She Leads You On 4:56

All I Got 5:42

Hit 4:14

Ivory Tower 4:50

Cold As My Heart 5:49

Please Don't Leave 5:10

We Will Find a Way 5:02

At Last 6:13

That's not too bad. The two over 6mins is unfortunate and 5:49/42 isn't far off, but the rest isn't too bad. Yeah, not too worried about that... and I too hate long songs. 

• 2 weeks later...

Been spinning all morning and I hadn't for one second realised there were 'long' songs on here. This is one of the rare times this year I've been looking forward to an album and It's not been a let down.  Solid from beginning to end. Really looking forward to this one bedding in. 

Might be a while till I get to listen to the Electric Boys, also released here today. 

2 hours ago, Glen said:

it's pretty good. Gonna need some more listens to fully appreciate. 

Still not massively into the guys voice tho. 

Buddy, I didn't like the ballad, but the rest is killa! After 1st spin I immediately ordered  this + Tony Mitchell from my favorite Japanese label! 

3 hours ago, kourosofsteel3 said:

Buddy, I didn't like the ballad, but the rest is killa! After 1st spin I immediately ordered  this + Tony Mitchell from my favorite Japanese label! 

The songs are good but his vocals put me off a bit.

If a Hess or the like we're singing it would be loads better. 

Just personal taste really - accented vox has always bothered me 

hate to say it but I'm struggling with this one.

I've never been a fan of his voice (too accented), but also the songs are over long and there are a few average ones as well :(

listened to Work of Art after this and it was an effortless listen whereas I feel I force myself to sit through Care of Night

Hey ho. 

I like it quite a lot, but it's definitely not as good as the debut. Seems the missing members made a difference. 

I wasn't a massive fan of his voice initially as it reminds me of Alien's second / technically third singer on the 1993 and 1995 releases... and I don't like his voice. However, I came around to it pretty quick based on the strength of the songs. Now I don't even blink at it. Not sure an accent is overly present there, though? I don't really get a strong accent... and that's coming from an accent hater. 

Anyway, 'All I got' is not amazing, and I don't really like 'Please don't leave,' but the rest are great. 'Your Perfection' is my favourite and 'She Leads You On' is high up there too. Fine album... just misses the highs of the debut. 

I still really like it. Certainly not top 5. Questionable for top 10 but certainly well worth a lot of listens. 

I'd been thinking this year was really poor but there have been a steady stream of good albums with a couple of months in the middle of the year where I heard nothing I was impressed by. 

• 2 weeks later...

A solid album, that sounds great, although it's not as good as the debut and it does go on a bit too long for me. good effort though 

• 1 month later...