Revolution Saints

Doggy

10 hours ago, Glen said:

I would describe it as Journey with balls. 

Yeah, I guess, compared to Journey.

Journey was one band that I was never really exposed to too much.
Maybe a bit before my time and/or didn't really get too much exposure in Aus.
Don't Stop Believin' is really the only song I can think of by them, and thet really only came through to me in the last 10 years or so.

Not sure if this is unique to me of if other Aussies can comment on how much/little Journey made it into Australia.

8 hours ago, CureTheSane said:

Yeah, I guess, compared to Journey.

Journey was one band that I was never really exposed to too much.
Maybe a bit before my time and/or didn't really get too much exposure in Aus.
Don't Stop Believin' is really the only song I can think of by them, and thet really only came through to me in the last 10 years or so.

Not sure if this is unique to me of if other Aussies can comment on how much/little Journey made it into Australia.

They were before my time, even as a young kid, but I never knew of them at all until I got into sites like this n' stuff. Never saw/heard them as a kid, though, and I also get the impression they never made much impression here. You just never hear any of their hits on the radio like you do random Poison, Whitesnake, Warrant etc. 

2 hours ago, Geoff said:

They were before my time, even as a young kid, but I never knew of them at all until I got into sites like this n' stuff. Never saw/heard them as a kid, though, and I also get the impression they never made much impression here. You just never hear any of their hits on the radio like you do random Poison, Whitesnake, Warrant etc. 

Yeah, that's my take.
I mean we were exposed to a toone of US bands growing up, but for some reason Journey was never really there.
Styx would be another one, except for Babe

• 2 weeks later...

From Frontiers:

Revolution Saints will release their new album, "Rise" on January 24, 2020 on CD/LP/Digital. Pre-orders, including t-shirt bundles, available now! 

Stay tuned in the coming weeks for a music video for first single, 'When The Heartache Has Gone' and another single from the album.

More details on the album below.

Revolution Saints are returning with their third album!

Featuring none other than Deen Castronovo (The Dead Daisies, ex-Journey, Bad English), Doug Aldrich (The Dead Daisies, Burning Rain, ex-Whitesnake, DIO), and Jack Blades (Night Ranger), Revolution Saints have now completed their incredible third album, “Rise”. As with the first two well-received albums, Rev Saints (as the fans like to call them) are bringing back the classic melodic rock style that thrilled and delighted legions of fans in the ‘80s and ‘90s and still does today! Inspiring, uplifting vocals, soaring melodies, and musicianship to die for is what you get in spades here. Simply put, it is completely badass. Stream the first single, 'When The Heartache Has Gone' here: https://radi.al/Rise

Superbly handling drums and lead vocals is the one and only Deen Castronovo. Already renowned for his drum talents and backing vocals in Journey, Bad English, and more, Deen's excellent vocal talents are once again receiving a well-deserved spotlight on this release. On bass, and co-lead vocals on a few tracks, Jack Blades is well known for his melodic, yet hard rocking approach to songwriting and playing via multiple classic albums by his main band Night Ranger, as well as with the Damn Yankees and the Shaw/Blades releases. On guitar, Doug Aldrich lends his fiery guitar attack to round out this dream-come-true melodic rock band. Doug, who left Whitesnake after a fruitful 12 year run (including co-writing 2010’s critically acclaimed "Forevermore" release) and also of Burning Rain and formerly of DIO, has a deep pedigree and is one of today’s most respected rock guitarists.

You can tell by the name - and the names involved - that REVOLUTION SAINTS is not going to be your average rock 'n roll band. The project is the vision of Frontiers' President Serafino Perugino, who for years had hoped to work on a project where Deen would be the lead vocalist. Having previously worked with all three artists on different projects on Frontiers, having Deen, Jack and Doug on board together was a dream come true for Perugino.

With production overseen by more and more in demand in-house Frontiers man, Alessandro Del Vecchio, the recording process took place in Milan and in Doug and Jack’s own studios in California and Seattle. Songwriting was handled by Del Vecchio, Aldrich, and Blades with contributions from fellow Frontiers recording artist Dan Rossall (of UK newcomers PASSION). Of special note, the poignant ballad “Eyes Of A Child” was penned by Jack Blades and Tommy Shaw.

REVOLUTION SAINTS' music is played with a heart, soul, and spirit that shines through in the music. These songs highlight the passion and enthusiasm of three of the best all-around rock ‘n roll musicians in the game today.

Truly, lovers of melodic rock have a new favorite album on their hands.

The band’s last album, “Light In The Dark” (2017) entered the U.S. Billboard Charts in the Top 100 Current Albums, Top 30 Current Rock Albums, and Top 20 Independent Albums charts.

78124939_2604413512948017_22257629402528

Tracklist:
1. When The Heartache Has Gone
2. Price To Pay
3. Rise
4. Coming Home
5. Closer
6. Higher
7. Talk To Me
8. It's Not The End (It's Just The Beginning)
9. Million Miles
10. Win Or Lose
11. Eyes Of A Child

Line-up:
Deen Castronovo: lead vocals, drums
Jack Blades: bass, vocals 
Doug Aldrich: guitars

Featuring:
Alessandro Del Vecchio: keyboards, backing vocals,
Lunakaire: guest vocals on “Talk to Me"

Produced by Alessandro Del Vecchio

34 minutes ago, Stefan said:

With production overseen by more and more in demand in-house Frontiers man, Alessandro Del Vecchio, the recording process took place in Milan and in Doug and Jack’s own studios in California and Seattle. Songwriting was handled by Del Vecchio, Aldrich, and Blades with contributions from fellow Frontiers recording artist Dan Rossall (of UK newcomers PASSION). Of special note, the poignant ballad “Eyes Of A Child” was penned by Jack Blades and Tommy Shaw.

Oh boy! I'll try to contain my excitement!

• My Little Pony
1 hour ago, Eric3 said:

Oh boy! I'll try to contain my excitement!

Is he really more and more in demand? Or is it simply signing with Frontiers means he is producing?

40 minutes ago, Geoff said:

Hopefully a very nice start to the new year. I'm looking forward to it. 

Yeah, and with the January releases by H.e.a.t, Passion & GOK it looks like the new year is going off with a bang  :)

On 11/6/2019 at 1:27 PM, CureTheSane said:

Yeah, that's my take.
I mean we were exposed to a toone of US bands growing up, but for some reason Journey was never really there.
Styx would be another one, except for Babe

that's because in their prime 79-86 they barely toured outside of the US and so were not that well known (outside of the US obviously) 

26 minutes ago, Glen said:

that's because in their prime 79-86 they barely toured outside of the US and so were not that well known (outside of the US obviously) 

The weird thing is that I, and everyone had heard of them, but just weren't exposed to their music.

Kind of strange.

• My Little Pony
4 hours ago, lettard said:

Yeah, and with the January releases by H.e.a.t, Passion & GOK it looks like the new year is going off with a bang  :)

We say this every year. 

• 2023 Gold Donors
17 hours ago, CureTheSane said:

The weird thing is that I, and everyone had heard of them, but just weren't exposed to their music.

Kind of strange.

Yeah, you're right. I've always found that strange also, especially considering that Steve Perry's "Oh Sherrie" was always and still is a staple of commercial radio down here. It actually charted #5 Nationally here in the mid 80's (thank you Wikipedia).

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Stefan said:

Ballad time.

Yeah...and they do them so well...lighters in the air :drink: oh wait we aint allowed to do that anymore...phones then(not the same)

• My Little Pony
1 hour ago, lettard said:

Yeah...and they do them so well...lighters in the air :drink: oh wait we aint allowed to do that anymore...phones then(not the same)

You're not? Why?