Sign in to follow this  
Stefan

Silent Tiger - Ready For Attack

silenttiger-logo-trans.png

From melodicrock.com:

SILENT TIGER is the next exciting chapter in the musical journey for MRR’s own Jean Funes, founding member and guitarist of Sound Of Eternity and Hearts On Fire.

With HOF vocalist Richard Andermyr working on new RIAN material this year, Jean asked to be put to work and who better to work with than another stalwart of MRR, vocalist David Cagle.

Together, along with master drummer Joel Mejia (Hearts On Fire), the trio forms SILENT TIGER.

SILENT TIGER are:

Jean Funes - Lead and Rhythm Guitars, Acoustic Guitar (Sound Of Eternity)

David Cagle - Vocals (Northrup Cagle, LastWorld)

Joel Mejia - Drums (Hearts On Fire, Codigo Eterno)

With:

Andreas Passmark - Bass

Dennis Ward - Keyboards

Jonas Oijvall - Keyboards

Jean Funes comments: “It has been a pleasure working with David on this album. He adds that amazing and powerful soulful voice and takes every song to another level. We’ve been working for months on the songs and its wonderful how the songs have developed naturally and have taken life on their own.  This album is going to have the right edge to it, but at the same time plenty of melody and uplifting songs. You will hear elements of Def Leppard, Van Halen, Dokken, Motley Crue, Europe and more, because every one of these bands are a big influence to us, but I think Silent Tiger is very original with its approach to rock music.”

Nello Dell’omo continued the family affair by once again creating band’s great logo and the cover artwork, which will be revealed shortly.

It is MRR and Silent Tiger’s pleasure to debut their first ever song, one which sets up the sound of the coming album. Please enjoy ‘Chasing The Wind’ in its entirety:

Edited by Stefan
  • Thanks 1

Not bad

Artwork for 'Ready For Attack'.

silenttiger-readyforattack-1000.jpg

On 7/16/2019 at 3:24 PM, Stefan said:

Artwork for 'Ready For Attack'.

silenttiger-readyforattack-1000.jpg

Out Feb 21 on MelodicRock Records.

Tracks:

01. Ready For Attack 
02. Come To Me 
03. Tearing Me Apart
04. Chasing The Wind 
05. Dream Come True 
06. Only Heartbreak 
07. After The Storm 
08. Start Again 
09. Edge Of Love 
10. Eyes Of Blazing Fire

I listened to this one today.  While not quite as good as Jean and Joel's other recent project, Hearts on Fire, it's still a solid release.   If you liked either of the promo tracks it's worth checking out as those are a good representation of the quality and style of the rest of the album.

I was one of those who pre ordered this way back in September.   It was released February 21......today is March 19 and I'm still waiting for my "pre ordered" copy direct from Melodicrock records!!!!! 

Not dreadful, but only a couple of keepers on this one. I think 'Dream come true' pretty much sums this album up. Drops in with that big stadium filling musical intro... That sounds like it was put together on a tape deck. Drops into a big stadium sing along chorus, that sounds like me singing in the shower. 

There's some okay ideas on this, but for the most part it's very limply put together and incredibly forgettable. :(

On 3/20/2020 at 12:51 AM, Delbert said:

I was one of those who pre ordered this way back in September.   It was released February 21......today is March 19 and I'm still waiting for my "pre ordered" copy direct from Melodicrock records!!!!! 

Hey Delbert - all pre-order CDs have now shipped. The new MRR guys I partnered with screwed up this and we now have some conversations to have to ensure this never happens again. Very pissed off, sorry!

On 3/20/2020 at 8:01 AM, Geoff said:

Not dreadful.....for the most part it's very limply put together and incredibly forgettable. :(

Can I quote your review for my next round of publicity?

12 hours ago, melodicrock said:

Can I quote your review for my next round of publicity?

Haha, sorry mate.

But yes, certainly. ;)

This is somewhat decent overall but weirdly no replay value,

what I mean is I can live with couple of songs like 'Start Again' and 'Come To Me' and don't mind if the rest are playing at the background while I'm working, but also don't mind either if those are not to be played ever

Despite my above commentary I think was the closest they got to getting it right;