Libraries and Bookworms 😓😓

PetraGirl86

I can't even begin to tell you how much of a bore libraries are. They give me headaches. And I can't even tell you how much I hate them deep inside. Today my mom & older sister and I all went to a bigger town nearby, and we went to the library- it bored me to death and I had a headache because of it the whole time until we got on the road again 😅😅 Phew! I can guarantee I would like books a lot more than I do if it weren't for my bookworm mom & sisters who are always bugging me to read. I love to write-- but that does not mean I love to read, nor does it mean I have to!!!!!!!!! :cussing::cussing::cussing:If there's one thing I absolutely HATE-- HATE-- is people who try to tell me firstly that books are better than music, that right there is :bs: Secondly that all good writers have to read-- Most good writers yes, but I flatly do not get my ideas, inspiration, or anything else from books! I seriously cannot think of anything that has been from a book that I've used in a story. So if you're a bookworm please don't reply, I hate bookworms, & libraries to my very core and nobody-- No one, Nobody, ABSOLUTELY NO "aww but books are good for you! You should read!" NOTHING not even Michael Sweet can get to me to want to read more than listen to music or ever even think that libraries are a place of freedom- they are torture for the head, my head anyways, and they always smell terrible. I HATE LIBRARIES and no one except for Jesus can get me to like books and I certainly wish that doesn't ever happen. 

Book=:crash:

Shouldn't you go read a book?

:lol:

Seriously though, at your age you SHOULD be reading books, but the trick is to find something that interests you, not what other people tell you that you should be reading... science fiction, fantasy, crime drama, whatever it is. Even if it's just ebooks on a Kindle or app. Find what you enjoy.

P.S. Back when I was going to school there was no Internet, so if you needed to research something, you HAD to to to a library.

25 minutes ago, heavyharmonies said:

Shouldn't you go read a book?

:lol:

Seriously though, at your age you SHOULD be reading books, but the trick is to find something that interests you, not what other people tell you that you should be reading... science fiction, fantasy, crime drama, whatever it is. Even if it's just ebooks on a Kindle or app. Find what you enjoy.

P.S. Back when I was going to school there was no Internet, so if you needed to research something, you HAD to to to a library.

1. I already know you had to use a library when you were my age, cause I'm not stupid, ( I didn't mean that as being a snob okay) 

2. I don't even know what I enjoy, cause there's about 6 different books in my life. But you see, I still manage to be smarter than 85% of kids my age (more or less I'm just gathering from what my friends (who are like you) have told me) 

3. I know I should be reading books but I take forever and it's hard for me to enjoy them so I write/imagine my own- doesn't that even up to be the same? Yeah I read for school, every kid does, but otherwise you read for fun and it's not my idea of fun so if there's one thing on hate more than anything is being told to read. If I find the book I'll read it, I read Love Comes Softly right away along with The Outsiders and Anne of Green Gables and The Girl From Montana by Grace Livingston Hill (to clarify it is not a cowboy romance as it sounds 😂😂😂) but otherwise I'll take years and I might as well not even get anything from the library then. And DON'T try to give me suggestions based upon what I said I enjoyed cause that's not generally what I Want to read. 

• 2023 Gold Donors

I used to read horror stories growing up(Stephen King,etc...) anyways being in school doesn't leave you much free time to read,especially if you like doing other things.

I do go to library book sales,mostly to check out the used Cd's for sale !!;)

Well I'm homeschooled, so if I do my school fast enough I have way more free time than if I were in public school, but idk why I'd waste my free time on them :yuck: