Mötley Crüe, Def Leppard, Poison Set 2020 Stadium Tour

horrormetaldepot

Haha, what a joke. However, if this somehow made it to Australian shores I would change my pants due to the introduction of an unspecified jism-like presence that had suddenly appeared.

Back in the day, didn't the likes of Def Leppard and Motley Crue hate the likes of Poison? 

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Glen said:

jeez 3 washed up past it acts fleecing loyal fans no doubt.

I agree, back in the 80's or 90's this would have been a must see for many of us, but unfortunately now their live shows (especially the vocals) fall well short of our memories of the guys in their prime.  While I am not surprised the Crue didn't stick to their guns, especially considering the money, as Peter said, it is a bit of a slap in the face to fans who spent money believing it was truly their last opportunity to see them

1 minute ago, PeterS said:

I didn't see the show but all my friends who went to see Leppard this year said they were still good. Unlike Bon Jovi who headlined and were dreadful.

I do feel like Leppard is still sounding great and putting on excellent shows.  The only problem is how uninspired their setlists are outside of their Vegas shows.  It's tough getting excited about a 15 song setlist that will be 13 of the same songs they play on every tour.

As for Crue, I saw them on their last tour and they were downright horrible.  It's a shame as I was a big fan of them back in the day and they always put on fantastic shows.  These days though, Vince holds the mic to the crowd for the crowd to sing every other line while Mick Mars looks like a hologram statue off to the side.  It's pretty painful to watch outside of the girl dancers.

As for Poison, they're still pretty good but again the setlist is boring as can be and they'll play the same 8 songs with CC's guitar solo and Rikki's drum solos.  Their act never changes and we know they don't have any new songs to bring to the table.

15 years ago this would've been a great bill but I have little desire to see this now.  I'd rather take that money and travel to see new bands that are making good new music.  And that's coming from a big Leppard fan lol.

8 hours ago, Geoff said:

Haha, what a joke. However, if this somehow made it to Australian shores I would change my pants due to the introduction of an unspecified jism-like presence that had suddenly appeared.

Back in the day, didn't the likes of Def Leppard and Motley Crue hate the likes of Poison? 

Yeah they did, probably because Poison reminded them of what they really were especially Motley, This is why I always liked the heavier bands like Maiden, Priest, Savatage etc just more integrity 

19 hours ago, tts42572 said:

I do feel like Leppard is still sounding great and putting on excellent shows.  The only problem is how uninspired their setlists are outside of their Vegas shows.  It's tough getting excited about a 15 song setlist that will be 13 of the same songs they play on every tour.

As for Crue, I saw them on their last tour and they were downright horrible.  It's a shame as I was a big fan of them back in the day and they always put on fantastic shows.  These days though, Vince holds the mic to the crowd for the crowd to sing every other line while Mick Mars looks like a hologram statue off to the side.  It's pretty painful to watch outside of the girl dancers.

As for Poison, they're still pretty good but again the setlist is boring as can be and they'll play the same 8 songs with CC's guitar solo and Rikki's drum solos.  Their act never changes and we know they don't have any new songs to bring to the table.

15 years ago this would've been a great bill but I have little desire to see this now.  I'd rather take that money and travel to see new bands that are making good new music.  And that's coming from a big Leppard fan lol.

I've never seen Def Leppard or Poison, so their set lists would still be fresh to me. ;) Poison only play 8 songs, though? That's soft. I have friends who have seen Def Leppard on recent visits to Australia and they also said they were still very good. 

Anyway, I don't for a second think this'll make it to Aussie shores. 

I have seen Motley Crue a few years back (possibly on one of their last ever Aussie shows - one of them...). I enjoyed it 'cause I had great seats and I just loved seeing them, but Vince's every 10th word left a little to be desired. 

9 hours ago, GeorgeRendon said:

I know, I know. We all know the answer but still I have to ask: So what happened to the "Cessation of Touring Contract" by the Crue?

Blew it up..apparently :popcorn:

Edited by lettard

On 11/19/2019 at 7:26 PM, Geoff said:

Motley (I think Nikki) said that they would never be seen out with Poison. Somethinga bout not being classed as a pussy hair band.

This was always set up to potentially be a big publicity stunt with the contract being broken due to 'demand'
Nikki is claiming taht they have a tonne of new fans after the movie who deserve to get the opportunity to see them.
Sad that they'd end up having to endure Vince's vocals.

I saw Def Lep a coupld of years ago, and was lucky enough to have seats upgraded for some reason.
First time seeing them. Great show, sounded great.

Haven't seen Poison since before Native Tongue.
I have some awesome photos of that gig though with my old SLR and a 300mm zoom lens.
Not sure I'd be too interested in seeing all three bands.

Actually don't want to see Motley again
Saw Def Lep recently, and Poisons set would be short.

I'd be happy to pay and see a full Poison show though.

• My Little Pony
13 hours ago, GeorgeRendon said:

I know, I know. We all know the answer but still I have to ask: So what happened to the "Cessation of Touring Contract" by the Crue?

It never existed. 

I somehow doubt that even if it is true that it will never go outside of the USA seeing as Poison (well Bret) seems to either  think the rest of the world does not exist or his bandana will explode if he leaves the USA.

That said, I would go in a heartbeat.

I have seen Motley several times since 2005 and saw them on the final tour as well, I loved them everytime.

Lepp always put on a great show, although last time I saw them was with Crue and Steel Panther, and their set just paled in comparison as far as showmanship goes.

Poison I have only ever seen once back in 1993 on the Seven days live tour with Kotzen on guitar, so would kill to actually see the band with CC on guitar. As long as it is a greatest hits package, thats all I care about.

Overall, anyone who feels "ripped off" by Crue un-retiring is deluding themselves as god knows how many bands and artists have retired from touring, only to return. Kiss, Ozzy, Thunder (twice), Bowling For Soup (said no more UK tours and they are coming back to tour for the second time since they retired from UK touring) & even Whitesnake back in the 1990s.

Anyone who does not like them or feels they are no longer relevant really need to pull their necks in and let those who do actually want to go see them just enjoy them. I mean, its not like anyone is forced to go see them.

On 11/23/2019 at 8:35 AM, Captain Howdy said:

Poison I have only ever seen once back in 1993 on the Seven days live tour with Kotzen on guitar, so would kill to actually see the band with CC on guitar. As long as it is a greatest hits package, thats all I care about.

Overall, anyone who feels "ripped off" by Crue un-retiring is deluding themselves as god knows how many bands and artists have retired from touring, only to return. Kiss, Ozzy, Thunder (twice), Bowling For Soup (said no more UK tours and they are coming back to tour for the second time since they retired from UK touring) & even Whitesnake back in the 1990s.

Anyone who does not like them or feels they are no longer relevant really need to pull their necks in and let those who do actually want to go see them just enjoy them. I mean, its not like anyone is forced to go see them.

I Saw Poison with CC, before Richie. I'd live to see Richie play with them, but it sucks to be me I guess.

Re: Crue.
Everyone has a different opinion on them.
Personally, I find it hard to listen to Vince in concert, and have no interest in seeing that.

As for the un-retirement thing, I don't have an issue with a band changing their minds and coming back. If there is a market, go for it. Make your money, have your fun.
The issue I have is all the gullible fans who were tricked in to seeing the final tour thinking this was their last chance.
I bet many paid meet and greet based on that.
I bet many paid for very expensive seats that they normally wouldn't have tried to afford.
Some probably paid a lot to travel to see a show, thinking it would be their last chance.

I believe (and have since they dragged out the 'contract') that it was all a big scam.

These are just my thoughts, and in the end I guess I really don't give too much of a shit.
I will choose not to see them, and for those who got scammed, I guess buyer beware and all that.

I saw Crüe on the last tour and I don't feel scammed at all. I travelled (albeit not as far as others) to see them and it was amazing. I'd understand if they had gone on tour the year right after the ''farewell'' tour, but this is 5 years later we're talking about.

To be honest I had serious doubts about them getting back, as much as they love money there were two factors I thought would make another tour really difficult and therefore unlikely: Vince's state and Mick's health

Now granted, Vince has been performing recently although he's in the worst shape he's ever been so I guess this will just continue into next year :D but happy to see that Mick is fine to play

Fortunately I have seen them all in their heyday:

Motley opening for Ozzy supporting Shout At The Devil (or as Vince would have you believe, "Wow at the devil", then again on the Theatre of Pain, Girls, Girls, Girls and even Feelgood.

Def Leppard, twice on the Hysteria tour when they did those "concerts in the round", Tesla opened the first go and then LA Guns.

and Poison opened for Ratt supporting Look What the Cat Dragged In and then again on their Open Up and Say Ahh with Tesla opening this one.

I'd see them all again but it would have to be on the cheap. For what they'd be asking for this tour I'd wager I saw them all multiple times for less back in the day and from what your all saying it sounds like they are phoning it in with lackluster set lists and run times.

If they did it right Lep would take Pete Willis out and Motley would bring along Corabi and that would be a fitting send of to all of their lustrous careers.

• My Little Pony
3 hours ago, martinsane said:

and Motley would bring along Corabi and that would be a fitting send of to all of their lustrous careers.

I'd pay to see that!