Roxy Blue - s/t

Stefan

• 5 weeks later...
Just now, Dead Planet said:

Sounds nothing like their old stuff but I don't mind it....

Surprisingly that's how I've felt to.

Agree, nothing like their old stuff and nothing like the ultra melodic stuff I usually like.  But for some reason still like these songs.  They still rock IMO....just a different style of rock

Maybe I'm just desperate for anything new at this point as it's been a really slow year.

21 minutes ago, tts42572 said:

Maybe I'm just desperate for anything new at this point as it's been a really slow year.

That has to be it! This stuff is just not good modern garbage.

Better than the previous effort...still not what we remember as Roxy Blue but times change,tastes change and theirs obviously have....mine though has not and slow year or not id be scrapping the barrel if I bought this or indeed put it ahead of quite a lot of what I have heard this year.

• Like 2

Heard this today  :( was giving it a try until I reached the track "Outta The Blue"...Im sorry but its a Big Fat No from me on this,I remember the past when Wildside & Sven Gali after stellar debuts tried to go with flow of the time and the abuse they received for doing so...still do now and they were for me better bands from the time...this follows a similar path,from my own personal perspective,an opportunity wasted sadly...but each to their own.

Edited by lettard
  • Like 1

I gave it a spin today and it has it's moments. The ballads are nice (much like the debut). I'll give it a few spins, but one thing that may be controversial to say is that, for me, it belts the ass out of the new Unruly Child CD, for me personally. :)

I don't get some of the opinions on this one... it is complete and utter shit. Full stop.

Musically, productionwise, everything. Absolute ass. If I could give it a -5 out 5 I would. It's like they're trying to be vintage Alice in Chains *spit* "Now featuring even less talent!!" This album is the very '90s grunge that I loathe with every fibre of my being.

It's absolutely horrid. If I saw someone on the street with this CD, I would snatch it out of their hands, throw it on the ground and stomp it into oblivion just to save them... and they would thank me later.

Fucking Christ, it's awful.

Gah! I need some bleach for my eardrums...

• Like 3

For me, it's not miles apart from the Stiffkitty CD from 2009. Which I thought was okay. I really liked this song;

And as per the debut Roxy Blue album, and the new Roxy Blue album... the ballads are the songs that shine most of all. 

It's not a great record but for me it's far more 'Dawn' than 'Shadowlife' or 'Inwire.' ;)

2 hours ago, heavyharmonies said:

I don't get some of the opinions on this one... it is complete and utter shit. Full stop.

Musically, productionwise, everything. Absolute ass. If I could give it a -5 out 5 I would. It's like they're trying to be vintage Alice in Chains *spit* "Now featuring even less talent!!" This album is the very '90s grunge that I loathe with every fibre of my being.

It's absolutely horrid. If I saw someone on the street with this CD, I would snatch it out of their hands, throw it on the ground and stomp it into oblivion just to save them... and they would thank me later.

Fucking Christ, it's awful.

Gah! I need some bleach for my eardrums...

Thank you Dan.... the voice of reason.

This is complete GARBAGE. Modern grungy mid 90's like trash.

I can't believe people are actually liking this AT ALL.

Edited by AlphaMale
  • Like 1

• 6 months later...
4 minutes ago, nyoilers said:

I didn't buy this when it first came out but I took a shot this week when it was $7.99 on Amazon.Gotta say I don't understand the hatred for this.

Agreed. Not bad at all. 

• 4 months later...

Well I finally gave in and bought this. I dunno if its because I bought Ruff Justice by Crazy Lixx at the same time, and played that first or if its just that bad, but fuck me this album is the drizzling shits. I know I said above some of the music was ok, but thats as much praise as I can muster. It is not a Roxy Blue album in any shape or form, and Todds vocals are total dogshit.

• Like 1