Sign in to follow this  
Dave

What's a spinnin' in your DVD player ?

Styx - The Grand Illusion/Pieces Of Eight Live (Blu-ray)

They are probably my favourite band along with Rush, so I' m a little biased, even though the legendary Dennis DeYoung is no longer with Styx, this show is top quality, sound and picture are excellent, the performance is for me brilliant, they sound so good.

Highlights for me were the stunning versions of Man In The Wilderness, Castle Walls, original studio intro to Miss America, Queen Of Spades and Pieces Of Eight/Aku Aku. :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

They are probably my favourite band along with Rush, so I' m a little biased, even though the legendary Dennis DeYoung is no longer with Styx, this show is top quality, sound and picture are excellent, the performance is for me brilliant, they sound so good.

Highlights for me were the stunning versions of Man In The Wilderness, Castle Walls, original studio intro to Miss America, Queen Of Spades and Pieces Of Eight/Aku Aku.

:bowdown:

I am considering pick up this DVD. I've already got 2 other STYX Live DVDs so I'm on the fence on this one. I may pick it up just because the two I have are with Dennis DeYoung. I've seen STYX maybe 4 times live with Gowan and think that he was just the shot in the arm this band needed. I know not many will agree, but I believe Gowan is much better than DeYoung at this stage in his career. Even today STYX is a great live band.

Highlights for me were the stunning versions of Man In The Wilderness, Castle Walls, original studio intro to Miss America, Queen Of Spades and Pieces Of Eight/Aku Aku.

I am considering pick up this DVD. I've already got 2 other STYX Live DVDs so I'm on the fence on this one. I may pick it up just because the two I have are with Dennis DeYoung. I've seen STYX maybe 4 times live with Gowan and think that he was just the shot in the arm this band needed. I know not many will agree, but I believe Gowan is much better than DeYoung at this stage in his career. Even today STYX is a great live band.

I agree.

A boot of Southgang on their Group Therapy Tour :beerbang:

Mafia

Then pick it up mate, I`ve seen Styx twice with Gowan and he was excellent, this show for me is better than the Caught In The Act and Return to Paradise dvd`s as the song selection is better :tumbsup:

Then pick it up mate, I`ve seen Styx twice with Gowan and he was excellent, this show for me is better than the Caught In The Act and Return to Paradise dvd`s as the song selection is better :tumbsup:

Hey Faron! Hmm, I didn't know this was out, gotta find it quick!

Last on the dvd player:

Fender Guitar 50th anniversary 'The Strat Pack'

Hi Richie, this is so good :beerbang:

Accept - Stalingrad DVD

Weapons-Freedom Hill Live

Alter Bridge - Live At Wembley

Amazing!

Hi Richie, this is so good :beerbang:

Yes it is, Faron! Amazing stuff :beerbang:

Scorpions - Get Your Sting & Blackout Live (Blu-ray)

Still one of the best live bands after nearly 40 years, this Blu-ray is as good as you get, brilliant sound and visually stunning, a superb performance of some of their best post Roth era songs. :bowdown:

Quiet Riot - Live! At The U.S. Festival

Yngwie Malmsteen - Live!!

Dokken~ Live from the Sun

Motley Crue - Greatest Hits