Hardline - Life

Stefan

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't mind it,thought the worst when reading the comments but its not as bad as I'd imagined,hopefully the next will be better but I aint holding out much hope I'm afraid.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Stefan said:

Video for 'Take A Chance'.

In listening to this again, it does sound a little closer to the early Hardline sound than they have in awhile, I like it

Edited by Crazysam

6 minutes ago, lettard said:

Yeah,as I pointed out earlier in the thread I don't mind it...not mind blowing but still fine to my ears.

agreed, not great, but solid tune, it didn't really click for me the first time I listened to it but having given it another chance today I enjoyed it more

47 minutes ago, Crazysam said:

agreed, not great, but solid tune, it didn't really click for me the first time I listened to it but having given it another chance today I enjoyed it more

Nothing wrong with the song(I do hope there are better though).

100% filler to my ears. It does sound distinctly familiar, though. Can't pick the tune but jeez it sounds like I've more or less heard the song before. 

Anyway, it does definitely have a debut vibe to it - just sounds like one of the left-overs that wouldn't even have been considered in the top 30 choice cuts to make the album. ;)

• 4 weeks later...

ok,will probably sound better in the context of an album,but atm im not feeling the new material at all  :( find it ironic that the new disc is called "life" when for me the life of band ,as in its sound now, is nowhere near the energetic and fun sound of the debut that made them such as a favourite within HH.

Edited by lettard

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah definitely better than the last few releases...which isn't that hard tbh...but it sounds better than I thought it would...enjoyable disc

I actually really like the last 2 albums, and for me this fits in very nicely. The only album I don't care for is Leaving The End Open,

17 minutes ago, The Rocker said:

The only album I don't care for is Leaving The End Open,

Yeah,that was a completely different animal all together,nothing like any other Hardline release.

Decent production and good sound, but there's no songs that really stand out here for me. 'Out of time' and 'Handful of sand' are the best, but still don't really cross the line for me. :(

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/5/2019 at 12:30 AM, Glen said:

decent but ultimately underwhelming 

I've listened a few times and don't remember a single song. It's just got nothing that pulls you in despite not having anything terrible on it. 

I think this album is alright but none of the tracks really stand out to me.  Pretty much every album before this has had one or more tracks that I thought were killed.  Not so much with this one.  And I *really* don't get the pre-release hype comparing this to "Double Eclipse".  It's not even in the same stratosphere in terms of quality or the sound.