CureTheSane

Tell Me Your Big 4

Has this been done? Oh, well if iy has, we can do it again.

The big 4 re pretty thrashy if you ask me, I'm more interested in what would you consider to be a HArd Rock Big 4

For me, probably
Kiss
Def Leppard
Van Hagar
Twisted Sister

Edited by CureTheSane

Why are there only three in your list?

I'm not sure I understand this thread. Can you explain a bit more? The four biggest, most influential, innovative and prolific bands, in our opinion? 

haha,  accidentally posted early while I was still thinking about the 4th

No real rules, I guess who you'd condiser to be the 4 big time bands you'd want to see together.

Can be newer bands, more traditional bands, whatever.

Just get sick of hearing about the big 4 metal bands that don't represent me or my music in any way.

Def Leppard

AC/DC

Kiss

Guns n Roses

Only seen Def Leppard live and the rest are bands I'd like to get the chance to see before it's too late. They played a big part in making hard rock so great.

Edited by Mafisen

In my musical tastes over the past 30 years my big 4 are

Dream Theatre

Van Halen

Harem Scarem

Danger Danger and side projects

Gotthard

Harem Scarem

Crazy Lixx

Dokken

most listened to.....

classic era :

Journey

Marillion (Fish albums)

Harem Scarem

Night Ranger

modern era :

HEAT

Night Flight Orchestra

Eclipse

Vega

Degreed

Crazy Lixx

(ok that was 6 lol) 

oh and Work of Art.

That's 7. ;)

Led Zeppelin

AC/DC

Alice Cooper

Angel

I love how there is such diversity, what I was hoping for.

Motley Crue

Poison

Guns N Roses

Cinderella

Def Leppard

Motley Crue

Aerosmith

Whitesnake

IF I was going to choose a wish list big 4 of bands that I would want to see live together (or at all for that matter) it would be:

Spread Eagle

Warrior Soul

Junkyard

Pantera

I'd toss in Teeze/Roughouse, Kix, Saxon and Heavy Pettin' for an all day sucker.

Dokken 

Van Hagar

Y&T

Tesla 

That 4th spot could change almost hourly (Stryper, Def Leppard, Great White, and Brother  Firetribe were all considered)  but that top 3 is concrete!  :banger:

Aerosmith and Y&T are great shouts. 

Y&T is in my top 5 favourite bands of all time. I didn't include them in my list as I went for the behemoths of the golden era. 

Whitesnake is also of the greats, but I omitted them because I saw them live this past summer.

If I go to "smaller" bands who made the scene what it was and that I'd give an arm to see, I would love to get to an Axe concert. 

I'm so dumb... I still don't really get the thread. The bands that are big in my world that I would most love to see in their original form;

Cauterize

Danger Danger

Waltham (playing USA!USA!USA! songs in their set)

Fate

But the four "popular" bands I'd love to see;

Danger Danger

Poison

Harem Scarem

Fate 

Don;t think I've ever heard of Fate

52 minutes ago, CureTheSane said:

You should. Check out 'Scratch N' Stiff' tomorrow. ;) I'd be amazed if you can't dig it. 

3 hours ago, CureTheSane said:

Which stone do you live under? ;)

Probably Dokken, Queensryche, Skid Row and Van Hagar. All band members are still alive, so it is technically possible.

On 11/11/2019 at 12:27 PM, Geoff said:

You should. Check out 'Scratch N' Stiff' tomorrow. ;) I'd be amazed if you can't dig it. 

Scratch n Sniff is a fantastic album. 

On 11/11/2019 at 7:24 PM, Darkstone said:

Probably Dokken, Queensryche, Skid Row and Van Hagar. All band members are still alive, so it is technically possible.

Is Don Dokkens voice still alive though?

Iron Maiden

Judas Priest

Megadeth

King Diamond

Mine are all old-school (Old's Kool) from my grade school days through my teens.  These are the bands that far and away I played the most and or had the most influence.  Difficult to narrow it down to four.  This is chronological for me.

KISS

SCORPIONS

DEF LEPPARD

BON JOVI

Edit... I really need to get Motley Crue in there.  KISS was so influential to me from 1978 - 1984... but Motley took things to a new level.  Man, I need that 5th. band!

Edited by gener8tr

Classic era

Survivor (Jamison)

Treat

Harem Scarem

House of Lords

Modern era

Work of Art

Vega

The Defiants

Find Me

• Like 1