Jump to content
Stefan

The Defiants - Zokusho

Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, Eric3 said:

Yeah I've listened to this about a dozen times now and it's probably the album of the year unless Work of Art really comes through.

Not that this has been a great year for AOR (Frontiers in particular), but still.

Best thing this year is the new Neal Morse Band album, but if you're not a Prog fan it's prolly not on your radar. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

Best thing this year is the new Neal Morse Band album, but if you're not a Prog fan it's prolly not on your radar. 

Oh, I actually am but not nearly as much as I used to be. Not sure if it will do anything for me but I'll check it out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've settled on about an 81% for this one initially too. Very nice album. Love that 'Hollywood in Headlights' jam. That and 'Fallin' for you' are my faves. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

not even worth putting a % on this. All I know is it's easily the best melodic rock album so far this year.

only Crazy Lixx comes close.

these 2 are the only albums I'm likely to still be spinning in 12 months time. 

I love the Cats in Space as well but I know most here don't like the band so I'm only including pure melodic rock in this discussion 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Glen said:

not even worth putting a % on this. All I know is it's easily the best melodic rock album so far this year.

only Crazy Lixx comes close.

these 2 are the only albums I'm likely to still be spinning in 12 months time. 

I love the Cats in Space as well but I know most here don't like the band so I'm only including pure melodic rock in this discussion 

It's basically the Defiants and Crazy Lixx and then everything else.  For me it's basically a coin flip on these two...Both great albums....Just depends on my mood as to which one I want to listen to.  If I have to choose, I think I'd give it to Crazy Lixx just because it annoys me slightly the Defiants put that silly Drink Up tune on the album.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, tts42572 said:

It's basically the Defiants and Crazy Lixx and then everything else.  For me it's basically a coin flip on these two...Both great albums....Just depends on my mood as to which one I want to listen to.  If I have to choose, I think I'd give it to Crazy Lixx just because it annoys me slightly the Defiants put that silly Drink Up tune on the album.

It's definitely Crazy Lixx and the he Defiants for my 1 and 2 for the year.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is a letdown after their first release. Too many patchy tracks even though individual components - vocals, guitars, production etc. are top notch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/27/2019 at 4:13 PM, DaHun72 said:

This is a letdown after their first release. Too many patchy tracks even though individual components - vocals, guitars, production etc. are top notch.

I agree. I mean, what were they thinking with that banjo solo in "Stay"... and the bagpipes were completely out of place in "Fallin' for You". I get that they want to be creative and "edgy" but the incessant rap drops were just a bit too much.

What's that?... oh... yeah, apparently I'm not listening to the same album everyone else is either. :lol:

Seriously though, about the last word I would use to describe this album is "patchy". Far from it.

P.S. How did Geoff's penis get stuck in your ears... Aussie meet-up?

:geoffadillos:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

patchy? the last song maybe.....the first 10 are delicious slices of melodic rock 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Its a good album, but really not doing anything for me. Even bought the Japanese version, so I really did wanna love it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't see how you can like melodic rock and not like this album. 

it's awesome. 

(except the last track ;) )

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Glen said:

I don't see how you can like melodic rock and not like this album. 

it's awesome. 

(except the last track ;) )

Agreed. Top notch stuff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hm... I can understand if you're disappointed, if it didn't meet your expectations. But I can't agree with someone saying it isn't good. @Captain Howdy didn't say it was no good. Just doesn't appear to be meeting his expectations. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Glen said:

I don't see how you can like melodic rock and not like this album. 

it's awesome. 

(except the last track ;) )

I could say the same thing when you aren't blown away or dislike an album I do.

Everyone has personal tastes, and this one is just ok for me. Nothing special about it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I enjoy this album more every time I hear it. Love it, including the last track. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For those not digging this album, give it some more ear time... as some have mentioned, it's a grower.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, heavyharmonies said:

For those not digging this album, give it some more ear time... as some have mentioned, it's a grower.

Some of those choruses just embed themselves in your brain.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, AlphaMale said:

Some of those choruses just embed themselves in your brain.

Hollywood in Headlights has one of the best I've ever heard.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Eric3 said:

Hollywood in Headlights has one of the best I've ever heard.

I agree. The song is a beauty. And the last 60+ seconds of the song is even more beautiful. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Eric3 said:

Hollywood in Headlights has one of the best I've ever heard.

I'm more partial to "U X'd My Heart," but, yeah, can't really go wrong with either. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

'Hollywood in Headlights' is by far my favourite song on the (entirely excellent) album. Initially thought it was awesome but a little contrived. Now it's just pure, perfect bliss. 'U X'd My Heart' is probably one of the few that hasn't stacked up quite as well as others, but still a great tune. 

'Hollywood in Headlights' is why I listen to music, though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Geoff said:

'Hollywood in Headlights' is by far my favourite song on the (entirely excellent) album. Initially thought it was awesome but a little contrived. Now it's just pure, perfect bliss. 'U X'd My Heart' is probably one of the few that hasn't stacked up quite as well as others, but still a great tune. 

'Hollywood in Headlights' is why I listen to music, though. 

First 5 are FANTASTIC add in X'ed My Heart, all interchangeable for the best of the album for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What shock me, their first one is deleted  already.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Doggy said:

What shock me, their first one is deleted  already.

It's not. Can still easily order it from Amazon UK and Frontiers webstore still selling it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been listening to this one a lot this week.  Highlights for me are 'Hollywood in Headlights' and 'Fallin' For You'.  Excellent band!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Posts

    • Not so fast my friend. Hold on a minute...... Without a single noteworthy release in 2020 out yet, these are ridiculous proclamations! 
    • Fap fap fap fap fap... 2020 could wind up being the very year for releases that 2019 wasn't.
    • Mediocre song, mediocre vocals.  Guy sounds like a lesser version of about seven different singers.
    • Yep, that's a good start.
    • I dig that song.  Want to hear more.
    • Yeaaah...I hate that solo.  For me, the second half of that song is awful.  The first is off the charts great.  That signature riff?  Incredible.  But when it slows down, it dies.
    • Paul  mixes both Wicked and Radio Sun, Steve features in both. Don't if he got digs down here, it mainly Melbourne where he based .Also he might come down to get a suntan (lol).  
    • From facebook: ”THE DARK DELIGHT” out on April 3rd! Swedish melodic metal band DYNAZTY to release new album ”THE DARK DELIGHT” on April 3rd. First single ”PRESENCE OF MIND” out on January 30th. Formed in Stockholm, Sweden in 2008, DYNAZTY has since released 6 albums in a mere 10 year window.  Straying from their early days of 80’s influenced Hardrock, the band has developed and refined their sound into something that merges the modern metal scene with the past, crafting something wholly unique. Today the band is comprised of highly respected and sought after musicians, active on the metal scene in more than one way. Bassist Jonathan Olsson can also be seen in both LINDEMANN and PAIN, guitarist Love Magnusson and drummer Georg Härnsten Egg frequently tours with rock legends such as DEE SNIDER and JOE LYNN TURNER. Guitarist Mikael Lavér has been featured with both LINDEMANN and JOE LYNN TURNER, while singer Nils Molin can be heard and seen around the globe with the ever rising star of fellow Swedish band AMARANTHE. DYNAZTY are now on April 3rd set to release their biggest and most engrossing album yet - ”THE DARK DELIGHT”. Singer Nils Molin says about the album: ”We pulled out all the stops, pulled no punches and held nothing back on this one. ”THE DARK DELIGHT” is the complete vision of what this band has always wanted to be”.   Spearheaded by the first single/music video ”PRESENCE OF MIND”, DYNAZTY enters the new decade with a bang. The single and music video of PRESENCE OF MIND will be released on all platforms on January 30th. ”PRESENCE OF MIND showcases the raw nature of our band and is just the kind of groovy and melodic onslaught of a song we always wanted to release as a first single”.  
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.