Cruzh - Tropical Thunder

Stefan

Yeah liked that, thought that the original punch in the beginning died off a bit though..wish that had continued right through the song,but enjoyed it none the less.

• Like 2

Checked out the samples for the album on I Tunes last night.  Always tough to tell much from samples but I guess initially I'm not really taken by it.  

A few songs sounded decent enough but feeling like this will be a streamer maybe worth checking out but not something I'll be running out to buy a CD of.

I'm still a bit iffy on the vocals.  They sounded fine to me in the first single but in some of the samples I'm not so sure I'm sold.  

We'll see as more tunes drop if it grows on me or not.

On 5/26/2021 at 8:12 AM, tts42572 said:

Same...Like that also.  Really sounds quite different than anything on their debut to my ears at least.  Sort of has a cleaner, modern type feel to it but also some classic Def Leppard-ish type sound mixed in also.

Will be interesting to hear how some of the more up tempo stuff sounds as it seems like they're claiming this is a heavier album overall.

It's a little poppy and safe but I believe that the album would be heavier just based on the production. The debut didn't really push the envelope in that regard.

Looking forward to hearing more. I'm intrigued. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, tts42572 said:

Not really hearing the edgier vibe they mentioned yet.....

That was the first thing I thought when I listened to the Itunes samples. 

Didn't get the feeling of the last album, yet. Not a big fan of the new singer. And I think it's a bit unauthentic to produce a video with the photo album full of old memories when the new singer just joined... 

3 hours ago, tts42572 said:

I thought the first song was pretty good but I'm a bit meh on this one.

Not really hearing the edgier vibe they mentioned yet.....

Yeah, this new track is pretty blah.  And no bite or edge to it at all.

On 6/22/2021 at 7:27 AM, CureTheSane said:

That last track posted reminds me a lot of Danger Danger

Me too. I think it's the chorus riff. I like it, and I definitely prefer this vocalist to the previous one.

Edited by Eric3

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Stefan said:

New song 'Tropical Thunder'. 

The new track has a little more edge to it musically, but unfortunately the chorus doesn't really grab me.  I thought the first single was ok, so I'll give the album a spin, but this will probably be a pass for me.

11 minutes ago, Crazysam said:

The new track has a little more edge to it musically, but unfortunately the chorus doesn't really grab me.  I thought the first single was ok, so I'll give the album a spin, but this will probably be a pass for me.

Exactly the same for me.

First single was pretty decent but second song really didn't do much for me.  I like the edge in this new tune but still not really grabbing me at all.  

I'll probably try the album when it drops but pretty much already have in my head it'll be a pass.  Mostly I just don't think the vocals are doing much for me.

7 hours ago, Stefan said:

New song 'Tropical Thunder'. 

OK, the music in this one is absolutely fantastic.  There is a *GREAT* song in there waiting to come out.  But the chorus is terrible and I'm not crazy about the rest of the lyrics and singing either.

Agree with everyone good music, terrible chorus…another “what could have been” story. The lyrics are also very lame

• Like 1

Another I received today,it is actually better than id expected if that makes sense? Playing it through as a cd makes the songs sound more gelled and  makes it run along smoother than I thought it would given my opinion on the already released tracks..still wish they'd have gone for a grittier singer though...woulda made this sound better for me.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...