Jump to content
PetraGirl86

Fascinating songs

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, PetraGirl86 said:

Windows- Whitecross 

B

That is probably musically and melody-wise my favourite Whitecross song... just can't cop those lyrics. :( 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Geoff said:

That is probably musically and melody-wise my favourite Whitecross song... just can't cop those lyrics. :( 

It's just too bad, ain't it :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/23/2019 at 1:05 AM, PetraGirl86 said:

Not really but ok 

ok

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We actually go forward, not fall back. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another thought provoking masterpiece from Queensryche. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/24/2019 at 8:08 PM, Darkstone said:

That's a very good point mate. So, it's a punctuation thing. Nice one. I don't have a physical copy of the album. We need to see the official lyrics in written form. If what you say is true, then I may be able to listen to this version again without cringing, which makes me happy, because it is one of the great  covers. Thanks mate.

Heard this today and clever word play or not, it still irks me. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"The Logical Song" by Supertramp is another thought provoking song. This is a great clip about it's origins. Towards the end Roger Hodgson does a very small piano medley of Supertramp tracks.  They really were a great band with very memorable hits. Always were and still are very radio friendly. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/5/2019 at 3:27 AM, PetraGirl86 said:

Yeah and I'll give you three more- 

It Doesn't Work

I'll give you 3 words.

Load of bollocks- and that's to both. The big Bang theory and God.

I could come up with a more plausible theory than the big bang and I know bugger all about science. 

And as for there being a God of whatever description (and there are hundreds which is a bit of a giveaway isn't it ;) ) that is just fear raising it's head. Yes humankinds fear of its own mortality. And yes it is bloody scary and as we get older lucid thoughts about death manifest themselves more and more.

But my advice people - enjoy your time on earth and make sure you get done what you want to do cos you don't want to be lying on that death bed going 'if only......'

Cos when you're gone your gone.

Now I gotta go think of a meaning song ;)

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Glen said:

I'll give you 3 words.

Load of bollocks- and that's to both. The big Bang theory and God.

I could come up with a more plausible theory than the big bang and I know bugger all about science. 

And as for there being a God of whatever description (and there are hundreds which is a bit of a giveaway isn't it ;) ) that is just fear raising it's head. Yes humankinds fear of its own mortality. And yes it is bloody scary and as we get older lucid thoughts about death manifest themselves more and more.

But my advice people - enjoy your time on earth and make sure you get done what you want to do cos you don't want to be lying on that death bed going 'if only......'

Cos when you're gone your gone.

Now I gotta go think of a meaning song ;)

 

You could turn that into a song and then put your own song in this thread. ;)

I'd love to hear your "more plausible theory than the big bang" - purely out of curiosity. I admit I don't know what to make of any of it; don't get me wrong. Obviously the God thing's silly, and who knows about the big bang?

I think it's entirely plausible and honest just to admit we don't know. We never will. It's just one of those things. We can make a million guesses and speculate, but there's no possible way we will ever know with 100% certainty. We can't. Not possible. 

So, like you say, forget that rubbish and enjoy your tangible life for what it is. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Geoff said:

You could turn that into a song and then put your own song in this thread. ;)

I'd love to hear your "more plausible theory than the big bang" - purely out of curiosity. I admit I don't know what to make of any of it; don't get me wrong. Obviously the God thing's silly, and who knows about the big bang?

I think it's entirely plausible and honest just to admit we don't know. We never will. It's just one of those things. We can make a million guesses and speculate, but there's no possible way we will ever know with 100% certainty. We can't. Not possible. 

So, like you say, forget that rubbish and enjoy your tangible life for what it is. :)

when you're gone you're gone.

great title for a song lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why would you bring that up out of this thread? I've already caused enough trouble as it is. I'm keeping out. I don't know science and I'm still thinking Geoff's message through so I can answer him. You guys have yourself a jolly little argument or agree on whatever you like I'm outta this one. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PetraGirl86 said:

Why would you bring that up out of this thread? I've already caused enough trouble as it is. I'm keeping out. I don't know science and I'm still thinking Geoff's message through so I can answer him. You guys have yourself a jolly little argument or agree on whatever you like I'm outta this one. 

no reason. just my 2 cents.

I'll post a meaningful song soon ;)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ok here we go. There was no more profound message in 2019 than this. Not only is it a great song but carries a great message and ties in nicely with what I said earlier. Time is limited guys, enjoy every second, do as much as you can, tell loved ones you care and above all have no regrets

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not buying it, I have a faith and I'm gonna keep it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/24/2020 at 10:46 AM, PetraGirl86 said:

I'm not buying it, I have a faith and I'm gonna keep it. 

gordon ramsay cooking GIF by Hell's Kitchen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Black Sabbath's "God Is Dead" has fascinating lyrics.

"Out of the gloom I rise up from my tomb into impending doom"

Edited by AlphaMale

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, AlphaMale said:

gordon ramsay cooking GIF by Hell's Kitchen

That's not unusual, lately lots of people been doin that. All the more reason to stand firm! 

Edited by PetraGirl86

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like this one.
Particularly 
"to the dreams that have shatterd, colliding with fate, and to the good we discarded whike searching for great"
and
"we're so suck on the missing, we're missing the rest"

It's cool to hear some poinant music, rather than the usual tits and ass sometimes (no that there's anything wrong with the T&A)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, CureTheSane said:

It's cool to hear some poinant music, rather than the usual tits and ass sometimes (no that there's anything wrong with the T&A)

Or in Geoff's case D&B (dick and balls)! :whistle::tumbsup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/24/2020 at 1:48 AM, Glen said:

I'll give you 3 words.

Load of bollocks- and that's to both. The big Bang theory and God.

I could come up with a more plausible theory than the big bang and I know bugger all about science. 

And as for there being a God of whatever description (and there are hundreds which is a bit of a giveaway isn't it ;) ) that is just fear raising it's head. Yes humankinds fear of its own mortality. And yes it is bloody scary and as we get older lucid thoughts about death manifest themselves more and more.

But my advice people - enjoy your time on earth and make sure you get done what you want to do cos you don't want to be lying on that death bed going 'if only......'

Cos when you're gone your gone.

Now I gotta go think of a meaning song ;)

 

You know Glenn, I really don't think that's what it is at all, I think humans can't handle not knowing, and god and religion are there to fill the vacuum, a bunch of guys wrote a book, and millions of people subscribe to it, I also think it gives people an excuse for being lazy, they don't have to do anything now, they'll do it in the next life, or it gives people a scapegoat for not living up to their potential, like I didn't get a certain job, so it must not have been meant to be, if god wanted it to happen he would've made it happen, that's how I see it anyways. Lot of shit you can get away with by blaming it on God actions, think about it, it's the perfect out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/20/2020 at 8:32 PM, AlphaMale said:

Or in Geoff's case D&B (dick and balls)! :whistle::tumbsup:

HUGE!!! DICKS AND GIGANTIC BALLS, and wrists of limp, many pillows being bitten, and loads and loads of? Fun being had.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I find these lyrics to be absolutely fascinating!!

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Leykis101 said:

You know Glenn, I really don't think that's what it is at all, I think humans can't handle not knowing, and god and religion are there to fill the vacuum, a bunch of guys wrote a book, and millions of people subscribe to it, I also think it gives people an excuse for being lazy, they don't have to do anything now, they'll do it in the next life, or it gives people a scapegoat for not living up to their potential, like I didn't get a certain job, so it must not have been meant to be, if god wanted it to happen he would've made it happen, that's how I see it anyways. Lot of shit you can get away with by blaming it on God actions, think about it, it's the perfect out.

I would say no it's not at all how it is, Cause it isn't at all. But if I tried to explain at all I'd get the gun up to my head and right now I can't afford to lose my account. Maybe someday they'll shoot but not right now. Please leave it alone, please. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, PetraGirl86 said:

I would say no it's not at all how it is, Cause it isn't at all. But if I tried to explain at all I'd get the gun up to my head and right now I can't afford to lose my account. Maybe someday they'll shoot but not right now. Please leave it alone, please. 

you believe what you want to believe....it's all good. :)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Glen said:

you believe what you want to believe.... I must go where my soul wants to lead..... I'm entranced by the land of romance..... and a love that's still waiting......

When I feel my love burning..... deep inside my heart...... I hear Paris Calling...... every time.

 

Great song mate! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.