Whitesnake - Flesh & Blood coming 10th May 2019

lettard

On 5/10/2019 at 7:05 PM, Deuce said:

I've listened to it 5-10 times already. I love it! I'm very impressed. The songs are fun and the solos are INSANE. It's my favorite album of the year so far.

Mine too now.  Lord Coverdale back on form. A fitting end to the snake. He should hang his snake up now. 

Listened to this album this past weekend...

Just okay for me.  There's a few tunes I kinda like but not much really grabbing me.  For me though, I was never a huge Whitesnake fan.  I liked a couple albums back in the mid to late 80's with their "hits" but not really a band I ever heavily got into for whatever reason.

I could see fans of Whitesnake digging this album though.  It does rock pretty good and features some excellent guitar work.  As a Def Leppard fan, I'd probably be on cloud 9 if they came out with a rocking album like this.

I kinda find it like the new End Machine album.  Both sound good for what they are....basically straight ahead, guitar driven rock with a little bluesy style mixed in.  Neither really excited me though....I'm a sucker for a big melodic sound, harmonies, backing vocals, hooks, etc....And not hearing a lot of that. 

Part of my problem might also might be that I was listening to the new Crazy Lixx album this weekend and that album was knocking my socks off.....tough to focus attention on something else when I can't get that album out of my head :headbanger:

• 8 months later...

Didn't comment much on this through the year, but I thought this was really a pretty cool album. Quite a few keepers on it. Surprisingly enjoyable. 

2 hours ago, CureTheSane said:

This is an actual photo of David Coverdale when he was recording this song....
Seriously, WTF is up with all the breathing iun this album? Weird.

end-stage-copd.thumb.jpg.a45abb5df9b061eeb3c515b8807bfca1.jpg

PMSL.

in all seriousness though he's always done it !!!

This from the 80s -

24 minutes ago, Glen said:

once you hear it you can't unhear it 

I know right.

I'm hoping that if I dump the CD for a month or so and then pick it up again I'll have forgotten about this and won't notice.

50 minutes ago, CureTheSane said:

I know right.

I'm hoping that if I dump the CD for a month or so and then pick it up again I'll have forgotten about this and won't notice.

I think u just need to accept that Coverdale has always done this and always will :(