Jump to content
AlphaMale

Lots Of Releases, Only Like One

Recommended Posts

Are there any groups out there with a lengthy discography but only 1 truly great album? 

A few for me:

Goo Goo Dolls "Hold Me Up" (never a big fan of this band but I really love this disc!)

Dragonforce "Maximum Overload" (songs are just so memorable!)

Black Crowes "Shake Your Moneymaker"

Dynazty "Sultans Of Sin"

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's a really, really random Goo Goo Dolls one to like. What made you choose that one?

I know there's lots out there but I can't think of many. One comes to mind;

Cheap Trick - 'Busted'

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Geoff said:

That's a really, really random Goo Goo Dolls one to like. What made you choose that one?

I know there's lots out there but I can't think of many. One comes to mind;

Cheap Trick - 'Busted'

 

I bought that Goo Goo Dolls CD not even knowing back then who they were.

Just thought there were quite a few memorable choruses on that one.

Tracks 2, 3, 4 ,and 5 are all good. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hinder - Take It To The Limit

Therapy? - Troublegum

Nine Inch Nails - Pretty Hate Machine

Queensryche - Operation Mindcrime

Hardline - Double Eclipse

Lynch Mob - Wicked Sensation

Edited by zacharyamelie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, AlphaMale said:

I bought that Goo Goo Dolls CD not even knowing back then who they were.

Just thought there were quite a few memorable choruses on that one.

Tracks 2, 3, 4 ,and 5 are all good. 

Did you try 'Dizzy up the girl' and the album that followed that? Even 'Superstar Carwash?" I thought they had some really cool discs. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Geoff said:

Did you try 'Dizzy up the girl' and the album that followed that? Even 'Superstar Carwash?" I thought they had some really cool discs. ;)

Yup. Not my thing. They changed their sound.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd agree with Hardline

others imo

Jimmy Barnes - Freight Train Heart

Darkness - Permission to Land

Edguy - Rocketride

MSG - s/t

and you could almost say AC/DC - Back in Black (Half of Highway to Hell is perfection but the other half is weak so overall it's not a great release) 

Saxon - Wheels of Steel. (most other Saxon albums I only like a song or 2)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Glen said:

I'd agree with Hardline

others imo

Jimmy Barnes - Freight Train Heart

Darkness - Permission to Land

Edguy - Rocketride

MSG - s/t

and you could almost say AC/DC - Back in Black (Half of Highway to Hell is perfection but the other half is weak so overall it's not a great release) 

Saxon - Wheels of Steel. (most other Saxon albums I only like a song or 2)

 

You don't like 'Save Yourself' from MSG or 'Tinnitus Sanctus' from Edguy? I think they're pretty close to the two you mentioned and are about the only two good albums from both bands. 'Space Police - Defenders Of The Crown' from Edguy is okay too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Geoff said:

You don't like 'Save Yourself' from MSG or 'Tinnitus Sanctus' from Edguy? I think they're pretty close to the two you mentioned and are about the only two good albums from both bands. 'Space Police - Defenders Of The Crown' from Edguy is okay too. 

TS is weak imo. 

that is McCauley schenker which I deem a different group 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Glen said:

TS is weak imo. 

that is McCauley schenker which I deem a different group 

Oh, how technical, regarding MSG. ;) I thought those two were both McCauley/Schenker, aren't they? 

Anyway, I always thought the same about 'TS' but I've actually rated it above 'Rocket Ride.' I know 'RR' had the best songs they've recorded, and I can only assume there were also a few clunkers too, whereas 'TS' was pretty solid throughout... even if the highs were not as high. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Geoff said:

Oh, how technical, regarding MSG. ;) I thought those two were both McCauley/Schenker, aren't they? 

Anyway, I always thought the same about 'TS' but I've actually rated it above 'Rocket Ride.' I know 'RR' had the best songs they've recorded, and I can only assume there were also a few clunkers too, whereas 'TS' was pretty solid throughout... even if the highs were not as high. 

I didn't like it at all. 

the s/t is from 81 ish. classic line up

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Edguy's "Hellfire Club" is my favorite from them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Glen said:

I didn't like it at all. 

the s/t is from 81 ish. classic line up

Oh, how we have crossed our wires. I thought you meant this one;

 

image.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Posts

    • Heh. I'm glad it's not just me. Usually once each Christmastime. 
    • Bonfire had dropped off my radar the past decade (someone mentioned an album a year!!!).   This samples I've heard on the forth coming album have drawn my attention once again and hopefully, this is a refreshing new face for the band's music.    Definitely going to grab a copy of the new one  
    • For sure Tim was one of the best and most gentle soul I ever encountered while collecting music.  Loved all the interactions we had over the years, and yes, he certainly was knowledgable as T-Bone pointed out.   Did a number of trades with Tim and of course, when I was active selling on E Bay, he bought CDs from me and discussed many of the titles I was selling.  Just another good person that I enjoyed.
    • these guys show that you can still make an enjoyable song with generic, borderline cheesy lyrics if the other elements are there
    • Wow....thanks for sharing Tony.   Tim was definitely one of the great guys....I can remember when I was active selling on E Bay, Tim would always be talking to me about different titles and, of course, we traded many times as well    I always had Tim pictured as a very gentle soul.....So sorry to hear of his passing from this awful virus in the world....
    • I am one of those who prefer their style on Knock You Down and Sultans over the direction they've gone in with the last few albums.  I thought the initial promo tracks for this one sounded solid so I gave the album a spin.  Not bad, but at the end of the day none of the tracks really grabbed me like those earlier releases.   
    • I liked the first two promo tracks for the new album, but this one not so much.  And as Geoff mentioned, the video clip itself is pretty bad
    • I don't have one favorite film but there are a few that I rewatch on a regular basis.... Die Hard (first 3 flicks) Pirates of the Caribbean (all of them) Home Alone (first 2) Predator Those are the ones that immediately come to mind but there are others....
    • Canada still hasn't hit the apex yet, although they are saying we should hit it over the next few weeks... I expect we will be staying at home for another 6 months at least...I think we will be dealing with this virus until there is a working Vaccine in place which will be until at least Spring 2021 maybe even Summer 2021...a lot of numbers are being thrown around where we could have as many as 25000 deaths before it is done.....we still aren't testing enough to get a real understanding of the spread.....the economy will truly be screwed for years to come...one good thing to come out of this is that Canada will not have to depend on other countries for health care equipment after this virus as we will make sure that we make our own equipment instead of outsourcing it... latest numbers.... Total: 12,954 (18 presumptive, 12,936 confirmed including 214 deaths, 2,502 resolved)
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.