THE DIRT. (Motley Crue biopic)

Darkstone

Saw it yesterday, didn't expect a lot but was hoping that the actors would do a better job than what I saw in the trailer. But the performances weren't very convincing I thought, actually I laughed the most during the credits when they showed old footage of the real Crüe (footage I was already familiar with but was still fun to see)

The Dirt.. pretty good all in, awful first 20 minutes, but it gets going and does a pretty good job (based on the book) with good attention to detail, although, as with Bo Rap, the timeline maybe out somewhat. It’s a bit overplayed and cheesy in spots , but it’s a difficult job trying to capture this story in a realistic way I suppose. Over all, really enjoyable. Oh!! ’Theatre Of Pain’ is still a shit album though. My 5 pence worth if anyone cares .. I thank you and goodnight😏

Watched this last night and enjoyed it for what it was,even with the kinda Waynes World feel to the whole talking to the camera and such from Mick  :)

On 3/25/2019 at 7:11 AM, Jez said:

The Dirt.. pretty good all in, awful first 20 minutes, but it gets going and does a pretty good job (based on the book) with good attention to detail, although, as with Bo Rap, the timeline maybe out somewhat. It’s a bit overplayed and cheesy in spots , but it’s a difficult job trying to capture this story in a realistic way I suppose. Over all, really enjoyable. Oh!! ’Theatre Of Pain’ is still a shit album though. My 5 pence worth if anyone cares .. I thank you and goodnight😏

I still dug it and want to watch again.

I quoted Jez here for the Theatre of Pain jab and agreed it is the week link, but in the movie were Vince says hey this album has no hits on it and the manager goes well its got Smokin' in the Boys Room... pure comedy gold.

Another 'enjoyed it' here. 

Plenty missed but I guess they'll never get everything in. You'd think Pamela Anderson would be mentioned. Didn't hear 'T-bone' bone used either. 

Slightly sugared down, not as Dirty as it was, and I'm sure the timeline didn't match reality but hey ho.

I am concerned about films coming out about events that happened in my lifetime. Makes one feel old. 

I disagree with all the Theatre Of Pain is shit talk.

I like it. Not their best, but still good.

City Boy Blues --- crappy
Smokin' In The Boys Room --- great
Louder Than Hell --- great
Keep Your Eye On the Money --- great
Home Sweet Home --- great
Tonight (We Need a Lover) --- great
Use It or Lose It ----- great
Save Our Souls --- good
Raise Your Hands to Rock --- great
Fight for Your Rights --- average

'Theatre of Pain' is a pretty poor album, but to be fair about a band I really like... it wasn't that much worse than their other stuff, lol. Love 'Dr Feelgood' but all their other albums were patchy at absolute best. I guess the man thing about 'Theatre Of Pain' is that it doesn't actually have any decent songs on it (sorry to those who think it does ;) ) whereas all their others do have a few awesome tunes. 

Anyway, just finished up with the movie. Love it. Yes, it was terrible and the acting was weak and they skipped over some pretty significant periods, but it was cool. Like someone said, ideally you'd want a several part series, but for what it was it was cool. I'd have personally liked a bit more on the albums and how they came about, and that whole period from 1990 until I guess, 1997 or so was basically covered in the click of a finger or two. Nothing at all on Vince's solo stuff... I dunno, it's a movie and all that, but it'd be cool to see some more.

But, for what it's worth, it was good stuff. Their's is undoubtedly an interesting story, and it was cool to see it on film.