Sign in to follow this  
Invisible_man

Side projects and skeletons in closet...

what are some interesting unexpected places you've seen members of Rock groups appear, as musicians, producers or writers?

Lars "Dillie" Diedricson (band Don Patrol) - wrote for Eurovision, winning song Charlotte (Take Me to your heaven).  Sadly Lars passed away a few years ago RIP..

Thomas G:son (band Masquerade) - very frequent contributor to Eurovision/Melodifestivalen. Winner with song Euphoria (Loreen).

Anders Wikstrom (band Treat) - several pop/bubblegum credits for bands like A-Teens, ATC, N'Sync

David Paich (band Toto) - co-writing credits on Cheryl Lynn's Disco hit "Got to Be Real"

Steve Lukather (band Toto) - credits on Michael Jackson, Donna Summer releases

Rivers Cuomo (band Weezer) - his credit appears on song Adam Lambert (Pick U Up)

Edited by Invisible_man

Wasn't Max Martin, was known as someone else before change his name?

The Luke has a lot of people he has play for e.g. Paul Mccartney

This is more along the lines of "skeletons in the closet" i guess.  One of the biggest WTF? moments for me was when I was watching an early interview with Professor Brian Cox. They mentioned his early musical career with D:REAM and then my jaw hit the floor when they mentioned his involvement with the Dare album "Blood From Stone". It was especially surprising considering I actually had the CD. When I checked it out, sure enough, there he was in all his permed hair glory.

5 hours ago, Doggy said:

Wasn't Max Martin, was known as someone else before change his name?

The Luke has a lot of people he has play for e.g. Paul Mccartney

Yep, Martin White. When he was the singer in the band It's Alive. His real name is  Karl Martin Sandberg.

4 hours ago, Darkstone said:

This is more along the lines of "skeletons in the closet" i guess.  One of the biggest WTF? moments for me was when I was watching an early interview with Professor Brian Cox. They mentioned his early musical career with D:REAM and then my jaw hit the floor when they mentioned his involvement with the Dare album "Blood From Stone". It was especially surprising considering I actually had the CD. When I checked it out, sure enough, there he was in all his permed hair glory.

Suprising indeed. I know D:REAM and this is very interesting.

And speaking of 'skeletons in the closet', the aforementioned Max Martin was singing hard rock in It's Alive back in the day. Now he has made himself huge on the pop/disco scene as a songwriter/producer.

Edited by Stefan

Lars Aass (bands Da Vinci and Return) - also ended up writing pop, his name is in credits of songs by S Club 7, Melanie C, Kylie Minogue. His name is fun too :)

Edited by Invisible_man

How any disguises has Desmond Child has used ?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• 2019 HH Donation Drive

Please support Heavy Harmonies! The donations goal is the out-of-pocket expenses to run the main site and this board for calendar year 2019.

63% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
    • New song and still a distinct lack of guitar, seems DV is going down the pop route.   
    • Dirty Rats - Rock "N" Roll. An Australian band for those don't know who overseas and locals.
    • No worries...I could have been less blunt with my original comment as well...
    • So sorry for the stupid comment. What I was trying to imply if you use to like EZN then not sure how you don’t like the new Donnie album. But yeah to each their own.
    • Michael Sweet = evil Gene Simmons haha At least Gene can contril his billshit most of the time.
    • Nah, Shiraz Lane are awesome. Loved Carnival Days, my equal top CD from last year with Roxanne. This new song is great as well. And they replied to my comment on the Facebook thread when they posted this, which is always nice to know that band is hearing you.
    • I've heard it once and it was pretty nice on first listen. Will take it with me today and give it a few more spins. Ironically, yesterday I was looking for some music to put on that was easy on the ears (we had customers) so I whacked on my best of Donnie Vie folder. Been so busy lately I'd forgotten I had the new album lol
    • Play         -3:31 Additional Visual Settings Enter Watch And ScrollClick to enlarge       Mute                     535 Views   Kivel Records 4 hrs The Brand New Single, from the upcoming SteelCity release "MACH II" Due Fall of 2019 on Kivel Records Featuring : Roy Cathey (Cold Sweat/The Fifth) on Lead Vocals! BJ Zampa (House of Lords/Maxx Explosion) on Drums! Jason Cornwell (Eric Martin Band) on Bass! And on Lead Guitar, Mike Floros!
    • From Frontiers: We get A LOT of questions about what Swedish rockers Cruzh have been up to and we are pleased to finally give you some answers! See below for a message from the band and enjoy this acoustic version of "Aim For The Head", showcasing their new singer, Alex Waghorn. We plan on releasing the band's next studio album in 2020.  “It’s been a while rockers! Some time ago we found ourselves lost on some bumpy roads, but now we’re back on track again, hungry for more rock n’ roll. We’re very happy to announce our new front diva (haha) Alex! He really, truly is the piece we’ve been missing from the start and the stuff we’re recording right now will surely knock your socks off. Our new acoustic version of 'Aim For The Head' is just a small hint of what’s to come…and a way for you guys to 'meet' Alex! Get ready for the resurrected, harder, better, stronger CRUZH.” - Dennis, Anton, & Matt “I’m truly happy to be in this band! After just a few days I felt like I was part of the CRUZH family. I’m looking forward to sharing the stage with these three amazing guys and of course to see all of you people on the road!” - Alex CRUZH: Alex Waghorn - vocals Dennis Butabi Borg - bass Anton Joensson - guitar Matt Silver – drums   www.facebook.com/cruzhofficial      
    • This is cool as fuck. Love the intro with the banjo. These guys are from Sydney. Jordan Von Grae - Vocals Odin Wolf - Guitar Tory Giamba - Bass Tomas Bateman - Drums   www.facebook.com/kvltsofvice    

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.