Art Nation - Transition

Stefan

Better than the first song for me....But generally I'm not caring for either song very much.

I've always been a little lukewarm on these guys.  Liked a couple songs on the first album but never bought it.  I did buy Liberation but I rarely listen to it.  And based upon what I've heard so far the next album probably will be off my radar.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't mind it. Prefer they went heavier and more modern (not a term I generally like) than a try hard H.E.A.T clone they were originally. But maybe that's because I like H.E.A.T a lot ?!?!?

8 hours ago, AlphaMale said:

??

Not caring for it.

On 8/10/2019 at 9:12 PM, The Rocker said:

Not caring for it.

Oh, I thought you meant you were all set for it to be released, looking forward to it. 

I'm also not a fan at all. Just a really weak song, imo. 

Just listened to the Art Nation samples on Amazon and have to say im disappointed with the songs and overall direction they're taking  on from the classic debut! Liberation had its moments but edging away from Melodic Rock to Modern Metal for me... why do they all seem to to this.. and gradually lose the fans they made in first place!!! Not sure if im gonna buy this one!! Shame!!

There are glimpses of the old Art Nation, but another great band down the drain!!!  PASS

On 8/13/2019 at 3:42 PM, Iain B said:

Liberation had its moments but edging away from Melodic Rock to Modern Metal for me... why do they all seem to to this.. and gradually lose the fans they made in first place!!! Not sure if im gonna buy this one!! Shame!!

I am not a big fan of Metal, but these songs have solid pop melodies, still sounds very commercial... I like :)

Edited by Invisible_man

• 1 month later...

Wow, you guys are calling out their demise quite early. They were never the best band in the world by a longshot, and to my ears they don't seem to have pulled a Jettblack! I'll be giving the new one a try when it comes out.

• 4 weeks later...

Listened to this album and not sure I have much desire to listen to it again.

Dynzaty is probably a great comparison.

Definitely heavier and more modernized than Liberation and a long way from where the style they had on the debut. 

I think Infected is probably the only tune on the album i really like....Everything works pretty well in that tune for me and it's probably the only song that I might come back to.  Firefly isn't too bad.  The rest is just kinda all over the place for me and not very memorable or grabbing me.

I don't mind that they've gone heavier...but they seem to have lost catchiness with choruses, pre-choruses, etc.  

Jeepers...what happened to these guys,loved Revolution,wasnt  mad on Liberation but this a different kettle of fish,they sound like theyre tryin to be H.E.A.T at times and Dynazty at times without actually hitting it,also on this they have a few that remind me of Evanescence... :(  can safetly say I'll never listen to this again.

Edited by lettard

4 hours ago, lettard said:

Jeepers...what happened to these guys,loved Revolution,wasnt  mad on Liberation but this a different kettle of fish,they sound like theyre tryin to be H.E.A.T at times and Dynazty at times without actually hitting it,also on this they have a few that remind me of Evanescence... :(  can safetly say I'll never listen to this again.

Agreed. Very disappointing. The few Dynazty type tracks are probably the best of the bunch but I am not really liking this disc at all.

I want the debut band back pronto!

I like this better than I thought I would listening to the singles when they came out. I currently rate it at 4.5 put of 6. It might be a grower. Some fine melodies and choruses. I like the sound of the guitars too, as well as the solos, have me air guitar-ing. 

Edited by Mafisen