Revolution Saints

Doggy

Good stuff,have this on preorder,should be here next week  :)

Is that the same model from "When The Heartache Is Gone"? is there a story here or something?

Edited by lettard

• My Little Pony
1 hour ago, lettard said:

Good stuff,have this on preorder,should be here next week  :)

Is that the same model from "When The Heartache Is Gone"? is there a story here or something?

Yeah, when she enters the elevator at the end is the start of "When the Heartache is Gone."

1 hour ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

Yeah, when she enters the elevator at the end is the start of "When the Heartache is Gone."

Awww right thanks,I never even noticed that,but its arse about face then...a bit like Pulp Fiction  :)

Edited by lettard

• 2 weeks later...

Liking this a lot,aye it may seem a bit generic to some but it just sounds like Rev Saints doing what they always do,no bad thing,and as stated Doug is on fire...maybe too many ballads but they do em so well  :)

Edited by lettard

Id love to see a definition of generic 

Pretty much I would assume that if you are a fan of 80s melodic rock (which we all are yeah?) then you should pretty much love this album.

Nothing wrong with generic for me.
I love generic, as within that I find the gems.
biggest problem I have with many bands these days is samey music.
Revolutiions Saints are one of those bands. Just all has the same vibe to it.
I'd prefer if bands like this change it up a bit, bring in some different insturments, completely change the vocals etc.
If it doesn't work, then at least it breaks up the rest of the music.
Just my 2c

On 1/28/2020 at 2:14 PM, Glen said:

Id love to see a definition of generic 

Pretty much I would assume that if you are a fan of 80s melodic rock (which we all are yeah?) then you should pretty much love this album.

I've found nothing compelling about it. Nothing wrong with it but nothing really memorable. 

2 hours ago, Glen said:

to each their own I guess.

At the end of the day I love Journey and this just comes across as a ballsy journey album to me 

Yeah id agree with that,in fact that's just sums up Rev Saints in a nutshell for me.

Good solid album. Not completely in love with it, but it's better than the last album. I like what they're doing and don't want them to change it up, but I do agree it's a little samey and one-dimensional by the end of another album. But they do good things so it's cool. Favourite song is the opener. No real significant duds on the album either.  

Haha, was just relaxing and put youtube on the tv and it started playing random stuff.

New HS clip came on "Talk To me"

Nothing like most of the rest of their stuff.
Different temps, different vibe, some female vocals etc

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Listened to the start of this a few times before I've got distracted and only had the remainder of the album on in the background.
First 2 songs are killer
Rise is ok, nothing special
Love that Coming Home has a whole different vibe and sound.

I think this will easily be my favorite release from them.

This new album is great in the 80% range although RS has that weird  low replay value.

I mean, after one full spin, you will want to store this album in a shelf and maybe pull it out after 3-4 months for another spin

Anybody feels the same way ?

Yeah, I do.
Hard to put their sings on a mix. Maybe a few real stand outs that can stand alone.
That said, I have hope for this new album.
Production is a lot better, a bit cleaner and not every song is slotted into the same mould.

• My Little Pony
18 hours ago, CureTheSane said:

Yeah, I do.
Hard to put their sings on a mix. Maybe a few real stand outs that can stand alone.
That said, I have hope for this new album.
Production is a lot better, a bit cleaner and not every song is slotted into the same mould.

I like to listen to their sings in order.