Arctic Rain - The One

Stefan

2 hours ago, Glen said:

anyone notice the track listing order is completely different on Amazon 

It is on iTunes too Glen - at least it’s different to the one Frontiers posted. They have it opening with Love Of My Life but on media platforms it seems to be Breakout..

• 4 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, zacharyamelie said:

Despite the cheesy lyrics it's a solid track...nice guitar work.

My thought too.  Not a bad tune but after hearing samples, there are definitely many better ones on the album.

Agree...guitar work is what makes this one.

Still think ill enjoy this album.

am I listening to the same song?

Sounds light years ahead of most of the garbage I've had to endure so far this year.

I agree however that there is definitely more awesomeness on the album. Samples sound amazing 

• Like 1

• My Little Pony
32 minutes ago, Glen said:

Sounds light years ahead of most of the garbage I've had to endure so far this year.

I agree however that there is definitely more awesomeness on the album. Samples sound amazing 

Well, I think we're likening to the same tune, 'cause I like it. 

On 6/26/2020 at 3:00 PM, Glen said:

Truth on that second sentence!

I have to say that after repeated listens this tune is really growing on me.  

In listening to the samples also, it sounds like this tune and maybe Free My Mind are the closest things to ballads on the album....And they're closer to more mid-tempoish songs IMO.  Not that I have anything against ballads but kinda nice sometimes having an album without any.

Already know I'm going to dig this album after these 2 tunes and the samples.

• 4 weeks later...

Got  a real nice surprise when I arrived home from work today...this turned up in the post...its brilliant,a couple of spins through and it just sounds so good,production is solid,songs also...well pleased with this...it will get many many spins this weekend for sure...to form a more informative opinion :)

18 minutes ago, lettard said:

Got  a real nice surprise when I arrived home from work today...this turned up in the post...its brilliant,a couple of spins through and it just sounds so good,production is solid,songs also...well pleased with this...it will get many many spins this weekend for sure...to form a more informative opinion :)

Nice surprise!  My Amazon order is showing arrival 8/11-8/26 so no telling when it'll show up for me.  I'd change it but I used reward points so getting it for nothing....So guess I'll deal.

Looking forward to this one though and hopefully will get to listen to it soon online or something.

Maybe it's just me, but so much that is coming out all falls into the same mold....everything sounds like everything recently released......I will have to listen to this one quite a few times to see if it grows on me, but, it sounds like a dozen other bands rehashed.  

• My Little Pony
5 hours ago, lettard said:

I'm liking it,really enjoying tracks like "Lift Me Up" & " The One"  :)

Do you have your copy early? 

On 8/4/2020 at 5:30 PM, lettard said:

I'm liking it,really enjoying tracks like "Lift Me Up" & " The One"  :)

Listened to this....Digging it.  And agree....I'd say my top 3 songs in some order would be Lost, Lift Me Up and The One.

For me, this is an album that picks up steam as it goes.  It starts out with 2-3 pretty good tunes but then really picks up steam in the middle.

What stands out here to me is the guitar work, keys and overall musicianship.....Just sounds great and is just excellent guitar driven, melodic rock.

Not sure who it reminds me of...Maybe some combination of Treat, One Desire, H..E.A.T, Midnite City type stuff.  Also kinda reminds me some of the W.e.t debut album style-wise for some reason.  

Easily among my favorites this year.  

Edited by tts42572

On ‎8‎/‎5‎/‎2020 at 3:46 AM, KarpetRydOFunk said:

Do you have your copy early? 

Yeah mine arrived last Friday(31st July) dunno why, was a surprise to me because im usually a few days later than the release when it comes to preordered cds...but a nice surprise for a change  :)

This release is massive! Easily my favourite debut since One Desire in 2017. Everything from the songs, vocals of all sorts, guitars, drums, tasty keys and production are all ear candy to me. 
 The only “weakness” might be the lyrical content, but I really don’t care. 
They could have added an extra minute to “Lift Me Up” so awesome! Can’t unhear Winger’s “Madelaine” when hearing their “Madeleine”...that’s not a bad thing. 

Edited by zacharyamelie
  • Like 1

This is a nice debut, and something the band can hopefully build on.  They seem to have all the pieces in place, but at times the songs sound a bit generic, borrowing a bit too heavily from other artists.  I listened to this on Spotify which seems to have a different track order than I've seen elsewhere.  The opener 'Breakout', which sounds a bit like a Talisman b-side, and 'Madeleine' are probably the only tracks that failed to grab me. Tracks 2 thru 4 are all solid.  But things really pick up in the middle, starting with 'Lift Me Up'.  They string together a few more standouts with 'Lost', 'Love of My Life' and 'The One'.  The quality slips a little again after that, but overall I enjoyed this album

On 6/1/2020 at 2:44 AM, Glen said:

anyone notice the track listing order is completely different on Amazon 

They must've done some joggling of the order of this release somewhere late in the process.  I've got a digital download that has a completely different order than my actual CD.

The running order on my digital download has Breakout, Free My Mind, Friends, Give Me all Your Love, Lift Me Up, Lost, Love Of My Life, The One, Madeline, Night After Night, Take Me To Your Heart.

And my CD has Love Of My Life, Lost, Friends, Night After Night, Free My Mind, Give Me All Your Love, Lift Me Up, The One, Breakout, Madeline, Take Me To Your Heart.

I don't know which one I prefer lol.  I like that Lost moved up on the CD version since I feel like that's the best song on the album, but not sure I like that they put Night By Night and Free My Mind right next to each other as they're both kinda similar mid-tempo type songs so I might've split those up a bit.

At the end of the day, I guess it doesn't matter much.  Either way, digging the CD :guitbannana:

Edited by tts42572