Bands from the 80's that did not deserve a record deal

AlphaMale

1 minute ago, lettard said:

Liked this song from LostBoys...but don't let it fool you into getting this disc...

That's why I bought it. Ugh! :doh:

Edited by AlphaMale

5 hours ago, AlphaMale said:

How about Blonz??

I thought this was about bands that didn't deserve record deals? They certainly did. Love (half of) that album. Did they ever actually get signed and release that album, or was it only ever released as a promo? Either way, no way I'd put them in with the rest of these shit kickers. 

Nah I really liked the Blonz album,still listen to it quite a bit,some really good tracks on that one "Miracles","Hands Of Love","Trouble Child" and the brilliant anti party/party song "Last Call(For Alcohol)...wise they'd have released another album if i'm honest.

It was released,I have it on the Imagine/Epic label from way back but I believe it was reissued recently but I don't remember who by...think it was Demon Doll.

Edited by lettard

14 hours ago, lettard said:

Liked this song from LostBoys...but don't let it fool you into getting this disc...

Jeez, I can see why they sold some albums based on that. They sure as hell look a lot better than they sound. Very cool video. It's a passable song that would have appealed to the Bang Tango crowd, no doubt. What a rude shock the rest of the album was, lol. 

18 hours ago, AlphaMale said:

Baker's Pink even has a video:

That's quite depressing. Don't like their sound at all. Dude definitely has a very strong Jim Morrison thing going on there. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Mafisen said:

That guy thinks he's Jim Morrisson/Eddie Vedder all rolled in to one. :rofl2:

I also got Michael Hutchence. 

3 hours ago, Mafisen said:

That guy thinks he's Jim Morrisson/Eddie Vedder all rolled in to one. :rofl2:

3 hours ago, Geoff said:

I also got Michael Hutchence. 

3 hours ago, Mafisen said:

Yes! Great shout. 

Agreed!! Only he only has 1% of the ability! 

6 hours ago, shamus said:

I think Lost Boys formed from the ashes of Odin who were a huge draw on the Sunset Strip in the early days (see Decline of Western Civilization the Metal Years) so they likely secured a deal based on that fact alone. Love Crying Out like most of you. The rest not so much.

I think Randy is a spa cleaner these.

14 hours ago, lettard said:

Nah I really liked the Blonz album,still listen to it quite a bit,some really good tracks on that one "Miracles","Hands Of Love","Trouble Child" and the brilliant anti party/party song "Last Call(For Alcohol)...wise they'd have released another album if i'm honest.

It was released,I have it on the Imagine/Epic label from way back but I believe it was reissued recently but I don't remember who by...think it was Demon Doll.

Ted Poley covered their song “Hands of Love” on his Beyond the Fade album. I have the original release as well. The singer was playing with George Lynch in Lynch Mob not to long ago.

Edited by Whatever Happened To Fun?

I liked Mindfunk, but I also didn't buy it expecting it to be something else, I saw them live in Phoenix when they opened for Suicidal Tendencies, let's just say this, their one of a few bands I've seen who should've just released live albums, because their studio albums were not even in the same ballpark as their live shit, night and day difference.

• Like 1

On ‎2‎/‎1‎/‎2020 at 2:06 AM, Whatever Happened To Fun? said:

The singer was playing with George Lynch in Lynch Mob not to long ago.

I see he's now singing in a group with Tommy Skeoch called Resist & Bite.

• Like 1

Hey I loved the song on T-Ride called You and Your Friend, nobody caught those lyrics? I can't see you and me and her without each other, I hope u feel the same way to, I kinda liked the album for what it is, never attempting to be hard rock, I'd classify them as experimental, and how bout the production? Who is the dude behind it? Isn't it Eric Valentine? Think he was one of the producers of like American Idol or one of those shows, I remember one I bought that was garbage, Shakin Family, also a band called Shyboy, not the one from Boston, this CD was called something like Same Color Same Skin I believe, pure shit