The End: machine - s/t

Stefan

45231229_1980357632020278_33026100943273

From Frontiers:

BREAKING NEWS: George Lynch, Jeff Pilson, Mick Brown, and Robert Mason have announced that they are changing the name of their previously announced new band, Superstroke, to THE END: machine.

“The recordings are nearly done and we are really happy with the way it is turning out,” says bassist/producer Jeff Pilson. “We think that, notwithstanding the obvious nod to our past experiences together, The End: machine sound has a unique identity. Sonically, this is not just ex-Dokken members with a different singer or a rebooted incarnation ofLynch Mob. This is a new sound. Everyone has been doing great on the album and there is a lot of energy and a lot of focus."

THE END: machine, featuring George Lynch, Jeff Pilso, and Mick Brown from the classic Dokken lineup together with singer Robert Mason of WARRANT (and previously, Lynch Mob) will release their debut album in Spring 2019 via Frontiers Music Srl.

https://www.facebook.com/TheEndMachine

• 2 months later...

I too missed this "superstroke" post, very glad they changed the band name as that name was a floater.

The song is a good one though and they are all sounding very good together. The songs verse reminds me of an Alice n Chains song but the the rest is a huge 80's anthem, an interesting amalgamation. 

I am intrigued to hear more and I have always like JP, he is an underated bassist, songwriter and vocalist.

From Frontiers:

BREAKING NEWS: The End machine, featuring George Lynch Fan Page, Jeff Pilson, "Wild" Mick Brown, & Robert Mason, to Release Debut Album on March 22, 2019 via Frontiers Music Srl. 

Hard rock titans collide for THE END machine, a brand-new project that features classic-era Dokken members George Lynch, Jeff Pilson, and Mick Brown as well as current WARRANT singer Robert Mason. The band will be releasing their self-titled debut on March 22nd via Frontiers Music SRL.

Surely, some fans may be wondering to themselves, isn’t this just Dokken without Don Dokken? “Musically, of course there's bound to be moments that will be reminiscent of Dokken. That's only logical,” says bassist Jeff Pilson. “But, my guess is there will be less of that than people would expect. Some people who've heard it say they think it's closer to Lynch Mob than Dokken, but really it is pretty much it’s own thing. We allowed ourselves to get a little deeper than either of those projects really have, while still staying extremely melodic and not being afraid of good old-fashioned guitar rock. Maybe Lynch Mob, a bit of Dokken, but then some 70's guitar rock added in. George [Lynch] is playing fantastic on this…very inspired. Everyone is really, but George covers some new territory here and it's very cool. Plus, the songs as compositions took on their own life, especially adding Robert [Mason] to the writing. That's what I'm most proud of, is the way this stands on its own. It doesn't step on our legacy together one bit, but it has it’s own personality and I think that's important.”

“This is decidedly not me ‘stapled’ onto a DOKKEN record,” adds Mason. “I wouldn't have been involved if that was the intent. Fans will hear bits of our styles in this collection of songs, and while reminiscent signatures are undeniable, The End: machine was purposely built to stand apart and on it’s own merit.”

Lineup:
Robert Mason - Vocals
Mick Brown - Drums
Jeff Pilson - Bass
George Lynch – Guitars

517hOloSYJL.jpg

Tracklisting:
1. Leap Of Faith
2. Hold Me Down
3. No Game
4. Bulletproof
5. Ride It
6. Burn the Truth
7. Hard Road
8. Alive Today
9. Line of Division
10. Sleeping Voices
11. Life Is Love Is Music

I will give it a go, but not a fan of this song itself.

The song's okay by me. Hell of a lot better than anything I've heard from this mob in a long time. At least they have a good idea come chorus time. But why the big hairy ballsack is this not just called Lynch Mob? I honestly don't understand. 

In the original post is says 'This is a new sound." If this is a new sound, what was all the shit Lynch Mob were releasing after their first two albums? This sounds 100% more like the original Lynch Mob than any shit they've been releasing since that time. 

Anyway, I hope this is actually a decent album because the doods can certainly play.  

I'm guessing none of y'all will be surprised to hear me say "I do  NOT like this one at all."

Seems as though all of the members of this new band are running as far away from the name "Dokken" as possible... They should only be so lucky that any of us old'skool fans would mention them in the same breath.

I'm going to listen to Under Lock And Key right now... I need something to put a smile on my face so early on a Monday morning.

55 minutes ago, Geoff said:

The song's okay by me. Hell of a lot better than anything I've heard from this mob in a long time. At least they have a good idea come chorus time. But why the big hairy ballsack is this not just called Lynch Mob? I honestly don't understand. 

In the original post is says 'This is a new sound." If this is a new sound, what was all the shit Lynch Mob were releasing after their first two albums? This sounds 100% more like the original Lynch Mob than any shit they've been releasing since that time. 

Anyway, I hope this is actually a decent album because the doods can certainly play.  

My thoughts too.

I'm kinda on the fence with this tune.  It's okay but isn't really wowing me by any means and not really finding myself wanting to go back for repeat listens.  The guitars sound great and Mason sounds pretty good.  Just would've liked it to be more melodic with harmonies, backing vocals, etc.  I'll need to hear stuff that grabs me more to convince me to buy the album.

58 minutes ago, tts42572 said:

My thoughts too.

I'm kinda on the fence with this tune.  It's okay but isn't really wowing me by any means and not really finding myself wanting to go back for repeat listens.  The guitars sound great and Mason sounds pretty good.  Just would've liked it to be more melodic with harmonies, backing vocals, etc.  I'll need to hear stuff that grabs me more to convince me to buy the album.

Yeah, like this:

• 1 month later...
1 minute ago, Crazysam said:

New song still doesn't match the quality of 80's Dokken or early Lynch Mob, but it's solid for what it is.  In fact I enjoyed it more than the first promo track from the upcoming release

I agree.  It's decent but but not sure either song is grabbing me enough to make me want to purchase this.

I've also listened to samples of all songs over on I Tunes Japan and kinda felt the same about what I listened to.

I think what's missing for me is that I'd just like to see more vocal harmonies with bigger choruses, backing vocals, etc. 

It's decent for what it is though....Straight ahead, guitar driven rock. 

I feel pretty much how Glen felt above about the first track....Pretty well played and well sung but not very spectacular or memorable. 

• 4 weeks later...