Nordic Union - Second Coming

Stefan

52 minutes ago, tts42572 said:

I'm with you here :)

Falling was my favorite tune off the album....Followed by Every Heartbeat, Go, Wide Awake, Hypocrisy.  Every Heartbeat is pretty awesome and a great ballad.  I do think New Life Begins on the new album follows along with the same vibe.

I'd probably say True Love Awaits is my least favorite song on the album lol.  Just bores me and one I normally skip past.  Didn't really care much for the Other Side either.  Basically, I got a little lukewarm on the second half of the debut outside of Falling and Go.

With the new album, I'm not sure I'm feeling any stand out tracks like I did with say Falling from the first album.  As I said above, New Life Begins is a solid ballad.  Breathtaking is a pretty good mid-tempo number.  Outrun You has an interesting arrangement that I like.  Final War sounds like a heavy PM tune.  Rocks Still Rolling I find myself kinda liking as it has a little different vibe.   

I can understand the safe and formulatic comments on the new one though as it pretty much is.  Not sure much really stands out but it's still pretty good and listenable and nothing I'm really getting the urge to skip.  By the same token though, not sure I'd take more than 3-4 songs to my "best of" USB playlist that I have in my car.  By comparison, I just put 10 songs from the new Midnite City on that playlist.

Still some decent melodic hard rock though.

you pretty much just quoted my top 5 tracks. Thank Christ I'm not going mad.

tbh I skip over that ballad as well - it's ok, we won't tell Geoff ;)

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, Geoff said:

'Falling' - intro is dime-a-dozen from Martensson. Verses nice. Chorus sounds like it was the first song Martensson ever wrote. Really, really basic hook and melody. Sorry doods, genuinely does nothing for me come chorus time. I'll pay the verses, though. They're nice, but the chorus is pretty stupid. IMO.

'Go' - probably as generic as Martensson ever sounds. Verses almost painful to listen to for their obviousness and lack of appeal, and the chorus is only okay at best. 

Would you honestly say these two songs compare favourably to any Eclipse or WET songs? For me, definitely not. Neither of these songs would make it onto albums from either of those two bands, hence it feels like all the leftovers end up on NU. :( Sorry hombre, I just think they're weak songs. 

I would have LOVED Falling to be A W.E.T. song sung bt JSS.  Absolutely love that song the way it is, but if JSS was to sing it it would be even better to me.

9 hours ago, Glen said:

it's leaked hence why people are discussing it.

I haven't heard it.

it's due out 9th Nov I think ??

Put back now until November 21st ....so Amazon informed me earlier anyway  :(

17 hours ago, Glen said:

you pretty much just quoted my top 5 tracks. Thank Christ I'm not going mad.

tbh I skip over that ballad as well - it's ok, we won't tell Geoff ;)

I know it's just me; I remember that from last year. Or was it two years now it was released? That's cool. I'm very comfortable with my thoughts on this NU project because, like I said, I have every single reason in the world to love this. In fact, I would have been more than lenient and willing to love this and given it the benefit of doubt I may not have given other projects/albums. 

But, end of the day, it's just really weak to me. And if I think that of a project that features two artists I have massive regard for, I am sure in myself that something's going on for me to feel that way. ;)

For the record, only three keepers on the new album.

'New Life Begins' is the closest thing to 'True love awaits you' on this album. Good hooks and nice melodies. Classy tune. 

'Die Together' - another ballad, and another very strong tune. 

'The Best Thing I Never Had' - every other rocker is so bland on this album, but this one is the pick of the bunch. Not overly "rocky" for a rocker, but it's good. Nice moderately catchy tune.  

On 11/2/2018 at 4:06 AM, mrbandwidth said:

Listened; well, I like it but is clearly below the debut. Glad to hear Atkins still in great fit, it's just the tracks are weaker this time IMO.

Favourite track: Walk Me Through The Fire (even being predictable is the catchiest)

I actually almost dislike 'Walk me through the fire' just because it is so ridiculously predictable. To the point that I'm sure there's half a dozen songs in EM's catalogue that are identical to this. Just a slight lyric tweak. ;)

11 hours ago, Glen said:

as much as I like PM I've always thought Atkins is a weak vocalist.

IMO this song would be miles better with Erik or JSS singing. 

Really? I like his voice. :)

58 minutes ago, Mafisen said:

How so? Doesn't it try to send a message? I like that in song lyrics. And Trump is a huge problem not only for the US but the world. 

I despise it, because you polarise listeners. Cool for you because you don't like Trump, but what about the other 50%+ listeners who have no issue with Trump? It's just annoying to them/us.

Personally, I found this to be the most irritating song from last year. Cool tune and album, but the lyrics just piss me off;

skipped through earlier.

I get the comments around pace.

I get the comments around EM spreading too thin.

I do honestly think that he reserves his best tunes for Eclipse and rightly so.

Monementum has so much more energy than this album 

On 11/9/2018 at 1:36 PM, Geoff said:

I despise it, because you polarise listeners. Cool for you because you don't like Trump, but what about the other 50%+ listeners who have no issue with Trump? t's just annoying to them/us.

Personally, I found this to be the most irritating song from last year. Cool tune and album, but the lyrics just piss me off;

50 % (50+ even!)have no issue with Trump? Seriously doubt those numbers, but ok, then the lyrics shouldn't bother them either. It only bothers those who like him, I would say. 

The arts is a great way to express ideas, ideals etc. Artists shouldn't censor themselves just because some might disagree. 

To only listen/read/talk to stuff/people you agree with is stupid. 

1 hour ago, Mafisen said:

50 % (50+ even!)have no issue with Trump? Seriously doubt those numbers, but ok, then the lyrics shouldn't bother them either. It only bothers those who like him, I would say. 

The arts is a great way to express ideas, ideals etc. Artists shouldn't censor themselves just because some might disagree. 

To only listen/read/talk to stuff/people you agree with is stupid. 

Agreed. But if you have a view that makes you look really stupid and is something to be embarrassed about, probably best just to keep it to yourself and sing about vaginas instead. For example, if you follow a religion the worst thing in the world you can do, imo, is publicise it... especially in a song. It just makes you look stupid. 

In. My opinion, of course. ;)

But it's the same with that stupid Kryptonite song, which is preaching to forsake all sense of logic and just allow every human being into everywhere. Australia only has 25 million people? WHAT?! Even though you can't move in the fucking place, let's let everyone in and have 50 million by the week's end!!! says mr singer of Kryptonite. Well I never had an issue with the guy at all in the past, but now I look at him different - in an irritating, stupid kind of way.

Anyway, to each their own. Everyone's got their own view n' stuff, but it just seems to sound even more stupid in a song if you have a view that is very polarising. 

As for my percentage on who has a problem or not with Trump... I agree. I probably did get that wrong. Much more than 50% of people are sheep and follow what their favourite celebrity or the media is telling them without actually thinking for themselves. :)

For the record, I don't really have much of an opinion on Trump because I don't care enough about it all to get involved. But I definitely like him more than I dislike him and think the outcry against him is just a pathetic banquet of sheep falling over themselves to fit in. Personally. :)

I can't for the life of me understand how someone can have any time for  a misogynistic, racist c*nt, who's a pathological liar, with so many skeletons in his closet that a plague burial ground would look threadbare in comparison. It has nothing to do with  sheep mentality. It has to do with having sound values in life. 

But, we'd better leave it there, because this isn't a politics forum. 

8 minutes ago, Mafisen said:

I can't for the life of me understand how someone can have any time for  a misogynistic, racist c*nt, who's a pathological liar, with so many skeletons in his closet that a plague burial ground would look threadbare in comparison. It has nothing to do with  sheep mentality. It has to do with having sound values in life. 

No, it's definitely not. For the record, though; looking beyond what the media jams down your throat, I don't personally find him misogynistic to a degree that offends me at all; I sure as hell don't find him to be racist (seems like it's the go-to tag for someone who might just call a thing or two for what it is from time to time). As for being a liar... probably true, and that's different to absolutely zero politicians in all of history. :)

Anyway, I agree... not the time or place. I actually hate politics and rubbish political discussions. But I hate the media more and I hate just going along with an opinion without thinking about it for yourself even more than the media! ;)

On 11/15/2018 at 5:57 AM, Geoff said:

Agreed. But if you have a view that makes you look really stupid and is something to be embarrassed about, probably best just to keep it to yourself and sing about vaginas instead. For example, if you follow a religion the worst thing in the world you can do, imo, is publicise it... especially in a song. It just makes you look stupid. 

In. My opinion, of course. ;)

But it's the same with that stupid Kryptonite song, which is preaching to forsake all sense of logic and just allow every human being into everywhere. Australia only has 25 million people? WHAT?! Even though you can't move in the fucking place, let's let everyone in and have 50 million by the week's end!!! says mr singer of Kryptonite. Well I never had an issue with the guy at all in the past, but now I look at him different - in an irritating, stupid kind of way.

Anyway, to each their own. Everyone's got their own view n' stuff, but it just seems to sound even more stupid in a song if you have a view that is very polarising. 

As for my percentage on who has a problem or not with Trump... I agree. I probably did get that wrong. Much more than 50% of people are sheep and follow what their favourite celebrity or the media is telling them without actually thinking for themselves. :)

For the record, I don't really have much of an opinion on Trump because I don't care enough about it all to get involved. But I definitely like him more than I dislike him and think the outcry against him is just a pathetic banquet of sheep falling over themselves to fit in. Personally. :)

what a great post, Geoff...

On 11/15/2018 at 7:16 AM, Mafisen said:

The guy definitely lacks decorum, but Trump a racist?? how so?  Good lord, stop watching CNN and all NBC news stations.  Liar?  maybe...but aren't all politicians liars?

My $0.02.  We have a President who lacks decorum, but who LOVES this country and is getting things done.  Our last guy was in there for 8 years and had tremendous decorum, great speaker, etc., but was a Train Wreck of a President and did VERY LITTLE for this country, but yes...this is a music forum, so let's move on!

And now back to the music ;)...I gave this a listen today and thought it was pretty good.  I would agree with some prior comments and say it is a step down in overall song quality from the debut.  But there weren't any songs that I'd classify as filler.  If you liked the debut I think you'll find it an enjoyable listen as it retains the same style.  My initial favorites would be Outrun You, Because of Us and New Life Begins.

Edited by Crazysam

3 hours ago, Y&TForever said:

My $0.02.  We have a President who lacks decorum, but who LOVES this country and is getting things done.  Our last guy was in there for 8 years and had tremendous decorum, great speaker, etc., but was a Train Wreck of a President and did VERY LITTLE for this country, but yes...this is a music forum, so let's move on!

100% accurate. I might not like some of the shit Trump says, but he is definitely 100 times the President Obama was.

11 hours ago, AlphaMale said:

100% accurate. I might not like some of the shit Trump says, but he is definitely 100 times the President Obama was.

wow. I'll leave that comment there.

in terms of this album - it's a boring one paced generic album.

Martennson needs to regather himself for the Eclipse album next year and produce something truly exciting 

16 hours ago, Glen said:

wow. I'll leave that comment there.

Like him or not, stock market/economy is booming, unemployment at lowest in decades, black unemployment lowest ever, strengthened the military, yes, he's an asshat, but you can't deny the good things he has done.