Tesla - Shock

tts42572

10 hours ago, CureTheSane said:

I like California Summer Song. Reminds me a lot of Ammunition's Miss Summertime.

For me some of the songs on this disc are really great, but then I thought that about Mr. Bigs latest album and not many agree there\either.

:wacko:

Yep, to each their own. Considering I love 'Miss Summertime' (from a band I really don't care for) and absolutely hate 'California Love Song' (by a band a love), I'm not seeing any similarity at all. ;)

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kinda the point I guess.

To me they're alike, to you they aren't.
I like the both. You only like one.
We both like Tesla, I love the new album, you don't.
It's crazy that things can be so close (in this case poppy rock genre) and opinions can be so different.

I mean if a C & W or rap song was posted I'd get it.
I even get hate for Slang and when Firehouse did some rapping, even though I liked what both bands did.

And I'm no different.
I don't like a lot of the syrupy keyboardy poppy AOR that others like here.
And there is no real reason for that as it's very close to the music I love, but it just doesn't get me there.
Same with for example Dangerous Toys.
I love all their stuff. I know you don't like Pissed, and doubt you ever heard more than half a song off *rtist before you turned it off, but I love both albums. But I really don't like Broken Teeth etc which is just as boring as ACDC, who everyone loves, and it's kind of a sin that I'm not a real fan given I'm an Aussie. 
Although I do like a lot of stuff up to Back In Black, and maybe one or 2 songs after that.

22 hours ago, CureTheSane said:

Kinda the point I guess.

To me they're alike, to you they aren't.
I like the both. You only like one.
We both like Tesla, I love the new album, you don't.
It's crazy that things can be so close (in this case poppy rock genre) and opinions can be so different.

I mean if a C & W or rap song was posted I'd get it.
I even get hate for Slang and when Firehouse did some rapping, even though I liked what both bands did.

And I'm no different.
I don't like a lot of the syrupy keyboardy poppy AOR that others like here.
And there is no real reason for that as it's very close to the music I love, but it just doesn't get me there.
Same with for example Dangerous Toys.
I love all their stuff. I know you don't like Pissed, and doubt you ever heard more than half a song off *rtist before you turned it off, but I love both albums. But I really don't like Broken Teeth etc which is just as boring as ACDC, who everyone loves, and it's kind of a sin that I'm not a real fan given I'm an Aussie. 
Although I do like a lot of stuff up to Back In Black, and maybe one or 2 songs after that.

Haha, 'Pissed' is actually my favourite DT album. Still only a 75% album for me, but the best they got, imo... only slightly over the debut. I actually owned the 'Artist formerly know as' for a very, very long time in the early days and heard it way, way more than it deserved to be heard, lol. ;)

I hate Broken Teeth, Airbourne and basically any band that sounds anything at all like AC/DC? Un-Australian, or just good taste? I think the latter. ;)

And for the record, I do like a handful of AC/DC songs... just none of their clones. 

1 hour ago, Geoff said:

Haha, 'Pissed' is actually my favourite DT album. Still only a 75% album for me, but the best they got, imo... only slightly over the debut. I actually owned the 'Artist formerly know as' for a very, very long time in the early days and heard it way, way more than it deserved to be heard, lol. ;)

I hate Broken Teeth, Airbourne and basically any band that sounds anything at all like AC/DC? Un-Australian, or just good taste? I think the latter. ;)

And for the record, I do like a handful of AC/DC songs... just none of their clones. 

And now we agree on a bunch of things I doubted we would.
Adds to my point about the arbitrary way we all hear music.

To be fair I like most of the ACDC early stuff. Some of it is great.
After Back In Black it's easier to list the songs I like
Who Made Who
Thunderstruck
Moneytalks
...so aside from those 3 songs, pretty much everything else in the last 39 years, yes THIRTY-NINE DAMN YEARS, is pretty crap.
I guess this makes them one of the most overrated bands around, ever.

All the ACDC clones can suck it.
usually their music is marginally better than ACDC's because they bother to put some hooks and melodies in them, but they still generally suck.

'Taste Like' off this new Tesla album that has a few ACDC elements to it but they are mild enough that they add to the song rather than kill it.