The Rocker

3 Bands NOT your thing

yes ISSA - terrible

second Nordic Union album is v poor. first is very good imo

Ammunition have about 5 or 6 great songs over 2 albums - that's not a good ratio. Age was f annoying live as well. 

NFO - you are all deaf lol. They are best new band around and flawless live. Seriously you can tell they are part of bigger bands - like watching an arena band in a small venue. stellar. 

12 hours ago, Geoff said:

Issa?

I agree that no one likes Inglorious. Same with Radio Sun too, though. I never met anyone who liked them. 

Hello Geoff.

I have been friends with Steve for a very long time, and this pre Cyclone Tracy days, and friends with Jase as well.

Iron Maiden

W.A.S.P.

Metallica (before -91 and after -97)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stefan said:

Iron Maiden

W.A.S.P.

Metallica (before -91 and after -97)

supposed to be new bands....

NFO

Cats In Space

Inglorious

• Like 1

id have to agree on Inglorious.

on paper they should be great but on the whole their songs are just not that memorable. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Godd damm! I cun't even reed or spell animoore. It musst be an age thong, I'm getting cold. Title know corectered.
    • Darkhaus - When Sparks Ignite
    • I suppose, I never use that button but it makes sense 
    • I think most of us browse this site using the "Unread Content" button, and we don't always see what sub-forum each thread is posted in. So it never hurts to clarify.  Also, a lot of these guys are pretty dumb, and they need all the help they can get. ;}
    • Not earth-shattering as far as innovation, but the album is very solid musically. A good listen.
    • Received this in the post today...and for me it was a disappointment upon hearing it. Purchased based on the first track released and that I like the two Seven cds,with the debut being top of the class,but this is has a few country type songs which don't sit with me at all...if I'd have heard this disc before I bought it I very much doubt ..or in fact I can definitely say I wouldn't,really disappointed in it.
    • I would agree with that,it was a classy album,full of great tunes
    • Cool! I figured if it's posted in here I won't have to specify that they're Christian only
    • Closest thing I've seen to the point I was going to make. Except, Nordic Union have two bog-average albums and neither would be a good Eclipse album - not even close, imho.  Anyway, for me, there is no doubt in the world that Eclipse's biggest issue is that for a period there for a few years, Martensson was more or less single-handedly writing about a dozen albums per year for every man and his dog. He was just everywhere and it was pretty obvious that was an issue. Some of it was great - I still think the Toby Hitchcock debut is the best album that Martensson has ever written, full stop. And the WET stuff is excellent too, thanks to it being collaborative. But a lot of it was already getting tired early on, such as the poor Ammunition and Nordic Union albums, and that female fronted hard rock band I forget the name of. He was just spreading himself too thin and sadly it's finally come to really show on an Eclipse album. Which is the real shame of it all.  I think the new album is a solid album, but as Glen says above, the best song on it is more or less completely identical to songs on previous albums. It's just got some different lyrics, but otherwise just the same song.  It's a massive ask and not going to happen, but the best thing that could happen for Eclipse is that Martensson just didn't involve himself in any projects for the next two years and concentrate on making good music with Eclipse. Won't happen, though. Also, the different production's been mentioned too - not a fan. It's not offensive, but it just doesn't sound as good as previous albums. 
    • I thought their debut album was excellent. An album that grew on me with pretty much every single spin. I also found a unique-ness in them that is hard to find these days. Great melodies. Very much looking forward to hearing what they come up with next. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.