Jump to content
Stefan

Roxy Blue - s/t

Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, jondavis said:

I second this :poop:

:agree:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

New video for 'Rockstar Junkie'.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow.... that's dreadful.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sounds nothing like their old stuff but I don't mind it....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Dead Planet said:

Sounds nothing like their old stuff but I don't mind it....

Surprisingly that's how I've felt to.

Agree, nothing like their old stuff and nothing like the ultra melodic stuff I usually like.  But for some reason still like these songs.  They still rock IMO....just a different style of rock

Maybe I'm just desperate for anything new at this point as it's been a really slow year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, tts42572 said:

Maybe I'm just desperate for anything new at this point as it's been a really slow year.

That has to be it! This stuff is just not good modern garbage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Musically it's great, but vocally it still sounds fuck all like the guy who sang Squeeze box and Rob the cradle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Better than the previous effort...still not what we remember as Roxy Blue but times change,tastes change and theirs obviously have....mine though has not and slow year or not id be scrapping the barrel if I bought this or indeed put it ahead of quite a lot of what I have heard this year.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Digging this tune from the new album....Probably the most "classic" sounding song on the album IMO.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Heard this today  :( was giving it a try until I reached the track "Outta The Blue"...Im sorry but its a Big Fat No from me on this,I remember the past when Wildside & Sven Gali after stellar debuts tried to go with flow of the time and the abuse they received for doing so...still do now and they were for me better bands from the time...this follows a similar path,from my own personal perspective,an opportunity wasted sadly...but each to their own.

Edited by lettard

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I gave it a spin today and it has it's moments. The ballads are nice (much like the debut). I'll give it a few spins, but one thing that may be controversial to say is that, for me, it belts the ass out of the new Unruly Child CD, for me personally. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't get some of the opinions on this one... it is complete and utter shit. Full stop.

Musically, productionwise, everything. Absolute ass. If I could give it a -5 out 5 I would. It's like they're trying to be vintage Alice in Chains *spit* "Now featuring even less talent!!" This album is the very '90s grunge that I loathe with every fibre of my being.

It's absolutely horrid. If I saw someone on the street with this CD, I would snatch it out of their hands, throw it on the ground and stomp it into oblivion just to save them... and they would thank me later.

Fucking Christ, it's awful.

Gah! I need some bleach for my eardrums...

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For me, it's not miles apart from the Stiffkitty CD from 2009. Which I thought was okay. I really liked this song;

And as per the debut Roxy Blue album, and the new Roxy Blue album... the ballads are the songs that shine most of all. 

It's not a great record but for me it's far more 'Dawn' than 'Shadowlife' or 'Inwire.' ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, heavyharmonies said:

I don't get some of the opinions on this one... it is complete and utter shit. Full stop.

Musically, productionwise, everything. Absolute ass. If I could give it a -5 out 5 I would. It's like they're trying to be vintage Alice in Chains *spit* "Now featuring even less talent!!" This album is the very '90s grunge that I loathe with every fibre of my being.

It's absolutely horrid. If I saw someone on the street with this CD, I would snatch it out of their hands, throw it on the ground and stomp it into oblivion just to save them... and they would thank me later.

Fucking Christ, it's awful.

Gah! I need some bleach for my eardrums...

Thank you Dan.... the voice of reason.

This is complete GARBAGE. Modern grungy mid 90's like trash.

I can't believe people are actually liking this AT ALL.

Edited by AlphaMale
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.