Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Crazysam

Tom Keifer - Rise

Recommended Posts

Former Cinderella frontman Tom Keifer is set to release his second solo album on September 13 on Cleopatra Records.  First single/video "The Death of Me" is out now.

https://cleorecs.com/store/shop/tom-keifer-rise-limited-edition-colored-vinyl/

https://cleorecs.com/store/shop/tom-keifer-rise-cd/

 

Image result for tom keifer rise

 

Tom Keifer - Rise

TRACK LISTING

1. Touching The Divine
2. The Death Of Me
3. Waiting On The Demons
4. Hype
5. Untitled
6. Rise
7. All Amped Up
8. Breaking Down
9. Taste For The Pain
10. Life Was Here
11. You Believe In Me

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well that's a fair bit heavier than anything from his debut disc...from anything he's basically ever done in fact...nice  :)

Edited by lettard

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are the rest of the Cinderella boys not interested in recording new Cinderella tunes?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Crazysam said:

 

Hearing that voice again with new material makes me smile

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

wha ... what's with those glasses?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

Are the rest of the Cinderella boys not interested in recording new Cinderella tunes?

I read somewhere that Keifer stated that Cinderella is over. Not sure what happened.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Picked up the disc,its pretty good...a modern day Cinderella if you will  :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Heard this loosely this morning. Actually sounds like a pretty bad album. :(

Was surprised he pulled out his old style vocals. Interesting choice. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah upon further reflextion its not as good as Id given it kudus to earlier,I was a bit quick off the mark after I listened to it on my ipod whilst at work...but a few listens a home and he really is straining sometimes and its nerve jinglingly bad at times...about a half way house for me ratings wise...maybe a bit less  :( but when its good it is good though..just not enough.

Edited by lettard

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/1/2019 at 2:01 PM, gooup said:

I read somewhere that Keifer stated that Cinderella is over. Not sure what happened.

There was an interview he did recently where he said he and certain members pretty much fell out.

He remained professional and never slagged anyone off, but from what he said there is some kind of personal issues thats pretty much killed any chance of them working together.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Captain Howdy said:

There was an interview he did recently where he said he and certain members pretty much fell out.

He remained professional and never slagged anyone off, but from what he said there is some kind of personal issues thats pretty much killed any chance of them working together.

I guess when 25 years pass since you last recorded an album together, it's safe to assume that something wasn't quite working out. ;) 

Shame, though. I had 'Night Songs' in the cassette deck the other night and I loved getting back there. They were a good, consistent band and it's a shame that they only had those four albums. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Geoff said:

I guess when 25 years pass since you last recorded an album together, it's safe to assume that something wasn't quite working out. ;) 

 

Yeah but they had been a touring band for quite a lot of years after that and that point Tom was not recording anything for some reason, so whatever happened was only fairly recent in the big scheme of things.

I thankfully got to see them 8 years ago when they did a one off date here, then two years later Tom releases his first solo album, so my guess is whatever it is it happened some time around 2012 or so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

Yeah but they had been a touring band for quite a lot of years after that and that point Tom was not recording anything for some reason, so whatever happened was only fairly recent in the big scheme of things.

I thankfully got to see them 8 years ago when they did a one off date here, then two years later Tom releases his first solo album, so my guess is whatever it is it happened some time around 2012 or so.

Yeah, it's a similar situation to Poison, I guess. All of these bands, who seem to stay together for decades without recording new music. It's as if they lose their passion for music somewhere along the way and just see it as a 9-5 type job to earn a livelihood. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.