Silent Tiger - Ready For Attack

Stefan

From melodicrock.com:

SILENT TIGER is the next exciting chapter in the musical journey for MRR’s own Jean Funes, founding member and guitarist of Sound Of Eternity and Hearts On Fire.

With HOF vocalist Richard Andermyr working on new RIAN material this year, Jean asked to be put to work and who better to work with than another stalwart of MRR, vocalist David Cagle.

Together, along with master drummer Joel Mejia (Hearts On Fire), the trio forms SILENT TIGER.

SILENT TIGER are:

Jean Funes - Lead and Rhythm Guitars, Acoustic Guitar (Sound Of Eternity)

David Cagle - Vocals (Northrup Cagle, LastWorld)

Joel Mejia - Drums (Hearts On Fire, Codigo Eterno)

With:

Andreas Passmark - Bass

Dennis Ward - Keyboards

Jonas Oijvall - Keyboards

Jean Funes comments: “It has been a pleasure working with David on this album. He adds that amazing and powerful soulful voice and takes every song to another level. We’ve been working for months on the songs and its wonderful how the songs have developed naturally and have taken life on their own.  This album is going to have the right edge to it, but at the same time plenty of melody and uplifting songs. You will hear elements of Def Leppard, Van Halen, Dokken, Motley Crue, Europe and more, because every one of these bands are a big influence to us, but I think Silent Tiger is very original with its approach to rock music.”

Nello Dell’omo continued the family affair by once again creating band’s great logo and the cover artwork, which will be revealed shortly.

It is MRR and Silent Tiger’s pleasure to debut their first ever song, one which sets up the sound of the coming album. Please enjoy ‘Chasing The Wind’ in its entirety:

Edited by Stefan
  • Thanks 1

Not bad

On 7/16/2019 at 3:24 PM, Stefan said:

Artwork for 'Ready For Attack'.

silenttiger-readyforattack-1000.jpg

Out Feb 21 on MelodicRock Records.

Tracks:

01. Ready For Attack 
02. Come To Me 
03. Tearing Me Apart
04. Chasing The Wind 
05. Dream Come True 
06. Only Heartbreak 
07. After The Storm 
08. Start Again 
09. Edge Of Love 
10. Eyes Of Blazing Fire

• 1 month later...

I listened to this one today.  While not quite as good as Jean and Joel's other recent project, Hearts on Fire, it's still a solid release.   If you liked either of the promo tracks it's worth checking out as those are a good representation of the quality and style of the rest of the album.

I was one of those who pre ordered this way back in September.   It was released February 21......today is March 19 and I'm still waiting for my "pre ordered" copy direct from Melodicrock records!!!!! 

Not dreadful, but only a couple of keepers on this one. I think 'Dream come true' pretty much sums this album up. Drops in with that big stadium filling musical intro... That sounds like it was put together on a tape deck. Drops into a big stadium sing along chorus, that sounds like me singing in the shower. 

There's some okay ideas on this, but for the most part it's very limply put together and incredibly forgettable. :(

On 3/20/2020 at 12:51 AM, Delbert said:

I was one of those who pre ordered this way back in September.   It was released February 21......today is March 19 and I'm still waiting for my "pre ordered" copy direct from Melodicrock records!!!!! 

Hey Delbert - all pre-order CDs have now shipped. The new MRR guys I partnered with screwed up this and we now have some conversations to have to ensure this never happens again. Very pissed off, sorry!

12 hours ago, melodicrock said:

Can I quote your review for my next round of publicity?

Haha, sorry mate.

But yes, certainly. ;)

This is somewhat decent overall but weirdly no replay value,

what I mean is I can live with couple of songs like 'Start Again' and 'Come To Me' and don't mind if the rest are playing at the background while I'm working, but also don't mind either if those are not to be played ever

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/22/2020 at 5:39 PM, melodicrock said:

Hey Delbert - all pre-order CDs have now shipped. The new MRR guys I partnered with screwed up this and we now have some conversations to have to ensure this never happens again. Very pissed off, sorry!

Well, unfortunately, today is April 14....over three weeks since "all pre order CDs have now shipped"!!!   I have ordered from CD Japan 10 days ago and received my CD from them!!!   No Silent Tiger CD here though..........disgusting!!!

I hope the cash grab was worth it. New "partners" fucked up the Melodic Rock Fest name and now it appears they are fucking up Melodic Rock Records.

These new "partners" weren't vetted very good apparently.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/15/2020 at 9:11 AM, melodicrock said:

All talk and hot air so far. I'm beyond pissed off. But I was also ready to get out of this crummy business.

I'm assured that every copy went out (eventually). Let me know here if they don't arrive in another week/few weeks.

April 28.....it's been another two weeks and still waiting although I must admit, my patience is wearing thin.    I have to wonder now if this advance was a scam coming from a troubled web site?????    I can't imagine any organization being so complicated or large that those helping in advance financing of a CD release are TOTALLY IGNORED yet every retailer, who can bring in additional monies, has been provided with the finished product.    This is beyond disgusting  what has occurred......I almost feel like this is similiar to the Lonnie Holdaway affair.

Jesus mate, you said all this in an email to me. No one is getting scammed. The new team took over manufacturing and shipping of new titles from King Of Hearts onwards and I only just learnt that they've sent just half of these preorders out - "by mistake" (urgh). Either way its a fuck up and it makes me question the move to outsource - even though I don't want to be doing all that work for little return.

It will be fixed and would already have been done if not for postal systems now shut down, especially here in Oz. When things are back to normal the remaining CDs will be shipped.

Please keep in mind all the rough mixes, demos and the full digital advance album you had delivered back in October last year.

Edited by melodicrock

Sorry, my 'attitude' comes from being yelled at via email, only to come on here and read it again.

Anyone familiar with HH or MR knows me and knows I don't run 'scams' or rip people off.

The whole Silent Tiger episode has me extremely pissed off and frustrated. I'm sure that is obvious, so I apologise for any curtness. 

One thing is certain, those missing delivery of the CD will absolutely get one.

For the sake of setting the record straight.   I have e mailed Andrew at least 4 times concerning my not receiving the CD and each time I was assured it was mailed or taken care of.      This spanned several months beginning in March.   On this final e mail, Andrew has graciously issued a refund into my paypal account in order that I can purchase the CD locally.   As far as I am concerned, the matter is closed.   Thank you Andrew for the refund.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/2/2020 at 10:21 AM, Delbert said:

For the sake of setting the record straight.   I have e mailed Andrew at least 4 times concerning my not receiving the CD and each time I was assured it was mailed or taken care of.      This spanned several months beginning in March.   On this final e mail, Andrew has graciously issued a refund into my paypal account in order that I can purchase the CD locally.   As far as I am concerned, the matter is closed.   Thank you Andrew for the refund.

After 8 months patiently waiting, you should have gotten a refund AND the damn CD.