NFL 2018

nyoilers

• 2023 Gold Donors

Went 3 for 4 on my picks-not bad.Plus anyone who watched the Dallas game now knows that Dak Prescott can play.I think this Cowboy team has a very good chance to beat the Rams.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And the theme of the 2018 season for my Eagles continues: "So you're telling me there's a chance..."

No style points, but an ugly win is still a win. The Eagles have a leg up though, as they've been playing must-win playoff games for the last 3 games... #saintnick

OK kiddo's round 2.

Saturday:

Colts go to KC

&
Dallas to the LA Rams

Sunday:

Charger to NE

&
Eagles to the big easy

I'm 50/50 on my picks thanks to sir doinks alot but hey whichever. Seems the morning games are my thing this year.

I am going with Colts over KC, Rams having their way with Dallas on Saturday and on Sunday it will be the other LA Chargers and by goodness I will have to go Philly.

I am now only concerned with an all LA superbowl so go Chargers and Rams!

And as far as Dak is concerned as previously mentioned he is a'ight. NOTHING special in the least, just a good athlete on an OK team. He ain't no tier 1 QB that's fo' sure, maybe lower end tier 2, definitely tier 3.

3 hours ago, heavyharmonies said:

I think Dallas *spit* has a good shot at beating the Rams. If the Eagles defense plays like they did this past weekend, we have a shot...

The Rams like KC will crumble under the pressure, like they have the previous years. 

And absolute spit on Dallas, I have disliked them for 45 years nothing will change that.

I want the Rams to do it just for the all LA superbowl, but it seems those high scoring teams peter out and KC is down their RB and the Rams are minus Cooper Kupp and I am sure others are injured or out as well that I don't know.

If the LA thing fails it would be a hoot to see Philly back in the big game, maybe then Fowles will have a starting job.

On 1/8/2019 at 12:03 AM, Dead Planet said:

Can't say I was impressed with any of the wild card winners so I'm going with the home teams for the next 4...

Chiefs

Rams

Patriots

Saints

4 for 4 this time...the Eagles were the only team to make it close.....

Looks like the Patriots and the Saints in the Superbowl...

What happened to that Chargers defense? Tom made that look so damn easy.

Saints will a come from behind win. When Philly went up 14-0, I thought I was correct on my upset pick.

Chiefs and Patriots........ GO CHIEFS!!!!!!!!!!

Saints and Rams.......... GO SAINTS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Super Bowl: Chiefs over Saints

The longest odds ended up having the closest game of the weekend and the only team to cover the spread. Go figure. If only the Eagles had just waited until the 2-minute warning. *sigh*

Oh, and could the Chargers and Colts have come up any smaller on big stages? Good grief.

Well I only got 1 this weekend with the Rams and my all LA super bowl is no more...

Coming up this weekend we get the championship games.

AFC:

NE @ KC

NFC:

NO @ LA

Not enamored with any of them, but will go LA & KC.

Obviously any team that plays against NE is a favorite. But both games should be high flying. 

• 2023 Gold Donors
8 hours ago, martinsane said:

I could see this happening for the sheer fact that Goodell would want the geriatric QB battle between Brady and Breeze...

Looks like the weather might be a factor in the NE/KC game

9 minutes ago, nyoilers said:

Looks like the weather might be a factor in the NE/KC game

Both teams are/should be familiar with cold and snow but if it is a true snowbowl that would at least curb the scoring to a minimum...

Still would rather masturbate with a cheese grater than see NE get into the SB again...

I'm surprised. The 1st quarter looked like the Aint's were going to run away with it.

Ugly no-call by the refs though against the Rams. That was brutal.

Rams kicker gots big ones. 48 yarder to tie and 57 yarder to win.

14 minutes ago, Dead Planet said:

Well it should have been Patriots and Saints in the Superbowl but the refs were playing for the Rams.....anyway Patriots should win it all assuming the same refs aren't  officiating...

They should hope they get a few of the officials from tonight's game, even though the Chief's were playing catch up a lot there was a "roughing the passer" call that gave NE a first down and subsequent touchdown in lieu of a punt, 7 points.

Andy though what a jinx this guy is, couldn't get it done in Philly and hasn't been able to do anything in KC either...

Otherwise though some good games with teams that don't matter to me in the end.

I do hope the Rams get one though as I do not want NE to get another.

1 minute ago, martinsane said:

The WORST was that poor kid who lined up in the neutral zone giving NE the 5 yards and the first, especially when his team mate picked off Tom and that would have ended the game right there.

Big difference between players screwing up and the refs missing calls...from what I could see the Chiefs should have been called on pass interference several times....that said I have no favorites playing either...just want to see games where the players are responsible for winning or losing...

11 hours ago, Dead Planet said:

Big difference between players screwing up and the refs missing calls...from what I could see the Chiefs should have been called on pass interference several times....that said I have no favorites playing either...just want to see games where the players are responsible for winning or losing...

We won't see that in our lifetime I'd assume.

Still unclear to me wht=y NY or the booth, whatever, can't assist with field calling. 

How simple could it be for a crew of folks in a reply booth at least verifying calls made for validity? Like that roughing the passer call. The booth could easily call down to the head official, they could do a quick replay and pick up the flag and move on.

That all said come 2 weeks from today in Atlanta I hate to say it but I think NE will be getting their 6th ring...

• 2 weeks later...