Gathering Of Kings - Discovery

Stefan

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Glen said:

musically I LOVE it.

but....I am not feelin those lyrics at All :(

That’s because English is your first language....not so for the members of GOK. 😂

• 2 weeks later...

I don't really understand why these guys go with such heavy, typical 70s imagery and artwork when, thankfully, the music is in no way that way inclined. The new stuff sounds great. I'll expect this to be better than the debut. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/24/2020 at 10:20 PM, zacharyamelie said:

That’s because English is your first language....not so for the members of GOK. 😂

I saw them live last summer and I was stunned when Rick Altzi and Apollo started speaking Swedish on stage. I thought they were German and Greek respectively. 

3 hours ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

Took them years to assemble. Are we to expect an album a year, now?

I hope not. I've liked about 4 songs so far 

It's not flawless, but it's a good album. Few songs miss the mark, but there's also some very nice stuff on here too. Great sound/production too. 'Kiss from Above' and 'From a Whisper to a Scream' are my favourites, I'll pass on 4-6 and 9... but the rest are all quite good. Good solid album, but I don't think I'll think quite as highly of it as some. 

I think the solo-ing on this one is amazing. The solo on Riders of the Light is my favourite, but all through the album the guitar work is beyond fantastic. 

And that goes for the whole thing, but the solos takes it an extra step. 

Also love the driving rhythms throughout. Vocal harmonies also spice things up. 

In short: I love it. 

I really enjoyed this one, pretty much on par with the first album.  I would have preferred they used one vocalist throughout, as the inconsistencies in that area can detract at times.  But just a bit of nitpicking on my part.

• 5 weeks later...

The first album promised much and was a great album. This goes to the next level...brilliant from start to finish. This genre of music doesn't get much better than this.

• 5 months later...