Stefan

Find Me - Angels In Blue

6 hours ago, kourosofsteel3 said:

Mate, my reference to the cover had to do with the mediocrity of the lp. 

I haven't listened to it properly yet. The Last album passed me by to be honest - wasn't that fussed with it. I did like the debut tho. 

Holy shit they covered Desperate Dreams. That's my favorite Survivor song. I didn't even notice it in the tracklisting for some reason, so my heart skipped a couple beats when I first heard those opening notes. I dunno guys, I think the cover is terrific...Too Hot To Sleep doesn't get nearly enough credit for the masterpiece it is anyway, and I loved LaBlanc's vocal take on it.

True, though, that Jimi is immortal. He can't be touched. 

I think the album is a little long. In a vacuum it's great, but I fear this project is starting to succumb to the usual Frontiers samey-ness. Songs are good but, like, if I put on Dark Angel and then this, I'm probably going to get bored.

Still miles ahead of most projects on the label these days.

5 hours ago, Eric3 said:

Holy shit they covered Desperate Dreams. That's my favorite Survivor song. I didn't even notice it in the tracklisting for some reason, so my heart skipped a couple beats when I first heard those opening notes. I dunno guys, I think the cover is terrific...Too Hot To Sleep doesn't get nearly enough credit for the masterpiece it is anyway, and I loved LaBlanc's vocal take on it.

True, though, that Jimi is immortal. He can't be touched. 

I think the album is a little long. In a vacuum it's great, but I fear this project is starting to succumb to the usual Frontiers samey-ness. Songs are good but, like, if I put on Dark Angel and then this, I'm probably going to get bored.

Still miles ahead of most projects on the label these days.

I make mixed band compilations on my ipod. Unless I'm home in my music room playing a cd, I rarely listen  to cd's in the car or at work. I find if I mix it up like that then I won't get bored from sameyness.

7 hours ago, Eric3 said:

I agree.  I thought it was a terrific cover of a great song.

I haven't even listened to it yet but my prediction is 3 or 4 good but cheesy tunes and the rest pretty forgettable 

It's a good cover song on a good album. I have no issues with this one. Every song is good and imo it's a better album than the Hitchcock one. Favourite song is actually the album closer, 'Only the lonely.' Otherwise, second favourite song is 'One last kiss' (the proper version, not the waste of space bonus acoustic track - which is an instant skip!!). 

Yeah, it's not going to set the world on fire but it's a good album from start to end.  

15 hours ago, Glen said:

I haven't even listened to it yet but my prediction is 3 or 4 good but cheesy tunes and the rest pretty forgettable 

This is very much in the same vein as their first two albums (the debut being the best of the three). If you didn't like those then you can probably skip this one. Keeping it real here.

13 hours ago, Geoff said:

It's a good cover song on a good album. I have no issues with this one. Every song is good and imo it's a better album than the Hitchcock one. Favourite song is actually the album closer, 'Only the lonely.' Otherwise, second favourite song is 'One last kiss' (the proper version, not the waste of space bonus acoustic track - which is an instant skip!!). 

Yeah, it's not going to set the world on fire but it's a good album from start to end.  

Agreed, Geoff. It's better than the Hitchcock album.

Also, those bonus acoustic / piano tracks usually do nothing for me and that was an odd choice for this album. The original track is piano-based anyway so what's the point? I would have preferred the bonus to maybe be another cover song, honestly I wish Frontiers would do this more often given how frequently the blow the horn of their '80s influences.