Midnite City 2

The Rocker

32 minutes ago, Glen said:

again not to confuse production with style.

Vega is poorly produced....we all know that.

White Widdow is well produced imo (ie everything clear and audible, nothing buried, not muddy) BUT they have opted for a stripped back sound. Almost like no rhythm guitar at all. That is their choice at the end of the day and you either like it or not. But you cannot criticise WW for bad production cos it's actually ok.

As for Midnite City. Yes its better than last time, yes it's perfectly acceptable.....but it still annoys me.

If it sounded like Creye this would be easily no 1 this year.

As it stands for me it probably won't be and that just irks me. 

Yeah, I think I agree and believe I have acknowledged what you speak of. Yes, Vega sounds like shit (drums are pathetic) but I did also acknowledge that WW seemed to be their own doing. Considering their best albums and how those albums sound, I don't get it... just don't understand why they did it. 

It's definitely puzzling to ponder why Creye can sound like a million dollars and these guys can't. :(

Got the cd with mini poster/pin from Japan. Also a killer tee from Rob.

Great sound this time and killer tunes! Rob is a human song generator/Turing machine. Also he knows well how to embellish  each song making it interesting!

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Ok, so this is a bit off topic, but just picked up a couple more Teenage Casket Company albums and this one was on Still standing.

At first I was like "Holy shit, a Southgang cover" then I realised it that while the original was actually Jesse Harte singing, it was on the Erik Turner - Demos for diehards. Makes it a fairly unusual song to cover, but they did a great job.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Captain Howdy said:

Ok, so this is a bit off topic, but just picked up a couple more Teenage Casket Company albums and this one was on Still standing.

At first I was like "Holy shit, a Southgang cover" then I realised it that while the original was actually Jesse Harte singing, it was on the Erik Turner - Demos for diehards. Makes it a fairly unusual song to cover, but they did a great job.

:offtopic:

What in the holy hell does this have to do with Midnite City??

On 8/1/2019 at 11:51 PM, Captain Howdy said:

Always loved this song, and yeah, that's a cool version. I had no idea this band existed, so thanks for the heads up. Definitely something I need to check out, thought I have a feeling these won't be easy to find? 

On 8/2/2019 at 6:03 AM, Captain Howdy said:

Holy shitballs, it's pretty much just rawer Midnite City. When were the albums released and how many are there? I must own. 

Jeezus wept, these things are impossible to get. Looks like Spotify or re-mortgaging your house to buy them on iTunes are the best options. Only a few CDs on eBay, all very expensive. :( Where'd you get them from, Howdy? 

They did change style a bit over the years. Started out more Marvelous 3 style, and kinda transitioned into a proto-Midnite City towards the end. They were released between 2005-2016 when they called it quits.

I got the compilation and Eat your heart out off Amazon if I remember correctly, Dial it up I just got off Discogs and Still standing I luckily found on eBay cheap last week.

I also have their last album being sent to me by their bassist, Rob Lane. Never thought I would find that one as apparently they only made 50 and were sold at a gig.

Discogs is probably your best bet but Still Standing and Left for dead are gonna be the toughest ones to find.

I think you can hear what I mean about Marvelous 3 in this song

And of course they have ballads too

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the info. Without knowing it was a compilation, I picked up that one from ebay, but that's cool. That will do for the early stuff. 'Still Standing' sounds like the one I'll be really interested in. 

5 minutes ago, Geoff said:

Thanks for the info. Without knowing it was a compilation, I picked up that one from ebay, but that's cool. That will do for the early stuff. 'Still Standing' sounds like the one I'll be really interested in. 

You bought a cd???

• 3 years later...
On 8/1/2019 at 9:03 PM, Captain Howdy said:

Was talking to Rob last week about TCC and I mentioned this song and how this album had seen a shift away from pop punk and specifically that this song was pretty much a prototype for what would happen later with Midnite City.

He 100% agreed and said that he had grown tired of pop punk and wanted to go back to his 80s hair metal roots, and regrets releasing this as a TCC song and wishes he had held it back for Midnite City as that was already in the very early stages of becoming a thing.