Midnite City 2

The Rocker

11 hours ago, Captain Howdy said:

Just looked at AOR Heaven, and really not worth me ordering from there.

With the postage charge it is only about £1 cheaper than getting it on Amazon as I have Prime and do not pay postage.

Yeah,if it had not have been for the fact that I ordered 2 discs from them I would've stuck with Amazon also.

1 hour ago, lettard said:

Yeah,if it had not have been for the fact that I ordered 2 discs from them I would've stuck with Amazon also.

On the bright side though, I also ordered from AOR Heaven directly and got notification this morning that it's shipped.  So should have it a few days before the official release date :)

2 hours ago, tts42572 said:

On the bright side though, I also ordered from AOR Heaven directly and got notification this morning that it's shipped.  So should have it a few days before the official release date :)

Yeah mine is on its way also  :) which is nice.

Mine arrived today and ive had it on repeat pretty much ever since...wow...brilliant disc,really like it,its right up on par if not better than the debut so if you like that you'll love this too,just so summery and top down driving melodic hard rock :)

Edited by lettard

13 minutes ago, lettard said:

Mine arrived today and ive had it on repeat pretty much ever since...wow...brilliant disc,really like it,its right up on par if not better than the debut so if you like that you'll love this too,just so summery and top down driving melodic hard rock :)

Good to hear....Mine should arrive in the next day or two :)

Trying not to set the expectations too high.....But expecting that it'll probably wind up being my #1 album again this year based upon the songs and samples I've heard.  These guys just seem to hit my tastes perfectly.

Might be the first time in memory I've ever had the same band take my #1 album spot 2 years in a row :lol:

Debut was #2 for me last year...Crazy Lixx grabbed top spot with both hands :)

1 minor problem with the new release for me is the 3rd track "You Don't Understand Me"...I keep going to sing Love Changes Everything by Climie Fisher  :)

Edited by lettard

6 hours ago, lettard said:

1 minor problem with the new release for me is the 3rd track "You Don't Understand Me"...I keep going to sing Love Changes Everything by Climie Fisher  :)

My one and two of last year also!

13 hours ago, lettard said:

luckily I haven't got a clue who Climie Fisher is. 

24 minutes ago, lettard said:

:)

Thanks for that post. I had no idea who sung that song but I legit love the shit out of this song. :wub:

37 minutes ago, Stefan said:

Climie Fisher was one of those 80's band I loved back then. Great band. Still dig it. 

I have that 1987 album lined up for Thursday at work... what's the next one like? The one from 1989? 

On 10/15/2018 at 11:19 AM, lettard said:

Got mine..only one listen so far but agree!

Bigger sound than the first album for sure...way more backing vocals and harmonies going on....And more hooks.

Great fun, throwback melodic rock that just continues the formula from the first album.

Good album, the comments above are right on the money.  If you liked the debut this picks up where that one left off, but with a fuller sound.  My favorites are probably the first two promo tracks along with "Life Ain't Like This On the Radio" and "Until the End".  But I'd be hard pressed to point out a song that I didn't enjoy listening to.

1 hour ago, Glen said:

?

it's basically exactly the same

I wouldn't say exactly the same, but as I like to call it Siblings. Great album!

15 hours ago, longhairmike74 said:

i have to say i don't like the 2nd album nearly as much as the first

Haha, someone beat me to it just before I got to enter the discussion. 

Well, not quite exactly what I was going to say, but allow me to explain;

Yes, the new album has a much, much better, fuller sound. Production is great and that has improved vastly from the debut. 

Thing is, though, song-wise, I think that after all is said and done, the debut probably has the better tunes. I don't want to make outlandish claims on one listen, but I feel like when I make a 10 song best of Midnite City compilation; I feel like I'll be looking at a 6:4 ratio of songs, favouring the debut. Possibly 7:3. 

Some killer stuff on the new album, like 'Give Me Love,' 'You Don't Understand' and 'Life Ain't Like This on the Radio' particularly. But on the debut, we have stuff like 'Ghost of My Old Friends,' 'Summer of Our Lives,' 'Nothing's Like Losing You,' 'Can't Wait for the Nights,' 'Things She Said' and 'Think About You'... which are possibly better than the new stuff? 

I dunno, we'll see in time. But first impression is that the new album sounds magnificent... but the songs on the debut are probably a little bit better.   

wrong.

The hooks on the new album are bigger. Why? Cos I can actually remember the songs after about 3 listens.

I still can't remember the songs off the debut and I've owned it for months.

Love both but the new album is more memorable imo. 

songs like gave up giving up just won't leave my head. 

5 minutes ago, Glen said:

wrong.

The hooks on the new album are bigger. Why? Cos I can actually remember the songs after about 3 listens.

I still can't remember the songs off the debut and I've owned it for months.

Love both but the new album is more memorable imo. 

songs like gave up giving up just won't leave my head. 

This would be valid, if anyone else agreed with you, lol. The songs from the debut are etched in my head like particles of my massive brain. It is catchy as heck and those songs were a part of my DNA within minutes of hearing the album. 

No doubt, the same will happen here. Just not sure they're going to be quite as good as the debut in the long run. Looking forward to finding out, though.