Arctic Rain - The One

Stefan

1 hour ago, tts42572 said:

They must've done some joggling of the order of this release somewhere late in the process between when maybe promo copies were sent out and CD's were pressed.  I've got a digital download that has a completely different order than my actual CD.

The running order on my digital download has Breakout, Free My Mind, Friends, Give Me all Your Love, Lift Me Up, Lost, Love Of My Life, The One, Madeline, Night After Night, Take Me To Your Heart.

And my CD has Love Of My Life, Lost, Friends, Night After Night, Free My Mind, Give Me All Your Love, Lift Me Up, The One, Breakout, Madeline, Take Me To Your Heart.

At the end of the day, I guess it doesn't matter much.  Either way, digging the CD :guitbannana:

That is odd that they have the two different track orders.  The digital download version is how it is set up on Spotify.  I prefer the order of the digital download, but as you said, really good album either way.  And nowadays most people will just add their favorite tracks to playlists in a random order anyway.

Edited by Crazysam

Don't know how the hell you guys are hearing HEAT, lol, but I hadn't even seen this thread and this album just took me by surprise. The first song was pretty weak and I thought it'd just be a plodding album, but then it took off. Great stuff. Really pleasant surprise and one of the better albums I've heard this year for sure. 

Just sounds nothing like HEAT. ;)

Edited by Geoff

5 hours ago, Geoff said:

Don't know how the hell you guys are hearing HEAT, lol, but I hadn't even seen this thread and this albums just took me by surprise. The first song was pretty weak and I thought it'd just be a plodding album and then it took off. Great stuff. Really pleasant surprise and one of the better albums I've heard this year for sure. 

Just sounds nothing like HEAT. ;)

The only comparison to H.E.A.T I can see is sort of in the style of music in that it's kinda 80's inspired melodic rock.   I know that's a pretty general statement lol.  I get some tiny feelings of the early H.E.A.T albums a little from this but agree H.E.A.T isn't a great comparison.  

I think for me that One Desire is the comparison that mostly keeps jumping in my head.  Parts of W.e.t's debut album is another that this keeps reminding me of for some reason.

Either way, excellent release :headbanger:

13 hours ago, tts42572 said:

The only comparison to H.E.A.T I can see is sort of in the style of music in that it's kinda 80's inspired melodic rock.   I know that's a pretty general statement lol.  I get some tiny feelings of the early H.E.A.T albums a little from this but agree H.E.A.T isn't a great comparison.  

I think for me that One Desire is the comparison that mostly keeps jumping in my head.  Parts of W.e.t's debut album is another that this keeps reminding me of for some reason.

Either way, excellent release :headbanger:

I really can't put my finger on it, but I get a LaValle feel here and there, but this is a great alum for me.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/29/2020 at 9:22 PM, Stefan said:

New song 'Lost'.

From Frontiers:

Arctic Rain, a new Swedish melodic rock band featuring Pete Alpenborg, Magnus Berglund, Tobias Jonsson, Gert Daun, and Jonas Jönsson, have announced that their debut album, "The One" will be released via Frontiers Music Srl on August 7, 2020. The band has also released the first taste of music from the album with the single and music video, 'Lost'. 

Arctic Rain is, quite simply, a new melodic rock sensation from Sweden. The band is a result of the collaboration between songwriter/keyboardist Pete Alpenborg, guitarist Magnus Berglund, and singer Tobias Jonsson. Later on, bassist Gert Daun and drummer Jonas Jönsson joined forces with Arctic Rain for the recording of their upcoming debut album, ‘The One’. The aim for the band was to write songs with strong melodic rock vibes based around the type of tasteful instrumental harmonies typical for a lot of bands in the '80s and '90s. A revival of sorts, but with a modern touch, both melodically and for the overall sound.

"With influences like Whitesnake, Mr Big, Foreigner, Talisman, Def Leppard, TOTO, Treat, Dokken, White Lion, Journey, and so many other great bands, we believe the result of our album is somewhat a distillation of our combined interpretation of that era of music,” says guitarist Magnus Beglund. "In late 2018, a demo recording was made and sent out to a number of record labels, and the response was very promising and we ended up signing with the label that was on top of our list!"

While the core of Arctic Rain is undoubtedly Pete’s songwriting - he has an impressive track record of working with reputable acts such as Revolution Saints, House Of Lords, Issa, All 41, Toby Hitchcock, Sunstorm, Kee Of Hearts, and many more - Magnus' tasteful guitar playing and Tobias’ amazing voice create an outstanding final product, which shows once again why Sweden is the golden land of melodic rock.

101552394_3189034207800973_6354177881324

Tracklisting:
1. Love Of My Life
2. Lost
3. Friends
4. Night After Night
5. Free My Mind
6. Give Me All Of Your Love
7. Lift Me Up
8. The One
9. Breakout
10. Madeleine
11. Take Me To Your Heart

Just saw this thread. He sounds like Marc Storace at times.
Sounds great.

Really enjoying this one. Gets better with each listen. Brilliant debut album. Some killer guitar work throughout too. 

Be waiting a while for this, but looking forward to hearing how these guys sound live. 

• 1 month later...

This is probably the album of the year for me so far.
Really ressly digging it.
Possibly the most 80's vibing album I've heard in a long time, but mordern enough not to sound like it was made in the 80's

I had a ten album playlist from 2020 running last weekend and this album was included.

I'll admit that I haven't played this much but each song that come up really stood out.

very strong release for 2020

22 hours ago, tts42572 said:

Agree.  For my tastes its not been a great year but this one definitely is a stand out.

I actually think it has been a pretty good year(for my taste (anyway).
great albums from
H.E.A.T
TMF
Harem Scarem
Stardust
Shakra
Perfect Plan
Artic Rain
Black Swan
Brother Firetribe
Collateral
Passion
Confess
Devicious
Grand Deign
GOK
Hell In The Club
HOL
Khymera
Rev. Saints
Steelcity
Vega

with albums still to come from
JSS
Wildness

• Like 1

I agree with The Rocker,although in most eyes this year hasnt been great...when you look through that list it stands up pretty well,a few in there that im not keen on but more that I am...added to the NFO album,One Desire,Smash Into Pieces and Catalano releases...plus that East Temple Avenue cd on the way...then you've pretty much included my top 10 already.

Edited by lettard

4 hours ago, lettard said:

I agree with The Rocker,although in most eyes this year hasnt been great...when you look through that list it stands up pretty well,a few in there that im not keen on but more that I am...added to the NFO album,One Desire,Smash Into Pieces and Catalano releases...plus that East Temple Avenue and the new BFH cd on their way...then you've pretty much included my top 10 already.

Yes, forgot the One Desire!, and Catalano

my playlist was a bit bigger than I thought - was 16 albums

HEAT*

Harem

Brother Firetribe*

One Desire

TMF

Vega

Arctic Rain

Platforms*

Rev Saints

NFO*