Reece - Resilient Heart

Stefan

2 hours ago, Geoff said:

So, uh... Glen. How's this one working out for you? Barged it's way into your top 10 list for 2018? ;)

Absolute garbage album. Rubbish. :(

I've listened to it a few times but yeah the first couple of tracks were the best. 

Won't be in my top 10 but I prefer it to Station ;)

22 hours ago, Glen said:

I've listened to it a few times but yeah the first couple of tracks were the best. 

Won't be in my top 10 but I prefer it to Station ;)

Really? I'm genuinely offended by that. Have you listened to Station again, or did you just form some crazy kind of warped view of it that upon one listen that is highly inaccurate? Sure it's not mind-blowing, but it's very enjoyable AOR/melodic rock. Really enjoyable. 

If this song alone isn't better than this entire Reece album, tenfold, I will bend my penis until it snaps and share a part of it with every member of this forum and their cousins too. 

• 2 weeks later...

Just not doing anything for me. Not a "bad" album, the songs just aren't grabbing me.

13 hours ago, Glen said:

don't tell Wes ;)

I know right?  

It's crap! I keep holding out hope that Reece will release something worthwhile. But he doesn't. It's the same drivel he's been releasing for years (minus Tango Down). Pretty much everything he's sang on has been "meh".

Well being a longtime Reece fan I'm rather biased, but while there's been some great stuff from him of late (Tango Down was cool but so too was his work on Wicked Sensation and his Reece Kronlund record was rather excellent with some nods back to On Target), IMO think for song consistency and performances Resilient Heart is David's best record since Sircle Of Silence \m/

To each their own of course :)

• 3 weeks later...

My mind's a bit blown as to what people are possibly hearing in this album... but as Wardy says above; to each their own. We all have different ears. 

I'm just glad as fuck mine hear how awful this is. ;) lol 

• 1 year later...

Listened to this enough now to sum it up

Best
Two Coins And A Dead Man
Live Before You Die

Next
I'mThe One
I Don't Know Why

That's it for me.
First two songs I mentioned are well wortha listen