The Band/Artist you hate the most.

Darkstone

• 2023 Gold Donors

An easier question than "band you love the most". When it comes to music I'm really not a hater. There are many artists I don't really like, but can still appreciate that others do. There is however one band that I  just cannot stomach. Never been able to. I can't quite explain why I can't stand these guys, but they are really the only band that I  CANNOT tolerate. That band is "POISON". I truly believe that these guys were responsible for the demise of Glam/Sleaze/Hard Rock at the time. Harsh I know, but again let me emphasis that this is the only Band/Artist that I  feel this way about. Don't know why they irk me so much in particular.

.......okay, "Fallen Angel" is not a bad track. ;)

well within our genre & HH here are 10 bands which I don't like which everyone else seems to love -

TNT

Great White

Motley Crue

Judas Priest

Rush

Dream Theater

Aerosmith 

Van Halen (outside of about 5 songs)

Led Zepp

Ozzy fronted Black Sabbath

• 2023 Gold Donors
6 minutes ago, Glen said:

well within our genre & HH here are 10 bands which I don't like which everyone else seems to love -

TNT

Great White

Motley Crue

Judas Priest

Rush

Dream Theater

Aerosmith 

Van Halen (outside of about 5 songs)

Led Zepp

But which one do you hate the most?

I find this basically impossible to answer. I guess the ones I'd hate the most I just don't listen to. So how do I pick one? What's the criteria? Looking at Glen's list, I do think Van Halen and Led Zeppelin are incredibly over-rated, and I do hate most their music (apart from a handful of VH songs) but do I actually hate them? I certainly don't hate them. I just don't think they're any good. 

Anyway... actually, I don't know. I'd probably have to pass. Stuff like Tattooed Love Boys, Rock City Angels, Quireboys are dreadful too... but do I hate the bands? Nah, they're just rubbish. 

34 minutes ago, Glen said:

TNT

Great White --- WOW

Motley Crue --- WOW

Judas Priest

Rush

Dream Theater

Aerosmith 

Van Halen (outside of about 5 songs) --- WOW

Led Zepp

... and as for Poison being responsible for the demise of the genre, I can't agree with that. If anything, I'd lean towards the opposite. They sold a lot of albums and had a massive fanbase and generated a lot of interest in the genre. By the time the genre started dying they'd more or less lost their glam image and gained a little respect too. 

Anyway, to each their own. I personally think the hundreds of Poison copycats and cheap clones probably hurt the genre a lot more than they did themselves. ;)

Agree with Led Zep. Maybe not my generation, but then again neither were the BEatles, but I dig them.

I don't hate any band, I just choose not to listen to those I don't like.

Some bands that others like a lot but never did it for me are

Metallica - like a few songs but not the music generally
Airbourne - don't really like anything
ACDC - like many songs, but not most of it. Repetitive, boring
Slayer
Megadeth
Pantera
Motorhead
Dream Theatre
A lot of synthy, poppy AOR :)

Love Poison though.
Not a huge Aerosmith fan, but like some of their stuff. Prefer them to ACDC. Their "fallen Angel" song for me would be "Angel" or "Living On The Edge"

Just now, Geoff said:

... and as for Poison being responsible for the demise of the genre, I can't agree with that. If anything, I'd lean towards the opposite. They sold a lot of albums and had a massive fanbase and generated a lot of interest in the genre. By the time the genre started dying they'd more or less lost their glam image and gained a little respect too. 

Anyway, to each their own. I personally think the hundreds of Poison copycats and cheap clones probably hurt the genre a lot more than they did themselves. ;)

+1

Nirvana. The advent of downtuned guitars and "I hate my miserable life" music, aka "The Seattle Sound", whose popularity ushered in the demise of the '80s party metal we all love.

To this day, if I hear a Nirvana song, I change the channel/skip the song.

To be honest though, that's true of all grunge bands (Alice in Chains, Soundgarden, etc.), but Nirvana is the epitome of everything wrong in music. Music so horrid and contemptible that Kurt Kaboom woke up one morning, looked at what he had inflicted upon society, and blew his brains out.

*spit*

I have to agree with a previous poster, I do not hate any bands but there are always a few that I dislike....the one that jumps to mind for me is ...

Iron Maiden....definitely overrated....

I'm not surprised that many do not like the major bands from the 70s(such as Led Zep and Aerosmith, 2 bands that I love) as that is a generational thing...which is probably why I can't stand most of the 'modern' rock/metal bands .....

5 hours ago, heavyharmonies said:

Nirvana. The advent of downtuned guitars and "I hate my miserable life" music, aka "The Seattle Sound", whose popularity ushered in the demise of the '80s party metal we all love.

Nirvana (and Pearl Jam) would be right up there for me too.  I could not (and still can't) stand any songs they released.  That alone would be enough, but as you mentioned the real reason I dislike them so much is the drastic, negative changes that happened in the hard rock scene following their swift rise in popularity.

• 2023 Gold Donors

Yeah, my comment about Poison being responsible for our music's demise was slightly tongue in cheek, although I still havd a deep seething hatred for them. As for the others bands mentioned, I get it with most of them, especially Motorhead, Slayer and Pearl Jam. I always felt kind of guilty for not liking Motorhead and never understood their appeal.

19 hours ago, heavyharmonies said:

To be honest though, that's true of all grunge bands (Alice in Chains, Soundgarden, etc.), but Nirvana is the epitome of everything wrong in music. Music so horrid and contemptible that Kurt Kaboom woke up one morning, looked at what he had inflicted upon society, and blew his brains out.

*spit*

Okay, I'll tag onto Dan's line of reason here. Not Nirvana specifically, but that whole grunge style is a genre I do actually hate. Horrible music. Hard to pinpoint any single band as I hate it all, but that's a great lot to pick from. Grunge, and Red Hot Chilli Peppers. 

Agree also with Chilli Peppers. Some songs are cool, mainly radio ones.
Re anthrax, I'd also generally agree. Some songs are pretty good on their own, but never got in to them.

Maiden, however I don't get. Doesn't compute how someone could feel that way with such a large catalogue and range of music.
But then again, people would say the same about me and Preist I guess.

I can add one to my list. DLR Van Halen. Of course I dig Jump, Panama, Hot For Teacher, etc, but most of their early stuff is very meh to me. Love Van Hagar though.

I also agree with the Chilli Peppers and Motorhead....also I'll add Queensryche to the mix....I've never been a big fan of Anthrax but I like a lot of their stuff....as for Van Halen, I love the DLR years and would be quite happy if the Van Hagar years never existed...lol

Haha, sounds like we may be onto something with Red Hot Chilli Peppers. Sorry, Cure, but their radio songs are more or less the only ones I know and the reason I hate them so much, lol. They have absolutely 0 redeeming qualities. I can honestly say that I absolutely, whole-heartedly hate ever song I have ever heard from them. ;)

All these other bands you doods are mentioning I agree with two. I like less than 5 Queensryche songs, no Motorhead or Anthrax I can think of... Judas Priest etc. But the thing with those bands is that they don't offend me. Grunge and Red Hot Chilli Peppers do. :)

• 2023 Gold Donors
29 minutes ago, CureTheSane said:

Under The BRidge isn't bad.
Only one I can think of :)

Always loved their version of "Higher Ground", but that's a cover so I  guess it doesn't count as a RHCP's song.

• 2 months later...