Frank Vestry - My Collection

Stefan

77208377_2613144722086211_63615625364242

From Lions Pride Music:

Upcoming details of our first release for 2020!
Album: Frank Vestry - My Collection
Release Date: 30 March 2020
Label: Lions Pride Music
Cat. Number: LPM070

Frank Vestry added:
"Without a doubt, this will be my best album to date and the one that I am most proud of. The music is comprised of so many different elements that there is something for every musical taste. These songs are some of my favorites, chosen especially for the melodic rockers. In addition, the album contains previously unreleased material as well as songs that are no longer available in print, but have been requested over the few years.

The ‘12’ songs from “My Collection” span 3 different decades of my musical career. During that time, I’ve had the privilege and pleasure of working with some of the best-known guitarists and some of the finest musicians I’ve ever known. I hope you enjoy their talents as much as I do as you listen to these selections that will hopefully be a winner for everyone. . Featuring music from Marcello / Vestry, Last Temptation, Laneslide, Devias, Burning Starr and more.

I am so happy to finally be able to release this music and I hope that you like it.

Here’s to a rocking 2020 and enjoying every minute of it!"

Tracklist: 
1. Without You (Marcello / Vestry)
2. Understand (Laneslide)
3. Break It (Last Tempation)
4. Gone (Marcello / Vestry)
5. Dancing Girls (Laneslide)
6. Without Love (Last Temptation)
7. When You Grow Up (Marcello / Vestry)
8. Starcrossed (The Pack)
9. Desperate (Devias)
10. One More Night (Marcello / Vestry)
11. In Your Arms Again (Burning Starr)
12. Last Night (Ravel / Vestry)

Featured musicians:
Rob Marcello, Bruno Ravel, Jon Levin, Greg Smith, Charlie Ambrosia, Arnie Miot, Steve Hervatic, Allan Gabay, Steve Murphy, BJ Zampa, Rob DeMartino, Bruno Kraler, Alessandro Del Vecchio, Dominik Hulshort, John Billings, Lino Gonzalez, Erik Martensson, Michael Bormann, Mike Pont, Ross “The Boss” Friedman, Rich Fazio, Ronnie Giordano, Larry Sacchetillo, Jack Starr, John Rodriguez and Tony Galtieri.

Edited by Stefan

2 hours ago, Geoff said:

So what's this... a best of type thing? All songs previously released? 

Best of type thingie.

The Pack's Starcrossed seems to be previously unreleased.

The song 'When You Grow Up' was on Lions Pride's compilation album 'Elements of Frictions' (2014): https://www.discogs.com/Various-Elements-Of-Frictions/release/9602661

And the track by Devias:

Devias, was a four-piece hot rock combo and one of the best bands coming Long Island formed in 1985. The band featuring bassist Greg Smith, (ex-Wendy 0. Williams) with a neat line in happy harmonies, Van Halenesque guitars and superb anthemic songs, good vocals too from Frank Vestry (ex-Jack Starr’s Burning Starr). With an extremely well recorded four- track demo to their name. 

https://www.discogs.com/Various-Foundations-Forum-88-Los-Angeles-September-29-October-1/release/6098507

The rest of them were released on albums.

Edited by Stefan
  • Thanks 1

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

DEVIAS in my opinion was the best of the best from that era, how they did not become a huge act is a mystery to me… I was fortunate have a copy of their demo and went to see them at L’Amour in Brooklyn… incredible performance by Frank, Greg, Jon and Charlie. To this day from time to time I still play that demo, my favorite song on it is THIS TIME… 

Johnny