Platforms - The Future That Never Happened

Stefan

Well it's been officially released now - whole album is on Spotify.

And I disagree with earlier comments - this is rather excellent and the best synth album I've heard.

I love Lebrock of course but their habit of releasing EPs is annoying.....and he can be a bit shouty here and there

10 hours ago, Glen said:

by the way there will be a physical release at some point apparently

Yep. From FB:

While our full debut album is out on BandCamp and the physical CD release is well under way, we're releasing the album track by track on Spotify.

Buy our full album here:
platformstheband.bandcamp.com

a1964934079_16.jpg

Tracks:

1. Dragon Energy 03:22

2.Sweetness 03:11

3.Day Ruiner 04:22

4.River In The Dark 03:18

5.Bring You Home 01:41

6.One Track Mind 03:11

7.Go All Night 04:04

8.Superficial Love 03:00

9.Out Of The Valley 04:08

10.Vienna 03:38

11.Higher Ground 03:50

Edited by Stefan

Yeah I went against what I usually do and bought the digital from em because it could be a while(hopefully not) before a psychical release...i'll purchase that too mind because this is sooo good,really uplifting and bright in this period of uncertainty :)

Edited by lettard

6 minutes ago, lettard said:

Yeah I went against what I usually do and bought the digital from em because it could be a while(hopefully not) before a psychical release...i'll purchase that too mind because this is sooo good,really uplifting and bright in this period of uncertainty :)

i absolutely love this album 

• 1 month later...
On 10/10/2019 at 1:20 AM, Stefan said:

More synthwave stuff 'Go All Night'.

Me likey.

Asbolute grower.

Saw Glen mentioned about this band on another thread a week back, so decided to give the entire album a listen. Man now am in love with this song! When I heard it the first time last year i found it to be quite catchy, but nothing great. One of those songs that you totally ignore at first and falls in love the second time round. One of my faves of 2020.

• 5 months later...
5 minutes ago, Glen said:

I listen to the Palace album and for the most part I just cringe 

Okay, had to bring this over here. It's taken me 87 years, but I finally, finally heard this thing. I admit I was always going to be underwhelmed because of the way it was hyped up by a certain member of this forum, lol, but it was okay. I love 'Go all night' and 'Day ruiner,' 'Sweetness' and 'Higher ground' are all very good too. The rest? Um, yeah, so this guy's going to have to pass on the rest of the album. Wasn't really into it. But that's cool, to each their own.

What I do not understand, however, is praise for this album, which has it's moments, but disdain for the new Palace album, which I happen to think is pretty awesome. 

So what's the difference? What makes Platforms magnificent, and Palace rubbish? Lay it out for me, my man.   

6 minutes ago, Geoff said:

Okay, had to bring this over here. It's taken me 87 years, but I finally, finally heard this thing. I admit I was always going to be underwhelmed because of the way it was hyped up by a certain member of this forum, lol, but it was okay. I love 'Go all night' and 'Day ruiner,' 'Sweetness' and 'Higher ground' are all very good too. The rest? Um, yeah, so this guy's going to have to pass on the rest of the album. Wasn't really into it. But that's cool, to each their own.

What I do not understand, however, is praise for this album, which has it's moments, but disdain for the new Palace album, which I happen to think is pretty awesome. 

So what's the difference? What makes Platforms magnificent, and Palace rubbish? Lay it out for me, my man.   

cos it's,awesome.

keep listening and you will soon realise the simple brilliance of Out of The Valley, one track mind and river in the dark.

they only mess up on Vienna 

3 minutes ago, Glen said:

cos it's,awesome.

keep listening and you will soon realise the simple brilliance of Out of The Valley, one track mind and river in the dark.

they only mess up on Vienna 

Yeah, some of it might grow on me a bit more, but I still think the new Palace album is worlds above this one, personally. 

1 minute ago, Geoff said:

Yeah, some of it might grow on me a bit more, but I still think the new Palace album is worlds above this one, personally. 

you say that now ;)

you wait.

I love this album

(except vienna) 

• 5 months later...

This is getting a physical CD release through MelodicRock Classics.

Just made my order...

Press release:

MelodicRock Classics is pleased to announce a one-time physical CD release of the acclaimed synthwave AOR debut from Swedish/American outfit PLATFORMS.

The Limited Edition CD release of just 500 units will be available to pre-order today, with the official CD release date of July 2.

$25 (includes worldwide shipping) Pre-order now via:

https://melodicrockclassics.com/platf...

Platforms is an example of one of the positive aspects of the modern Internet culture we find ourselves in. During a dark period in his life, from his apartment in Chicago, singer Jordan Cox filled his hard drive with countless songs that sat unrealized and unreleased. One day, he found Swedish producer Michael Palace on Instagram and sent him a direct message.

After bonding over their appreciation for rock and modern synth music the two quickly began resurrecting Jordan’s demos and writing new songs from scratch. Through Dropbox exchanges and Facebook messenger they constructed a full-length album within months. ‘

The Future That Never Happened’ is an exciting mix of rock, pop and synthwave, filled to the brim with 80’s nostalgia. The album was released digitally in 2020 and fans have been asking for a physical version ever since.

Edited by Stefan
  • Thanks 1

Thankyou Stefan,Nice,so this is Andrew and not the new owners of MRR? Just made my order to...so only 498 left  lol :)

Edited by lettard

5 hours ago, lettard said:

Thankyou Stefan,Nice,so this is Andrew and not the new owners of MRR? Just made my order to...so only 498 left  lol :)

Yes this Andrew's venture.

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

Got my copy along with the excellent TIM album the other day and I must say, this is really excellent stuff. 

• 2 weeks later...

New single, a cover of Tina Turner's "The Best"

• My Little Pony
On 6/4/2021 at 2:35 PM, Glen said:

one of the best albums of 2020 but not paying $25 for it 🙄

But that's shipped.