Sign in to follow this  
Stefan

Playhouse - The Rock N' Roll Circus

From sleazeroxx.com:

Playhouse to release new album ‘The Rock N’ Roll Circus’ on November 10th

Canadian hard rockers, Playhouse, will be releasing their first new album in more than 25 years with the release of The Rock N’ Roll Circus on November 10, 2018. The group will be having a CD launch party at the Piranha Bar in Montreal, Quebec, Canada on November 10, 2018.

Playhouse‘s “Story” on their Facebook page states (with slight edits):

“Formed during the height of the 80’s hard rock invasion, five high school friends wanted to play loud! The year was 1987 and they had one goal, to be the biggest rock band to ever come out of Canada.

Playhouse released two E.P..’s; 1989’s Little Monster and the follow up; Tongue, Tied & Twisted in 1990. With a reputation for high energy shows and big chorus anthems. they quickly started filling every club they played. Now armed with a dedicated fan base solidly behind them, local promoters came calling. Soon, Playhouse found themselves opening for the likes of Extreme, Killer Dwarfs,Brighton Rock, Harem Scarem and many more. Then after 8 years together in the Rock n Roll Circus, the band called it quits…and now, almost 25 years later, THEY ARE BACK!

In the fall of 2016, the band reunited and entered the studio for the first time together in over 20 years with veteran recording producer and lead guitarist for Slaves on Dope, Kevin Jardine to record three new songs. The first video “On Fire” was released in September 2016 with a follow up video released a few months later for “Stand Up And Fight.” In November 2017, Playhouse returned to the stage after 25 year with their sold out comeback show in Montreal, Canada.

Check out this earlier thread on these guys: https://heavyharmonies.ipbhost.com/topic/35094-playhouse/

Playhouse-album-cover-e1541009573910.jpg

What the hell?
Wonder which band member convinced his daughter to dance in the clip?
Kinda creepy video.
Weird choice for a bunch of 50 year olds...

Good stuff.

I posted on SR a looong while ago about this, good to see I got cut out of the loop, but glad they are finally getting this stuff released!

https://sleazeroxx.com/montreals-glam-rock-darlings-playhouse-reunited-and-releasing-new-material/

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Who's Online (See full list)

• –summoner of cosmic darkness– –Exomancer– –conjurer of astral terror–   HAIDUK Evil Melodic Black Metal   New Album OUT NOW https://haiduk.bandcamp.com     “[Haiduk’s] strong point has always been his riffs, and here they just destroy.” -BraveWords   “The album is solid, with truly unique and mesmerizing progressions of chords and lead work piled high.” -Contaminated Tones   “Laced with intricate diversions into an almost hypnotic, tremolo-world of ever undulating riff patterns” -Worship Metal   "[Haiduk] has perfected his own signature style and very few bands are doing this style" Metal-Rules   “Haiduk has written, recording and produced an epic album in ‘Exomancer’. The sound quality is great and it has character, which is difficult to find.” -This Noise Is Ours   “Sinister, spiralling, atonal and dark, ‘Exomancer’ is going to be an underrated gem from 2018.” -The Killchain
    • Bryan Adams-Cuts Like A Knife Leonard Cohen-Best Of Crosby,Stills  and Nash-After The Storm Dirty Looks-One Bad Leg Firefall-You Are The Woman Golden Earring-The Continuing Story of Radar Love Elton John-Rock of the Westies Gerry Rafferty-City To City Roxy Music-The Atlantic Years 1973-1980 Rod Stewart-Foolish Behaviour Twisted Sister-Stay Hungry
    • Joe Lynn Turner - Undercover.
    • Have a look at the General Music Discussion thread.  
    • I don't think that's the same Skin & Bones either. Phone numbers on tape are all Chicago/Illinois area.
    • Keith Richards - Talk Is Cheap Devilment - II: The Mephisto Waltzes
    • Most likely my final list...don't really see it changing, but as I've only been listening to 2018 releases this month then this is pretty much nailed on...numbered em too   Top5... 01.Midnite City - There Goes The Neighbourhood 02.Treat - Tunguska 03.The Night Flight Orchestra - Sometimes The World Ain't Enough 04.Shiraz Lane - Carnival Days 05.Creye-s/t followed by... 06.W.E.T-Earthrage 07.Kissin Dynamite - Ecstasy 08.Vega-Only Human 09.Ted Poley/Degreed-Modern Art 10.Steel City-Fortress But the best thing I heard this year is LeBrock - The Real Thing E.P Honourable mentions to Nitrate - Real World,Jerome Mazza-Outlaw Son & Groundbreaker-s/t    
    • Echo Echo haha, for me it's an epic song
      love the changes through it
    • Man, finally I've got the Jap. version! Feck me, but  those Japanese bonuses rule the airways!  (Restless Heart-Tattoo Rodeo cover +  Liaison Of Love(synthwave remix))! Tera giga mega release! I love them!    

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.