Sign in to follow this  
Crazysam

Skull - No Bones About It Re-issue & Now More Than Ever

Bob Kulick will be re-issuing an expanded edition of the 1991 album No Bones About It by his band Skull.  Additionally, he is releasing Skull II - Now More Than Ever (w/ 14 unreleased studio tracks).  Both are available for pre-order now through Cherry Red Records/Hear No Evil Recordings (and select retailers) with a scheduled release date of August 24th. 

http://www.cherryred.co.uk/label/hne-recordings/

SKULL: NO BONES ABOUT IT EXPANDED EDITION

image.png.fc8b348c4b0ff8fd968f1469a94a5b9d.png

Bob Kulick formed the hard rock group Skull, releasing their sole LP, “No Bones About It”, in 1991. Now we have a deluxe 2 CD reissue from Bob Kulick’s cult rockers. This 35 track, 2 disc set also features an alternative, earlier recording of the full album, and is completed by 15 previously unreleased, early demos from the band’s recorded history.

DISC ONE: NO BONES ABOUT IT (1991)
1. EYES OF A STRANGER
2. BREAKING THE CHAINS
3. I LIKE MY MUSIC LOUD
4. LITTLE BLACK BOOK
5. LOSER’S GAME
6. LIVING ON THE EDGE
7. HEAD OVER HEELS
8. GUITAR COMMANDOS
9. THIS SIDE OF PARADISE
10.KING OF THE NIGHT

BONUS TRACKS (PREVIOUSLY UNRELEASED)
11.I LIKE MY MUSIC LOUD (8 TRACK DEMO)
12.LIVING ON THE EDGE (8 TRACK DEMO)
13.KING OF THE NIGHT (8 TRACK DEMO)
14.GUITAR COMMANDOS (4 TRACK DEMO)
15.HEAD OVER HEELS (4 TRACK DEMO)
16.LOSER’S GAME (ORIGINAL DEMO)
17.BREAKING THE CHAINS (ORIGINAL DEMO)
18.THIS SIDE OF PARADISE (12 TRACK DEMO)

DISC TWO: EARLY ALTERNATIVE VERSIONS OF NO BONES ABOUT IT
1. I LIKE MY MUSIC LOUD
2. BREAKING THE CHAINS
3. LIVING ON THE EDGE
4. LITTLE BLACK BOOK
5. LOSER’S GAME
6. EYES OF A STRANGER
7. HEAD OVER HEELS
8. GUITAR COMMANDOS
9. THIS SIDE OF PARADISE
10.KING OF THE NIGHT

BONUS TRACKS (PREVIOUSLY UNRELEASED)
11.I LIKE MY MUSIC LOUD (24 TRACK DEMO)
12.GUITAR COMMANDOS (24 TRACK DEMO)
13.LIVING ON THE EDGE (24 TRACK DEMO)
14.KING OF THE NIGHT (24 TRACK DEMO)
15.HEAD OVER HEELS (12 TRACK DEMO)
16.THIS SIDE OF PARADISE (ORIGINAL DEMO)
17.LITTLE BLACK BOOK (ORIGINAL VERSION)

SKULL II: NOW MORE THAN EVER

image.png.9f3954efd78cb85decd21692d2c7d536.png

This 37 track, 2 CD set represents a “what could have been” second Skull album. It includes 14 previously unreleased original studio tracks making up an entire “lost” album’s worth of Skull material, plus an abundance of demos dating back to the earliest stages of the band’s recording history. 

DISC ONE: SKULL II: NOW MORE THAN EVER

1. CAVE OF THE HEART
2. I WALK THESE STREETS
3. CHILDREN OF PARADISE
4. TROUBLESHOOTER
5. NOW MORE THAN EVER
6. THREE WORDS AWAY
7. HEART OF STONE
8. ALL NIGHT LONG
9. A PLACE IN THE SUN
10.AT THE END OF THE LINE
11.VELVET TOUCH
12.EYES OF FIRE
13.THE HEART IS A LONELY HUNTER
14.STREETFIGHT

BONUS TRACKS
15.CHILDREN OF PARADISE (ORIGINAL DEMO)
16.TROUBLESHOOTER (ORIGINAL DEMO)
17.I WALK THESE STREETS (12 TRACK DEMO)
18.NOW MORE THAN EVER (12 TRACK DEMO)
19.SKULL RADIO ADVERT

DISC TWO: BONUS TRACKS & DEMOS
1. I WALK THESE STREETS (INSTRUMENTAL 4 TRACK DEMO)
2. NOW MORE THAN EVER (12 TRACK DEMO)
3. STREETFIGHT (12 TRACK DEMO)
4. I LIKE MY MUSIC LOUD (DEMO)
5. HEAD OVER HEELS (ORIGINAL DEMO)
6. GUITAR COMMANDOS (ALTERNATE DEMO)
7. LIVING ON THE EDGE (ORIGINAL DEMO #1)
8. LIVING ON THE EDGE (ORIGINAL DEMO #2)
9. KING OF THE NIGHT (ROUGH MIX)
10.LITTLE BLACK BOOK (12 TRACK DEMO)
11.BREAKING THE CHAINS (LIVE REHEARSAL)
12.I WALK THESE STREETS (REHEARSAL)
13.THIS SIDE OF PARADISE (ROUGH)
14.GUITAR COMMANDOS (ORIGINAL DEMO)
15.HEAD OVER HEELS (ALTERNATE DEMO)
16.STREETFIGHT (ALTERNATE DEMO)
17.LIVING ON THE EDGE (ROUGH MIX)
18.LITTLE BLACK BOOK (ALTERNATE DEMO)

Enjoyed No Bones About It so I've preordered the Skull II disc to give it a go :)

Not sure about all the demos of already available songs, but I do love the debut album, especially Head over heels.

Will defo get #2 but depends on price for the reissue.

Just checked the price, and it is cheap as chips. Defo worth getting the reissue unlike the recent overpriced Kix one.

6 hours ago, Captain Howdy said:

Just checked the price, and it is cheap as chips. Defo worth getting the reissue unlike the recent overpriced Kix one.

Yeah,thats why Im takin the chance on #2,dont know what to expect from it soundwise but by the song titles it may well carry on from No Bones :)

Cool! I really dig that album. I'm glad that Bob is putting out a bunch of unreleased material. The demand can't be that high, so I really respect the effort. Rock enthusiasts like us get a kick out of this stuff.

Got my cd "Now More Than Ever" today,sounding pretty good from what Ive heard,if you liked "No Bones About It" then you will like this,its great value also at 2cd 36 tracks,although im just listening to the 14 unreleased lost album studio tracks from "Now More Than Ever" at the minute.

Just kudos for the effort of compiling all the stuff like that, as mentioned very cool for us who geek out on this level of effort and I am not that familiar with the band but the songs sound just fine by me!