Reece - Resilient Heart

Stefan

reecebandjuly2018_638.jpg

From blabbermouth.net:

Former ACCEPT and BONFIRE singer David Reece will release his long-awaited new solo album, "Resilient Heart", on November 9 through Mighty Music. The follow-up to 2013's"Compromise" is an LP "rich on full-blown melodic heavy metal," according to a press release.

The first single from "Resilient Heart", "Any Time At All", will be released on August 31 and is a wonderful heavy rocker with a touch of David Coverdale and WHITESNAKE inspiration — a song with a powerful riff and a strong verse leading up to a bombastic singalong chorus, whereas a song like "Perfect Apocalypse" stands out with its progressive PRETTY MAIDS-inspired elements.

On "Resilient Heart", Reece has teamed up with the Danish musicians Marco Angioni(guitar), Martin J. Andersen (guitar), Malte Frederik Burkert (bass) and Sigurd J. Jensen(drums).

Reece previously said: "I was searching for a record company that would see my vision as a solo artist, so I reached out to Mike Tramp and he suggested I speak with Michael H. Andersen at Mighty Music. Michael teamed me up with the Danish producer and songwriting team Marco Angioni and Martin Jepsen Andersen, both from the band MERIDIAN. The collaboration we’re working on is exactly where I want to go musically, and Michael H. Andersen and Mighty Music have given me a home to release my new record and given me a hundred percent support and belief in this new record! The album will be recorded at Death Island Studio in Denmark with Marco Angioni as producer and is entitled 'Resilient Heart'."

"Resilient Heart" comes with two different track listings — one for CD/digital and one for the limited blood-red vinyl edition (500 copies).

reeceresilientheartcd.jpg

CD/digital track listing:

01. Any Time At All 
02. Wicked City Blues 
03. Karma 
04. Desire
05. I Don't Know Why 
06. Two Coins 
07. Ain't Got The Balls 
08. Forest Through The Trees 
09. Perfect Apocalypse 
10. Live Before You Die 
11. I'm The One

Vinyl track listing:

Side A

01. Karma 
02. Any Time At All 
03. I Don't Know Why 
04. I'm The One 
05. Forest Through The Trees

Side B

06. Perfect Apocalypse 
07. Heart Of Stone 
08. What About Yesterday 
09. Two Coins 
10. Live Before You Die

Sounds ok to me.
Wondering why the track listing is so different between CD and LP?Usually they have a set way of ordering the songs so that they compliment each other. I guess not here.

51 minutes ago, Glen said:

awful? both singles so far have been awesome.

Dude is on fire. 

I haven't heard any other songs, but you're saying 'Any time at all' - that song above - is awesome?! You astound me. Any second of any day I'd expect you to call that what it is... which is awful. ;) What sets it apart from the rest of his drivel, lol? Just sounds bland as all shit to me. Very confused. 

This does nothing for me. He has 2 "Great" albums, Bangalore Choir(one of my favs of all time)and Tango Down- Identity Crisis. He seems to be a lot better when singing other writers songs if you ask me. He does have a good handful of other songs sprinkled in around his catalog.

9 hours ago, Geoff said:

I haven't heard any other songs, but you're saying 'Any time at all' - that song above - is awesome?! You astound me. Any second of any day I'd expect you to call that what it is... which is awful. ;) What sets it apart from the rest of his drivel, lol? Just sounds bland as all shit to me. Very confused. 

I agree with Geoff. As much as I want to like his solo material, it's mostly drivel. Why can't he do an "On Target" type disc? That was an amazing CD and still is. This is garbage compared to that!

1 hour ago, AlphaMale said:

Why can't he do an "On Target" type disc? That was an amazing CD and still is. This is garbage compared to that!

Probably because it's a quarter of a century since that was released. :)

still not sure what u guys are on about??

I've really disliked his recent material but this is very good hard rock imo. 

really looking forward to hearing this as I've read a couple of very positive reviews. 

14 hours ago, AlphaMale said:

Man... each song gets worse. No thanks.

Haha... I actually think that's the best one. Cool riff, but still not anything that's changed my mind. It's solid, but not much more than that. One of the worst videos I've ever seen, though. Absolutely terrible. 

On 10/6/2018 at 1:26 PM, CureTheSane said:

Sounds ok to me.
Wondering why the track listing is so different between CD and LP?Usually they have a set way of ordering the songs so that they compliment each other. I guess not here.

I can understand why sometimes vinyl might have songs in a different order due to run times etc, but to have 3 songs taken off and 2 new ones added just seems to be a bit of a con to be honest, to try and get people to buy the album twice.

Vinyl only appeals to a small market compared to CD and digital, so it just seems like a way of pushing vinyl sales.

Atlantic has done similar with the new Halestorm album by adding three extra tracks to the vinyl. Lzzy tried to put a spin on it about giving their loyal vinyl fans something extra due to the longer wait or something like that, and that those tracks will become available for everyone else later somehow. Sadly all that says is that you either feel fans of the band who buy vinyl are somehow more loyal/better or you think that fans are stupid and cannot detect a marketing ploy.

Exactly.

It is not too bad if you can download the extra tracks individually as you were able to do with the first Halestorm album when they released the deluxe digital version later, but to release two formats at the same time and give one certain tracks the other does not have, that is just shitty business practice to con the die hard fans.

I will always accept that Japan gets extra tracks. And will always except when they release a standard and deluxe CD at the same time, so you can choose which format you want, but this kind of practice is just shitty.

I remember when they released the first Slash album. There were about 4 different versions of it, all with different bonus tracks.

Luckily I held off on it and bought the super deluxe CD that came out in Australia initially, which had every bonus track on it bar one.

• 1 month later...

Listening to this one now.|
Pretty average samey disc.

One stand out so far is Two Coins And A Dead Man

Forest Through The Trees is on, so is Any Time At All and Live Before You Die.
The rest hasn't really interested me at all yet

On 10/7/2018 at 5:34 PM, Glen said:

still not sure what u guys are on about??

I've really disliked his recent material but this is very good hard rock imo. 

really looking forward to hearing this as I've read a couple of very positive reviews. 

So, uh... Glen. How's this one working out for you? Barged it's way into your top 10 list for 2018? ;)

Absolute garbage album. Rubbish. :(