Nitrate - Real World

tts42572

2 hours ago, melodicrock said:

Rob did sing the demos, but both Nick and I wanted a slightly different style for the end result and Joss was the perfect guy. Rob remains on all backing vocals and it does give us a difference to Midnite City (who are kick ass also)...

Really digging the album.  I'd say Real World, Crank Up The Weekend and Insane are probably my favorite tracks...like the edge in those.  Waiting on You, Hot Summer nights and Dangerous aren't far behind though.  And like the variety songs like Attraction and Only You bring.  The only song I'm not overly keen on is Breathe but that might grow with more listens.  Fantastic effort all around though and I'm sure it'll sound even better once I get the CD in my hands :)

Now we just need Rob to get his visa problems sorted out so we can have Nitrate and Midnite City both performing at MRF6 ?

• 2 weeks later...

I won a free copy and their all going to sign it, so it will be awhile until I get mine.

14 hours ago, The Rocker said:

I won a free copy and their all going to sign it

Nice.

I got mine yesterday morning after I just arrived back from Spain :) brilliant cd full of great summer rock driving tunes,had it on my ipod on repeat during my stints of lying round a pool in the sun which it was also nice for...plus throw in quite few all inclusive beers :drink:

Went on Melodic rock.com and ordered the new Tony Mitchell last night too.

Edited by lettard

4 hours ago, lettard said:

Nice.

I got mine yesterday morning after I just arrived back from Spain :) brilliant cd full of great summer rock driving tunes,had it on my ipod on repeat during my stints of lying round a pool in the sun which it was also nice for...plus throw in quite few all inclusive beers :drink:

The sucky thing is I don't know when I will be getting it. Could be a few more weeks or a couple of months. I really am bummed about it.

On 8/6/2018 at 12:17 AM, lettard said:

Nice.

Thank you!

Crank Up The Weekend is kinda average and weird electro drums in Waiting On You, but I'll definitely pick this one up as I know I'll really dig it.

In another thread I mentioned that I had not bothered with this band.
I figured out why.
I was thinking Nitro.

Who I was never in to.

6 hours ago, CureTheSane said:

Crank Up The Weekend is kinda average and weird electro drums in Waiting On You, but I'll definitely pick this one up as I know I'll really dig it.

In another thread I mentioned that I had not bothered with this band.
I figured out why.
I was thinking Nitro.

Who I was never in to.

Quite different!!!! haha

1 hour ago, melodicrock said:

Quite different!!!! haha

Yeah, I wouldn't have realised that there were two different bands probably.

Bet I never did Nitro, so if there was never a post likening them to Midnite City I probably never would have bothered to try them out I guess.

Problem I have here is there are so many bands posted who are new to me and most of the time they are full of synth pop.
Which is cool, because I'm not at a hard rock.metal forum, I'm at an AOR board, but sometimes I don't bother with the new stuff unless I'm in the mood for a crapshoot

On 8/8/2018 at 12:11 AM, melodicrock said:

Shoot me an email, I'll send you the audio.

Thanks!  Your email is?