserve a record deal

AlphaMale

Hell yeah! Did u notice the lyrics at all? Nothing over the top, just kind of funny, out of nowhere.

On 2/12/2020 at 9:28 AM, phaffas said:

I still own and thoroughly enjoy T-Ride. It’s a fun album.

Go on YouTube and type in Eric Valentine, he does a YouTube audio engineering show, where he gets different band members in once a week and then completely breaks down one of the bands songs, then goes through and shows how it was recorded, track by track, instrument by instrument, if your not into that shit then it will be like watching paint dry, or golf, but on one of the episodes a couple weeks ago, he breaks down T-Ride(his band), the song Zombies From Hell, he goes into great discussion on the band, the recording of the album, I mean if anything you gotta give that fucking CD credit for how completely unique it sounded if not anything else, it's a stand alone as far as im concerned, i don't like all the songs, but i love the way it sounds, anyways, he did all the producing and engineering on the entire thing, and he was like 17 years old, it's pretty fucking mind draining watching all the bullshit that went into making that disc sound the way it does, and it was all done in 1990, that means it was all analog, Jesus! anyway if you care that much you should check it out, he also talks about the unreleased T-Ride disc, he doesn't ever see it being released, oh well.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
On 5/6/2020 at 11:14 PM, Geoff said:

Horrendous CD. 

2 immediate bans right there.

That S/T Hags disc is quintessential. I'd say I wish they had more material but as many know the heroin got the best of them. Lightning in a bottle on that self titled though.

And besides they got a 1 album deal on Chrysalis for fucks sake. It wasn't like they got a 10 album deal on Geffen or Sony or something.