Arctic Rain - The One

Stefan

• 2 weeks later...

More info from Frontiers:

+FRONTIERS ANNOUNCES SIGNING OF ARCTIC RAIN
+JOIN LABEL'S INCREDIBLE ROSTER OF SWEDISH TALENT
+MELODIC ROCK BAND PREPARING LABEL DEBUT FOR 2020

Frontiers Music Srl is pleased to announce the signing of a new Swedish melodic rock sensation, Arctic Rain.

"With influences like Whitesnake, Mr Big, Foreigner, Talisman, Def Leppard, TOTO, Treat, Dokken, White Lion, Journey, and so many other great bands, we believe the result of our album is somewhat a distillation of our combined interpretation of that era of music,” says guitarist Magnus Beglund. "In late 2018, a demo recording was made and sent out to a number of record labels, and the response was very promising. Several labels announced their interest, but the preferred label for us, Frontiers, did not respond. It turned out that somehow our mail had not reached them, and when all was sorted out and it was clear that Frontiers in fact were interested, there was no question what label to go for. There is no mistaking the true love of music these guys have!"

Arctic Rain is the result of a collaboration between songwriter/keyboardist Pete Alpenborg, guitarist Magnus Berglund, and singer Tobias Jonsson. Later on, bassist Gert Daun and drummer Jonas Jönsson joined forces with the band for the recording of their upcoming album. The aim for the band was to write songs with strong melodic rock vibes based around the type of tasteful instrumental harmonies typical for a lot of bands in the '80s and '90s. A revival of sorts, but with a modern touch, both melodically and for the overall sound.

While the core of Arctic Rain is undoubtedly Pete’s songwriting - he has an impressive track record of working with reputable acts such as Revolution Saints, House Of Lords, Issa, All 41, Toby Hitchcock, Sunstorm, Kee Of Hearts and many more - Magnus' tasteful guitar playing and Tobias’ amazing voice create an outstanding final product, which shows once again why Sweden is the golden land of Melodic Rock.

Good band name.

• 2 weeks later...

New song 'Lost'.

From Frontiers:

Arctic Rain, a new Swedish melodic rock band featuring Pete Alpenborg, Magnus Berglund, Tobias Jonsson, Gert Daun, and Jonas Jönsson, have announced that their debut album, "The One" will be released via Frontiers Music Srl on August 7, 2020. The band has also released the first taste of music from the album with the single and music video, 'Lost'. 

Arctic Rain is, quite simply, a new melodic rock sensation from Sweden. The band is a result of the collaboration between songwriter/keyboardist Pete Alpenborg, guitarist Magnus Berglund, and singer Tobias Jonsson. Later on, bassist Gert Daun and drummer Jonas Jönsson joined forces with Arctic Rain for the recording of their upcoming debut album, ‘The One’. The aim for the band was to write songs with strong melodic rock vibes based around the type of tasteful instrumental harmonies typical for a lot of bands in the '80s and '90s. A revival of sorts, but with a modern touch, both melodically and for the overall sound.

"With influences like Whitesnake, Mr Big, Foreigner, Talisman, Def Leppard, TOTO, Treat, Dokken, White Lion, Journey, and so many other great bands, we believe the result of our album is somewhat a distillation of our combined interpretation of that era of music,” says guitarist Magnus Beglund. "In late 2018, a demo recording was made and sent out to a number of record labels, and the response was very promising and we ended up signing with the label that was on top of our list!"

While the core of Arctic Rain is undoubtedly Pete’s songwriting - he has an impressive track record of working with reputable acts such as Revolution Saints, House Of Lords, Issa, All 41, Toby Hitchcock, Sunstorm, Kee Of Hearts, and many more - Magnus' tasteful guitar playing and Tobias’ amazing voice create an outstanding final product, which shows once again why Sweden is the golden land of melodic rock.

101552394_3189034207800973_6354177881324

Tracklisting:
1. Love Of My Life
2. Lost
3. Friends
4. Night After Night
5. Free My Mind
6. Give Me All Of Your Love
7. Lift Me Up
8. The One
9. Breakout
10. Madeleine
11. Take Me To Your Heart

Edited by Stefan

Great song....be careful on Spotify...a band with the same released an album a few months ago...totally not the same sound. 

Sounds really good,love it when something like this sneaks up on you...no release date yet? just 2020.

Edited by lettard

NICE!

Really enjoyed this - Great guitar work!

90 second samples are up on iTunes for anyone who has it - More of the same, think this will be a pleasant surprise for 2020. 

Is it just me or is the singer almost shouting? It seems very full on all of the time. Kind of takes the edge off an otherwise killer track...

That's pretty good.  Not better than H.E.A.T but still pretty good ;)

Samples do sound good.  For me, samples are sounding like it's going to be the album I was hoping One Desire would put out.

Suspect I'll be picking this one up.

• My Little Pony
8 hours ago, Aordave89 said:

Is it just me or is the singer almost shouting? It seems very full on all of the time. Kind of takes the edge off an otherwise killer track...

That's the issue I have with LeBrock. It grates on me after extended listening. 

59 minutes ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

That's the issue I have with LeBrock. It grates on me after extended listening. 

other tracks sound fine tbh

1 hour ago, tts42572 said:

That's pretty good.  Not better than H.E.A.T but still pretty good ;)

Samples do sound good.  For me, samples are sounding like it's going to be the album I was hoping One Desire would put out.

Suspect I'll be picking this one up.

Samples sound better than HEAT overall. 

HEAT has 4 or 5 killers but also some weaker moments imo. this sounds strong throughout 

• My Little Pony
48 minutes ago, Glen said:

Samples sound better than HEAT overall. 

HEAT has 4 or 5 killers but also some weaker moments imo. this sounds strong throughout 

Are they only on iTunes?

Holy fuckballs!!

Love it!

I may need to revamp my top 5 debuts of the  past 15 years. 

and those are classic singable Melodic Rock titles 😉

Edited by zacharyamelie