Sign in to follow this  
Crazysam

Tom Keifer - Rise

Former Cinderella frontman Tom Keifer is set to release his second solo album on September 13 on Cleopatra Records.  First single/video "The Death of Me" is out now.

https://cleorecs.com/store/shop/tom-keifer-rise-limited-edition-colored-vinyl/

https://cleorecs.com/store/shop/tom-keifer-rise-cd/

Image result for tom keifer rise

Tom Keifer - Rise

TRACK LISTING

1. Touching The Divine
2. The Death Of Me
3. Waiting On The Demons
4. Hype
5. Untitled
6. Rise
7. All Amped Up
8. Breaking Down
9. Taste For The Pain
10. Life Was Here
11. You Believe In Me

Well that's a fair bit heavier than anything from his debut disc...from anything he's basically ever done in fact...nice  :)

Edited by lettard

Are the rest of the Cinderella boys not interested in recording new Cinderella tunes?

16 hours ago, Crazysam said:

Hearing that voice again with new material makes me smile

wha ... what's with those glasses?

19 hours ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

Are the rest of the Cinderella boys not interested in recording new Cinderella tunes?

I read somewhere that Keifer stated that Cinderella is over. Not sure what happened.

Picked up the disc,its pretty good...a modern day Cinderella if you will  :)

Heard this loosely this morning. Actually sounds like a pretty bad album. :(

Was surprised he pulled out his old style vocals. Interesting choice. 

Yeah upon further reflextion its not as good as Id given it kudus to earlier,I was a bit quick off the mark after I listened to it on my ipod whilst at work...but a few listens a home and he really is straining sometimes and its nerve jinglingly bad at times...about a half way house for me ratings wise...maybe a bit less  :( but when its good it is good though..just not enough.

Edited by lettard

On 8/1/2019 at 2:01 PM, gooup said:

I read somewhere that Keifer stated that Cinderella is over. Not sure what happened.

There was an interview he did recently where he said he and certain members pretty much fell out.

He remained professional and never slagged anyone off, but from what he said there is some kind of personal issues thats pretty much killed any chance of them working together.

8 hours ago, Captain Howdy said:

There was an interview he did recently where he said he and certain members pretty much fell out.

He remained professional and never slagged anyone off, but from what he said there is some kind of personal issues thats pretty much killed any chance of them working together.

I guess when 25 years pass since you last recorded an album together, it's safe to assume that something wasn't quite working out. ;) 

Shame, though. I had 'Night Songs' in the cassette deck the other night and I loved getting back there. They were a good, consistent band and it's a shame that they only had those four albums. 

2 minutes ago, Geoff said:

I guess when 25 years pass since you last recorded an album together, it's safe to assume that something wasn't quite working out. ;) 

Yeah but they had been a touring band for quite a lot of years after that and that point Tom was not recording anything for some reason, so whatever happened was only fairly recent in the big scheme of things.

I thankfully got to see them 8 years ago when they did a one off date here, then two years later Tom releases his first solo album, so my guess is whatever it is it happened some time around 2012 or so.

11 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

Yeah but they had been a touring band for quite a lot of years after that and that point Tom was not recording anything for some reason, so whatever happened was only fairly recent in the big scheme of things.

I thankfully got to see them 8 years ago when they did a one off date here, then two years later Tom releases his first solo album, so my guess is whatever it is it happened some time around 2012 or so.

Yeah, it's a similar situation to Poison, I guess. All of these bands, who seem to stay together for decades without recording new music. It's as if they lose their passion for music somewhere along the way and just see it as a 9-5 type job to earn a livelihood.