Bonfire - Legends

Stefan

On 10/23/2018 at 3:36 PM, Geoff said:

Yeah, I prefer rock covers of cool pop songs, to be honest. Hearing a song you always kind of liked done in a rock format is pretty awesome. It's a bit weird when the covers are already quality melodic rock songs. 

Covering songs by the likes of Robin Beck, HOL, Hardline etc. does seem very futile, as you're never going to top those originals. Or Queensryche,  even if I'm not a mad fan. There are some odd choices for sure, but like I said, I still found enjoyment in bits of this. :)

Gimme Confess' cover of Tina Turner over these. Still enjoyable/pleasant listening while waiting for the cooler to bring the champagne in the right temperature. 

On 10/5/2018 at 7:49 AM, CureTheSane said:

Yeah, no from me as well.
Not terrible, but........ unnecessary

Metalizing it takes all of the 'Africa' out of it, so what's the point?

It sure as hell beats Weezer's version of that song.

Still Lessman's absence from the band is really felt, Alex is a perfectly good vocalist, but it just does not sound like Bonfire to me.  Claus really was the heart and soul of the band, his voice was such a unique part of their sound that trying to go without him seems futile(i'm still not sure what the circumstances of his departure were, I heard somewhere that Ziller wanted him out) and his vocals were the reason Bonfire was my all time favorite band, I could put anyone of their songs and be put in a good mood.  But ever since Branded the band feels like they just don't know what to do with themselves.

As for covers albums, some are fine, some are crap(Glenn Danzig's Skeletons comes to mind) this one has some good covers, but two discs seems really excessive.