Tokyo Motor Fist - Lions

Stefan

Nice, can't wait

18 hours ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

The debut was great, but I still think they can do better. 

Agree....Especially on the production/sonics.  Hopefully they can beef things up so the drums don't sound like tin cans in spots.  I'm rarely concerned with production and it generally isn't something I notice....But I noticed it on this release as overall it just sounds very "thin".

Still dug the first release and listened to it plenty though and would expect to like the next one.

Its humourous that a few years ago, Bruno and Paul did their side project, The Defiants and the next year Ted does this side project.

Now the new Defiants album is coming this year, so these guys have a new album coming next year.

Why cant we just get a new D2 album if these guys are still up for recording stuff? ha ha

1 hour ago, Captain Howdy said:

Its humourous that a few years ago, Bruno and Paul did their side project, The Defiants and the next year Ted does this side project.

Now the new Defiants album is coming this year, so these guys have a new album coming next year.

Why cant we just get a new D2 album if these guys are still up for recording stuff? ha ha

Agree, but I want ALL 3!!!

• 2023 Gold Donors

That raises an interesting question. If there was a new D2 album, who would you prefer on vocals? I really don't know, although I'm ever so slightly leaning towards Paul. Some sort of dual vocal role for both would be ideal, but probably too complicated to organize. 

16 hours ago, Darkstone said:

That raises an interesting question. If there was a new D2 album, who would you prefer on vocals? I really don't know, although I'm ever so slightly leaning towards Paul. Some sort of dual vocal role for both would be ideal, but probably too complicated to organize. 

It would be Ted for me. Paul is great of course, I just prefer Ted.

• 2023 Gold Donors
3 hours ago, The Rocker said:

It would be Ted for me. Paul is great of course, I just prefer Ted.

It really is a hard one. I guess in the "pure" sense of D2, you'd have to go with Ted. Either one would be great. Perhaps some sort of Allen/Lande concept album type project? 

• My Little Pony
52 minutes ago, Glen said:

Defiants > TMF

imho 

Yup. But there's enough talent in TMF that the next album could turn that around. 

Awesome news. Agree with most everything in this thread.

Slight tweak to production quality and the new album would be amazing. 

And new D2 album would and could only ever be Ted for me. Laine is great, but Ted always has been and always will be the voice of D2. No brainer for me. :)

7 hours ago, Geoff said:

And new D2 album would and could only ever be Ted for me. Laine is great, but Ted always has been and always will be the voice of D2. No brainer for me. :)

I feel the same way....

I do think Paul is the better vocalist but do feel like Ted is the voice of Danger Danger.

Frankly, I kinda like it the way it is now with the Defiants and TMF.....that way we get two great bands and double the good music ;)

• 2023 Gold Donors

At the end of the day we get what is basically an album with the D2 musicians and Paul Laine on vocals and another album that has a D2 feel with Ted Poley on vocals so it's win/win.

I prefer TMF.  Nothing against Laine... I liked that solo album from back in the day quite a bit.

But I absolutely LOVED me some D2 back in the day.  Wore the debut "cassette" completely out and had to buy a replacement on CD in the early 90's.  One of the greatest melodic rock debut recordings of all time.  Had it been released in 1987 instead of 1989, more people than just those of us on this site (and those who remember NN from MTV) would still be fans.  BRILLIANT.

16 hours ago, Geoff said:

Yep

From Frontiers:

Tokyo Motor Fist, the band featuring Danger Danger vocalist Ted Poley and TRIXTER guitarist Steve Brown, have announced that they have signed with Frontiers Music Srl for a follow-up album to their 2017 self-titled debut. The release is expected sometime in 2020.

Guitarist and producer Steve Brown says, “Rejoice FISTonians worldwide! My lion’s of the melodic rock world, TOKYO MOTOR FIST, have re-signed with the legendary Frontiers and are about to begin recording our second album! After the overwhelming success of our debut, Ted, Chuck, Greg, and I are more than ready and roaring to unleash a new TMF album."

"I am so excited to start production on the second TMF album! I was super happy with the success of the first album and I can't wait to start recording the follow up! Time to show the world that TMF is a real band, not just a "one off" project! See us LIVE on the road in 2020," adds vocalist Ted Poley.

"Since hearing the news just a few days ago that Tokyo Motor Fist will be doing a second album for our friends at Frontier Records, I have been pumped beyond words! Well...one word does come to mind...JOY!!!! TMF is one of the coolest bands and most fun projects I’ve ever been involved with. Since it’s inception, TMF has fulfilled a lifetime goal of mine which was to be in a great band playing great music where everyone not only gets along, but truly respects and cares for each other, a-a-a-and is awesome at their craft! For me the sky is the limit with what TMF will achieve in the future. With the vision and multi-talents of Steve Brown again at the helm, the powerhouse vocals of Ted Poley, the thunderous bass of Greg Smith caressing my drumming and the support of Frontiers, we are poised to rock the world with the follow-up to our debut album. It’s gonna be wicked good!!" enthuses drummer Chuck Burgi

Bassist Greg Smith adds, "Words can’t express how excited I am to do another album with my brothers in TMF! As much fun as it was doing the debut album, the fact that we actually got to play these songs in front of audiences proved to me what I knew in my heart: this was not just a one off deal and the material would resonate with audiences at our live performances. I’m very much looking forward to the recording process and even more excited to play the new tunes in front of fans after it is released! Feel The Fist!"

The band's self-titled debut is available now to buy or stream. See the music video for "Picking Up The Pieces" from the band's debut here:https://youtu.be/Pwz4TDMprFo The video will transport you back to the glory days of watching MTV during the '80s, patiently waiting for your favorite hard rock videos to come on!

You don't need to be a die-hard '80s metal fan to know that the fruits of an artistic alliance between Danger Danger singer Ted Poley and guitarist/producer Steve Brown of TRIXTER is going to make melodic rock fans rejoice! Indeed, Tokyo Motor Fist is exactly what you would expect: catchy and uplifting hard rock, the way it should be. You want big - we mean, BIG - hooks? You got 'em. What about major guitar riffs? Of course there's plenty of those. Killer rhythm section? Well, with Greg Smith (Ted Nugent , Rainbow , Alice Cooper ) and Chuck Burgi (Rainbow, Blue Oyster Cult , Joe Lynn Turner ) you simply can't go wrong!

Tokyo Motor Fist
Ted Poley - Vocals
Steve Brown - Guitars, Vocals
Greg Smith - Bass guitar
Chuck Burgi - drums

• 4 months later...
On 5/2/2019 at 9:18 PM, lettard said:

Happy days,we just need another Marcello/Vestry cd and it'll be a hat-trick of DD related material lol.

Exactly what I have been thinking too haha. I love the Marcello/Vestry album more than TMF and The Defiants' debut albums. Personally I find it even better than most DD albums. It's one of my fave melodic rock albums of all time. 

17 hours ago, Ponen said:

Exactly what I have been thinking too haha. I love the Marcello/Vestry album more than TMF and The Defiants' debut albums. Personally I find it even better than most DD albums. It's one of my fave melodic rock albums of all time. 

Agree - it's a magnificent album.