Cruzh - Tropical Thunder

Stefan

69029581_2317573371630052_61561463238096

From Frontiers:

We get A LOT of questions about what Swedish rockers Cruzh have been up to and we are pleased to finally give you some answers! See below for a message from the band and enjoy this acoustic version of "Aim For The Head", showcasing their new singer, Alex Waghorn. We plan on releasing the band's next studio album in 2020. 

“It’s been a while rockers! Some time ago we found ourselves lost on some bumpy roads, but now we’re back on track again, hungry for more rock n’ roll. We’re very happy to announce our new front diva (haha) Alex! He really, truly is the piece we’ve been missing from the start and the stuff we’re recording right now will surely knock your socks off. Our new acoustic version of 'Aim For The Head' is just a small hint of what’s to come…and a way for you guys to 'meet' Alex! Get ready for the resurrected, harder, better, stronger CRUZH.” - Dennis, Anton, & Matt

“I’m truly happy to be in this band! After just a few days I felt like I was part of the CRUZH family. I’m looking forward to sharing the stage with these three amazing guys and of course to see all of you people on the road!” - Alex

CRUZH:
Alex Waghorn - vocals
Dennis Butabi Borg - bass
Anton Joensson - guitar
Matt Silver – drums

www.facebook.com/cruzhofficial

Edited by Stefan

Nice voice, young man. Hope this one sticks around for the long haul and these guys can gain some momentum. 

10 minutes ago, Stefan said:

Geoff, did you know Alex sang on the debut album by Reach (Reach Out to Rock)?

Nope. Thanks for the info. If I'm not mistaken I was a fan of those vocals. 

29 minutes ago, Stefan said:

Geoff, did you know Alex sang on the debut album by Reach (Reach Out to Rock)?

Also think I read that he was a finalist on Swedish idol.

He definitely has some pipes.  We'll see if they can attach some songs to it and get something going.

I didn't mind their debut album at the time but I'm not sure I've listened to it once since I put it away on the shelf a few months after it came out.  It just hasn't aged well at all for me.

I'll be approaching the next one with some caution.  

• 9 months later...

From the band a few days ago:

Earlier this week we sent a package filled with artwork, promo photos and most importantly, finished masters of our new album to our record label friends in Italy. Check this page for upcoming news regarding release date, tracklists, music videos, singles, album artwork revealing etc.

New singer was always going to sound a bit courser than the old one who was very smooth and rounded.
I think I'll be more partial to this new guy, songs will sound a little less overproduced.

• 8 months later...

New album 'Tropical Thunder' out this summer.

From FB:

CRUZHeeeeers.... come out to plaaaa-heeeeey!

Kickstart the weekend with this sweet little something. By the end of March we will start posting videos, information and other stuff hyping up our Summer release. Why dontcha start with this one!

Teaser:

https://www.facebook.com/cruzhofficial/videos/456723798858419

Edited by Stefan

• Stefan changed the title to Cruzh - Let's Get Tropical

Everyone is starting to sound more like Def Lep.
No real issues with that, I was one of the few that dug the last Tesla album but everyone else complained that it was Def Tesla.
Pixilated album cover in the clip was a little try hard. Not sure people are holding their breath that much waiting to see it lol

Sounds good,hoping for that big Lep sound if im honest,their debut though having its moments mainly passed me by,so this is showing promise.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, lettard said:

Sounds good,hoping for that big Lep sound if im honest,their debut though having its moments mainly passed me by,so this is showing promise.

Agree on the debut.  I liked it some initially but I almost never play anything from it now.

• 2023 Gold Donors

The debut was cool, but very soft.

It did however contain this cracker

Stefan posted the acoustic version and it's just a great tune.

Just one or two like this on the new album and I'll be happy.

• Stefan changed the title to Cruzh - Tropical Thunder

165541331_211713113890398_89078905168414

Premiere for the new single 'We Go Together' in a few days.

Press release from Frontiers:

Cruzh are back with a new vocalist, Alex Waghorn, and a new album, “Tropical Thunder”, which will be released on August 6, 2021 via Frontiers Music Srl.

"Overall we wanted more edge, more attitude, simply more rock n’ roll compared to our first album. The songs on ‘Tropical Thunder’ definitely give a more true picture of what Cruzh is all about. We’ve had some time to write new material and get back to our roots since 2016, so I’d say that the writing process went smoothly. I was kind of sceptical though prior to our mixing sessions, which had to be done Covid-safe, which meant that Alex, who lives in the same city as our producer Erik Wiss could attend, but the rest of us had to send mixes and comments back and forth. However, the end result turned out awesome anyway and we made the best of the situation," says guitarist Anton Joensson.

Of the first single, 'We Go Together', bassist Dennis Butabi Borg adds, "It’s a song about the past and the future. The lyrics are actually based on my childhood or early teenage years growing up in a small suburban village in southern Sweden. It is about the carefree and exciting moments you had as a kid, when school breaks seemed so long that you thought they’d never end, and the only thing that mattered for the day was the adventures and escapades you experienced with your best buddies on a warm summer’s night. I’m talking about the feeling of invincibility and strength of never-ending friendship. I think the theme of the song merges perfectly with the music. The native touch in the intro really fetches the feeling of wildlife and urge for excursion and when the chorus kicks in, who knows, you might wanna go hiking.  Listen, and forget the sometimes troubled reality for a while. Take a trip down memory lane. This song is for all of you. It’s for all of us. We are forever. We Go Together."

Alex Waghorn was first introduced to Cruzh fans in 2019 with the release of an acoustic version of the song “Aim For The Head”. Now, Waghorn, along with Dennis Butabi Borg, Anton Joensson, and Matt Silver, are at long last ready to unleash the band’s long-awaited second album. Melodic rock fans will not be disappointed with the cavalcade of melodies, hooks, and catchy songs on display on “Tropical Thunder”. 

Cruzh was put together in 2013 after the demise of Swedish glam rockers TrashQueen in which both Anton and Butabi played. The band spent their first years releasing some very well-received self-produced demos. “Hard To Get” and its successor, the darker “Aim For The Head,” got great reviews and by late spring of 2015, just when Cruzh was about to release a new EP, they were approached by Frontiers Music Srl who wanted to sign the band to a deal. Cruzh started the album recording process by the end of summer 2015 and their self-titled debut was released in 2016 to rave reviews from the melodic rock community. 

After introducing new vocalist Alex Waghorn to the public via an acoustic version of their track ‘Aim For The Head’ in 2019, the band spent 2020 working on their second album, “Tropical Thunder”. Now, in 2021, the long wait for a follow-up album from Cruzh is over. 

Tracklist:

1.  Tropical Thunder

2.  We Go Together

3.  Turn Back Time

4.  Are You Ready?

5.  Cady

6.  New York Nights

7.  All You Need

8.  Line In The Sand

9.  Moonshine Bayou

10.  Paralyzed

11.  N.R.J.C. 

Line-up:

Alex Waghorn: lead & backing vocals

Anton Joensson: lead & rhythm guitars, acoustic guitars, backing vocals

Dennis Butabi Borg: bass, backing vocals

Matt Silver: drums & percussion, backing vocals

+Erik Wiss: keyboards & piano 

www.facebook.com/cruzhofficial

Edited by Stefan

Tough to tell much from the 30 second teaser but clip sounding pretty good to me.  

I initially liked their debut album but it faded away pretty quickly for me and I ended up selling off the CD I had a couple years ago as I just wasn't listening to it.   Looking back now, there were a few good tunes but not sure I loved the vocalist.  And it doesn't feel like they were ever really settled with their vocalist anyways.  I seem to remember one guy leaving either before or during album recording, another guy maybe recording the album and then another guy playing live.  I might be wrong on that but definitely seems like they've had issues settling the lead vocals.

Keeping eyes on this and looking forward to hearing more.

I’ll check this out but not convinced it will be anything special. Clip sounds okay. 

Wasn’t a huge fan of Alex Waghorn on vocals for his ex-band Reach, he was woeful live. Let’s hope he’s come on since then. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Stefan said:

Now playing. I like it.

Same...Like that also.  Really sounds quite different than anything on their debut to my ears at least.  Sort of has a cleaner, modern type feel to it but also some classic Def Leppard-ish type sound mixed in also.

Will be interesting to hear how some of the more up tempo stuff sounds as it seems like they're claiming this is a heavier album overall.

Decent enough tune, very instant. 

I checked out the samples and there are several songs that are stronger than the above, will be an album worth checking out for sure.