Restless Spirits (Tony Hernando) - s/t

Stefan

maxresdefault.jpg

From Frontiers:

Tony Hernando (Lords Of Black) will release his new side project, Restless Spirits this spring. Tony shows another side of his songwriting on this project by showcasing some melodic hard rock songs as well as some beautiful ballads. Guest vocalists on the project include Deen Castronovo (Revolution Saints, The Dead Daisies), Johnny Gioeli (Hardline), Dino Jelusic (Animal Drive), Kent Hilli (Perfect Plan), Diego Valdez (Dream Child), and Alessandro Del Vecchio (Hardline). 

More details coming soon.....

• 1 month later...

From Frontiers:

Lords of Black guitarist Tony Hernando is one of the most exciting guitarists, writers, and producers in the European metal and rock scene today. With his many talents, it was a natural next step for him to stretch out and work on a solo album after the promotional cycle for Lords of Black third album, “Icons of the New Days” wrapped up. Hernando has always been passionate about melodic hard rock music, so the idea of pairing him with some of the best singers from his fellow labelmates' bands to lay their vocals over his songwriting seemed not only logical, but destiny. Thus, Restless Spirits was born and the self-titled debut will now be released on May 17, 2019.

Aside from Hilli, guest vocalists include none other than Johnny Gioeli (Hardline, Axel Rudi Pell), Deen Castronovo (Revolution Saints, ex-Journey), Dino Jelusic (Animal Drive), Alessandro Del Vecchio (Hardline), and Diego Valdez (Dream Child and now, the new vocalist for Hernando's main project, Lords of Black). In addition to vocal duties, Deen Castronovo also takes care of drums on every track. 

Hernando says, "Restless Spirits is a melodic hard rock record featuring several singers that showcases some different sides of my playing and songwriting. We have rockers, ballads, and everything in between. I had the opportunity to work and co-write with some of the best guys in the business. I hope everyone can enjoy this album as much as I did recording it!”

Restless Spirits is an album that showcases some of the most outstanding vocal talents operating in the melodic hard rock scene right now, while also offering truly exciting and adventurous melodic hard rock songwriting. Enjoy!

Tracklisting:

1. Stop Livin' To Live Online (Johnny Gioeli on Vocals)
2. Unbreakable (Deen Castronovo on Vocals)
3. I Remember Your Name (Kent Hilli on Vocals)
4. 'Cause I Know You're The One (Dino Jelusic on Vocals)
5. Nothing I Could Give To You (Johnny Gioeli on Vocals)
6. Calling You (Deen Castronovo on Vocals)
7. Live To Win (Deen Castronovo on Vocals)
8. You And I (Alessandro Del Vecchio on Vocals)
9. When It Comes To You (Alessandro Del Vecchio on Vocals)
10. Lost Time (Not To Be Found Again) (Dino Jelusic on Vocals)
11. In The Realm Of The Black Rose (Diego Valdez on Vocals)

PRODUCED BY : Tony Hernando
MIXED BY: Dani Luna

Tony Hernando: All Guitars, Bass, Keyboards except where noted.
Deen Castronovo: Drums, Lead vocals on 2,6,7
Johnny Gioeli: Lead Vocals on 1, 5
Alessandro Del Vecchio: Lead Vocals on 8, 9, Background Vocals on 2,6,7
Diego Valdez: Lead Vocals on 11, BV on 2,3,6,7
Kent Hilli: Lead Vocals on 3
Dino Jelusic: Lead Vocals on 4,10
Victor Diez: Piano and Keyboards on 2,5,6,11
Leif Elhin: Keyboards on 3

That sounds great.....Ken has a fantastic voice and I dig hearing him singing a heavier tune.  If he were doing vocals on every track I'd be all over this.

Probably won't be picking up this release though.  I'm generally not real fond of these types of project CD's that have multiple guys singing and it looks like this is the only song that features Ken on vocals.

I like that track as well.  I usually stay away from multi-vocalist projects as well, but the list of singers involved does look intriguing (besides Kent I'm a fan of Deen, Johnny and Dino) and Tony is a talented guitarist.  I'm interested in hearing more from this one

Artwork for the new album.

Crappy artwork. Who the hell was the designer?

'We must have a car...Check!'

''And a woman...Check!'

'What else?...Some hot air balloons perhaps?...Check!'

I could design a better looking cover.

51agBMrG6gL.jpg

i will be buying this. Multiple singers does not bother me, (if the songs are good, who cares?!)

11 hours ago, Stefan said:

''And a woman...Check!'

51agBMrG6gL.jpg

Hot woman and a hot car on a rock album cover - what else do you need?  Lose the dumb balloons and we're good.

On 3/6/2019 at 11:57 PM, Stefan said:

''And a woman...Check!'

51agBMrG6gL.jpg

Pretty bad photoshopping there !

• 4 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Stefan said:

New song 'Calling You' feat. Deen Castronovo.

New track is a bit of a let down for me.  Not Deen's best vocal performance and the song itself could use a better chorus

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 4/3/2019 at 10:48 PM, Stefan said:

New song 'Calling You' feat. Deen Castronovo.

I thought this was the best song on the album, which kind of says my thoughts on the album itself. It's an okay song at best... but still the best here. :(